it is highly likely that there is no ETERNAL hell... | INFJ Forum

it is highly likely that there is no ETERNAL hell...

puzzledheart

Community Member
May 12, 2015
MBTI
INFJ-T
Enneagram
2w1, 6w5, 9w1
I think some people here might be interested in the below mentioned site / book:
site:
http://www.hopebeyondhell.net/
book:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1461019540/?tag=infjs-20

You also might want to read
*Gerda Johsts "the uncut jewel" http://www.buchbeschreibungen.com/english/gjb.php , might be hard to get though
*Lee Strobels "the case for a creator"
*books by Raymond A. Moody
*http://www.amazon.com/dp/1604591277/?tag=infjs-20
*books by Robert James Lees
*"My descent into death" by Howard Storm

you might also want to check out my health tips here:
http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30030

please note that I am not going to fight with anyone over these topics :) I merely want to provide information / an alternative view.

best regards,

puzzledheart

It is even more likely that there is no hell at all, except Earth. Considering that we're in the philosophy section of the site, here's how Schopenhauer put it:

“For the world is Hell, and men are on the one hand the tormented souls and on the other the devils in it.”

well in my opinion, hell is a logical necessity. without hell, justice could not be served (for example for murderers or torturers).

However an ETERNAL hell would be in extreme contrast to gods most noble justness.

IMHO :)

[MENTION=5601]ezra[/MENTION]
I think anyone can see that there is no real justice on earth, therefore for justice to be served, there must be another side of the coin (= justice served in the hereafter), otherwise God would not be just.

IMHO :-D

Last edited:
Only the one in your mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scientia
one does not need to fight to have a chat about something! perhaps what you really mean is that you have already made up your mind and are not interested in other perspectives any more? not that theres anything wrong with that.

one does not need to fight to have a chat about something! perhaps what you really mean is that you have already made up your mind and are not interested in other perspectives any more? not that theres anything wrong with that.

I think so far I never "ultimately" made up my mind about anything in my life as I am constantly trying to refine my worldview :). I just think I figured this topic out well enough, aka I think I reached a sufficient degree of probability that my worldview regarding this particular topic is correct, therefore I do not actively search for more information about this particular topic and am not going to "fight" over it (= I am not going to try to convince anyone that I am right or that the other person is wrong about this topic, I merely offer the information). If I would passively come across conflicting "high quality" information about this topic I would surely take a look at it. If the information is good enough, which is highly unlikely regarding this topic in my opinion, I would jump into an "active research stage" again...

P.S.: My school english is so clumsy :m062:

Hell does exist trust me. But only as a state of mind.
Now...I want to fight someone over this.

I dislike using a religious connotation. But I am sick and lazy right now ...so thats what you ger.

Last edited:
Eventhorizon, I'm curious to know how credible the "trust me" part of your statement is. Though I'm not disagreeing, I am curious to know why you should be trustworthy to make that claim. I can't simply trust a stranger on that statement alone.

I agree that the concept of an “eternal” Hell makes no sense if we wish God to be just.

When someone commits a heinous crime and is sentenced to something like “three consecutive life sentences” it is of course symbolic in nature as we don’t keep their brains alive in jars to fill out their sentence.
And for most crimes, people serve their time, and get out…the same would have to be true of Hell, for it to exist in a semi-just way, that even the people who have committed the worst crimes against another person/people(s) will reach a point in time where the punishment will outweigh the crime, in that moment, Hell becomes unjust.
Not that I believe in a literal Hell…please see my above post/link

There are other reasons why the concept is flawed in relation to the attributes given to God/Jesus I can get into if you wish.

Another perspective on hell and consequences of actions:

All the good and evil that befall a man during one lifetime cannot be explained if we confine our attention to this life alone. What does he know of life who only one life knows?

“A mortal ripens like corn, and like corn he springs up again.” But the seed is left. We are all born with a blue-print of our life, as it were, mainly prepared by our actions in the previous life. Our present acts and thoughts are the result of our past and create our future. Man is the architect of his own fate and the builder of his own future destiny. As he accepts with serenity his present good or ill fortune, he can also look forward to the future with joy and courage. If present suffering is the result of past wicked action, then, in order to avoid suffering in a future existence, a thoughtful person should desire to engage in right action.

The experiences of the hereafter cannot be demonstrated in public. Time, space, and other conditions would certainly be different on the two sides of the grave. Therefore a living man would not understand the accounts of the dead even if they were to return to earth to tell him of their experiences. For this reason a scientific mind can only accept a plausible theory regarding after-death experiences. The theory of total annihilation is not satisfactory. It gives only a partial picture of existence. This theory is not only inconsistent with the self-love we possess, but also with the intuitive and direct experience of the seers regarding the indestructibility of the Soul and Its freedom from birth and dissolution. The rishis of the Upanishads were not impressed by the theory of eternal retribution in heaven or hell. That theory reveals a total disproportion between cause and effect. Life on earth is short, exposed to error, and bristling with temptations. Many of our wrong actions are the result of faulty upbringing and environment. To inflict upon the soul eternal punishment for the errors of a few years, or even a whole lifetime, is to throw to the winds all sense of proportion. It is also inconsistent with the concept of Love.

According to the doctrine of rebirth, it is the desire for material objects that is responsible for a person’s embodiment. Desires are of many kinds: some can be fulfilled in a human body, some in a subhuman body, and others in a superhuman body. When a man has fulfilled every desire through repeated births, without deriving abiding satisfaction, and finds the relative world to be bound by the law of cause and effect, he longs for communion with Brahman, which alone is untouched by the causal law. In most cases – barring those souls who attain Liberation from Brahmaloka – a human body is the best instrument for the attainment of Knowledge and Freedom; for in a god’s body or in a subhuman body one experiences only the fruits of one’s past action. Neither a god nor an animal reaps the fruits of action. Therefore they cannot be liberated unless they are born again in a human body.

According to the theory of rebirth, a soul is born again and again, high or low, depending on the merit or demerit of his actions, so that in every birth he may acquire a little more understanding and detachment and in the end attain perfect Knowledge and Freedom. This theory is in conformity with the law of cause and effect, which is the very basis of the physical universe. It is also in agreement with the spiritual experiences of the mystics regarding man’s ultimate end, which is the attainment of the knowledge of the Soul’s Immortality. Rebirth is the inevitable corollary of the Soul’s indestructibility and explains the reason for its embodiment in the relative universe.

Where bliss resides, and felicity,
Where Joy beyond joy dwells,
Where the craving of desire is stilled –
There suffer me to dwell immortal.

S. Nikhilananda – The Upanishads Vol. 1, commentary

[video=youtube;XaL7CkQaQpU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XaL7CkQaQpU[/video]​