Is the EU Democratic? Does Your Vote Matter? (Youtube) | INFJ Forum

Is the EU Democratic? Does Your Vote Matter? (Youtube)

American here, but I'm wondering how much of the feeling about the EU is related to the level of coverage EU officials receive, as opposed to political arguments. I imagine it's easier to feel like you didn't vote for an official you didn't vote for regardless of whether that's because you never had the ability to make an informed decision or because your input didn't matter.

Also, I'm not fully understanding why the national officials are less democratic, but that may become clearer on rewatch.

Nobody:

Jean Claude Juncker:
giphy.gif

:tearsofjoy:

Juncker and his 'back pain' lolol.

Rutte and Juncker's friendship makes me laugh too.

I'm still wearing my EU t-shirt on October 31st :(

I'll miss the Reich Union.
upload_2019-10-22_13-46-30.png

Hey Hos, how much free space does the EU have now that the UK left?

1 GB. :p

Also, you're brave for linking a Sargon vid, lololol.
Why is that brave? :neutral:

That Polish MEP is a disgusting waste of oxygen though. :unamused:

For the Europeans here; Kurzgesagt released a nice informercial in regards to what your vote exactly means for the EU and Yourself as an EU citizen. It's worth a check.

The video doesn't exactly make it clearer though, does it?

Which is of course the problem. The EU is hopelessly complicated and opaque lol. (Not that it's the only government body in the world that suffers from that problem, mind you. If you want a good laugh, look into Belgium's government.)

Why is that brave? :neutral:
Because the people who follow the UK media don't do fact checking and are just going to believe everything they heard about him.

And they're a gonna get mad at me for linking him.

Edit: but you're right that doesn't make me brave lol

Because the people who follow the UK media don't do fact checking and are just going to believe everything they heard about him.

Now that's a name I haven't heard of in a while. Does Sargon even have an active channel any more? I remember those "rational" edgelords were big a few years ago, but then people got bored and moved on.

And I can't imagine anyone gets angry with him. At least after you've watched more than one of his videos and realized he's a complete moron, it's more amusement than anything else you feel.

Actually, anyone who stands as a lone voice among the crowd is brave. :relaxed:

Now that's a name I haven't heard of in a while. Does Sargon even have an active channel any more? I remember those "rational" edgelords were big a few years ago, but then people got bored and moved on.

And I can't imagine anyone gets angry with him. At least after you've watched more than one of his videos and realized he's a complete moron, it's more amusement than anything else you feel.
Did people move on? I know the YouTube algorithm has been fucked with quite a bit but you have to take into account BitChute and these alternative platforms that are growing.

And oh yes, people get pissed at him lol.