Is This Normal? | INFJ Forum

Is This Normal?

iHeartCats

Community Member
Jun 7, 2014
MBTI
ESFP
I believe that plants have feelings, so when I eat fruit I sometimes think about how if I eat one peach and leave the other one for later, the one that I leave for later will be sad and think that I don't like it.

Does it happen to you sometimes?

When I was very young I thought things had feelings..like the family car. So naturally I was distraught when it was traded in for a different one. Over time I realized it was not the car but me who had feelings for all the memories associated with it. Plants may have feelings or not...dont know dont believe they do. But I can say that a picked fruit feels nothing.

It feels lonely?? Not scared for its life that it just witnessed you slurps it's dying friends juices??? XD
You're next little fruit
DUN DUN DUN
Eeeep!

It feels lonely?? Not scared for its life that it just witnessed you slurps it's dying friends juices??? XD
You're next little fruit
DUN DUN DUN
Eeeep!

But it's the life purpose of the fruit to be eaten. If it's not eaten, then its life was completely wasted and meaningless. It might as well have never existed then.

But it's the life purpose of the fruit to be eaten. If it's not eaten, then its life was completely wasted and meaningless. It might as well have never existed then.

As far as i'm aware the purpose of the fruit is not to be eaten it is to disseminate the seed it contains within

By getting animals to eat the fruit the animal then transports the seed in their gut and then deposits that seed somewhere else allowing a new fruit plant to grow; if eaten by a bird that seed could be transported over a wide distance

But a fruit does not need to be eaten to achieve that goal

Its a mutually beneficial arrangement that the plants and animals have developed

So don't sweat it...enjoy your fruit and maybe at some point plant a fruit tree

I believe that plants have feelings, so when I eat fruit I sometimes think about how if I eat one peach and leave the other one for later, the one that I leave for later will be sad and think that I don't like it.

It could be that you are projecting a little, that said there is plenty of evidence that plants have an emotional component. Recently I heard an article on the radio about plants having a strong reaction to the sound of a leaf being eaten by an insect.

I also recall hearing somewhere that the original meaning of the word "vegetarian" come from its root vegere "to be alive" the implication was that a vegetarian really only ate things that were not dead. (but I don't recall where I heard that)

I completely understand, I for one have severe remorse from killing a clan of sea monkeys by accident, and so if I consume anything meaty, I can hear it screaming in pain in my head. I am a remorseless omnivore of course, but it makes enjoying a cheeseburger just that little bit harder.

I lol'd. This is so cute.

I don't feel that way about anything that I eat. I used to have strong feelings about inanimate objects when I was a child but now not so much.

I talk to my plants all the time, sing to them, send them Reiki, and tell them I love them. I also do this with my stones and crystals.
I once did a clearing for a friend, and one of her stones was making fun of the others because it was bigger, and I gently scolded him like a mother, and he immediately calmed down, energetically.

I will from time, to time , tell something to "be nice" or" cooperate, please".

I don't feel guity about eating fruits though lol.

I was watching a documentary on Netflix,that was about plant socialization and it was also about there feelings,every living thing has feelings just a different type then a human being I doubt the peach could feel lonely...lol if it was attached to a tree still it could feel hot or cold or sunlight though but I seriously doubt they could feel human emotions like loneileness it sounds like maybe your projectiong how your feeling at the moment onto da peach lol

A little girl once tld me sumthin like dat. 'Cherry tomatoes are also humans, right? If you dont eat all of them, you're hurting the feelings of those left over'. Just think of a cannibalistic monster thinking that way about us... its intentions are good ;w;

Know an INFP who's the same. She's really sweet and idealistic. Felt the same as a kid, but not now.