Is Obama stirring another hornet's nest to leave it to someone else? | INFJ Forum

Is Obama stirring another hornet's nest to leave it to someone else?

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
Is Obama planning to half(way) start something in Syria, only to back away and let someone else have to deal with the repercussions? Awful lot of naval and other movement in the areas near there. Hezbollah is even moving their missiles to safer grounds. Iran is threatening America again. Does Obama have a full understanding of the arena, clearly defined objectives, and the resolve to complete them? Has he evaluated the cost for the US and their allies? The citizens of the arena? Is he prepared for the blowback and what will be left to deal with? Is he trying to place the Muslim Brotherhood in charge of the area, given the dynamics that will cause much harm to other religions and peoples? Can Obama afford to allow Assad to continue on his path, knowing the stance he took in Egypt and Libya? Will he be considered twofaced if he does nothing?

Any thoughts?

I think Obama should address verbally address the situation in Syria, putting a spotlight on the atrocities being committed there. Only through a cooperative effort involving other countries can we appropriately conquer international threats. I do not believe in reacting with an attitude of self-defense or entitlement to encroach on borders, but rather with a humane and righteous approach.

I believe that we should expose Iran's insanity vehemently, call for a unified effort on behalf of the United Nations and any other country committed to justice to put Iran's uncalled for and antagonistic nuclear program to rest. It is obvious that Ahmadinejad is nothing less than a mentally unstable tyrant. His holocaust denial, anti-Western and apparently anti-Semitic attitude conflict with the most basic of human values and international accepted common sense.

Hezbollah are a bunch of terrorists and are against the only stable country in the Middle East: Israel. While I disagree with their government's treatment of the Palestinians and I believe they have a responsibility for their occupants (remember, Israel is not the occupant - around 2600 years Israel was theirs and then it was forcibly ripped from their ownership). We should call for action against them in this humanitarian plead to the UN and the nations of the world.

Atrocities are being committed daily. It might cause unrest among the countries of the world for us to mount a diplomatic and verbal campaign against movements intrinsically evil and threatening to humanity; however, I believe that it is our duty as a powerful (or once-powerful) nation to stomach social conflict in order to secure the greater good for our human brothers and sisters.

I hope this isn't an insane approach.

Last edited:
Obama is not the decision maker. He's just the spokesman for the decision makers.
It sure looks as if Libya was just a dress rehearsal for Syria. And after that they probably want to get at Iran, and that will have far reaching consequences.

I highly doubt that those decision makers are INFJs.

Nobody understand meh. T_T

Kim.Jong.Il.jpg

Elections are brewing.

Nobody understand meh. T_T

Kim.Jong.Il.jpg

Yes, he feels highly misunderstood. He just turned around a ship that was stopped by our Navy heading to Burma.

Obama is not the decision maker. He's just the spokesman for the decision makers.
It sure looks as if Libya was just a dress rehearsal for Syria. And after that they probably want to get at Iran, and that will have far reaching consequences.

Wonder who decided on the visit to Puerto Rico: his campaign managers?

Assad, in my opinion, is just doing what most others would do in his situation. He is not unlike Gadaffi, who knows more about what and who he is fighting than outsiders. It is a shame people do not think down the road in regards to their actions. Civil war is a serious situation. Killing will happen when the actions look as if they are heading to civil war....on all sides. Mubarak? Not unlike the others. They will be looked at as victims as much as criminals one day.

The White House needs an infj.....somewhere.

Barack Obama is a man of color. :eyebrows:

Hearing Obama speak about the middle east gives me confidence in him because you can really tell how much he understands about the situation. He doesn't make rash decisions. He's too moderate for me but I trust him.

Hearing Netanyahu talk about the Middle East is like hearing from experience. Hearing Obama talk about it is, at least to me, frightening from his lack of understanding the complicated dynamics of the region.

Hearing Obama talk about it is, at least to me, frightening from his lack of understanding the complicated dynamics of the region.

The guy is clueless. He became president only because he won a popularity contest.
Take his teleprompter and speechwriters away and he will look as smart as Bush.

The guy is clueless. He became president only because he won a popularity contest.

They call it democracy.

Hearing Netanyahu talk about the Middle East is like hearing from experience. Hearing Obama talk about it is, at least to me, frightening from his lack of understanding the complicated dynamics of the region.
I get the opposite vibe. Watching his talk with Bill O"Reilly as well as his other interviews makes me see how much he knows. Keith Olbermann talks about an off the record interview he did with some press a while back. Keith said he's one of the 1000 smartest men in America. You may think that Keith is biased and yatta yatta yatta but he's very smart and when he says something like that, he's probably right.

I'm talking interviews, not speeches. He's one of the most honest presidents since fdr and one of the smartest that we've ever had.

I get the opposite vibe. Watching his talk with Bill O"Reilly as well as his other interviews makes me see how much he knows. Keith Olbermann talks about an off the record interview he did with some press a while back. Keith said he's one of the 1000 smartest men in America. You may think that Keith is biased and yatta yatta yatta but he's very smart and when he says something like that, he's probably right.

I'm talking interviews, not speeches. He's one of the most honest presidents since fdr and one of the smartest that we've ever had.

What I think is from my own mind and not from that of some guy named Keith.

Reactions: acd
I don't like any of our present contenders for office. The contest always goes to the best looking, which I can understand, but not sympathize with. If Sarah Palin gets the nomination, she'll stand a good chance of winning. This terrifies the left. I guess I don't care. Someone who isn't too trigger happy would be nice. I never liked Obama, but did like John Edwards. I was fooled by the wonderful head of hair. We never get to know very much about the candidates even after years in office we don't really know anything about Obama. I've read four books on him and two of his own books and don't feel like I know anything about him. I think we saw him briefly when he went wild at Officer Crowley for getting in HL Gates' face. I don't think that whole scenario was scripted, although the beer and peanuts were back on script. We will never see any of these people. It's all orchestrated so beautifully like a very long and drawn out championship wrestling match. I started out anarchist in my twenties and have slowly moved toward a libertarian position with Ron Paul as the one person whose opinion I listen to. But I would hate to have him as president. He makes too much sense. I prefer that the parties run the show according to what they think they can get away with. I don't think the office of president can stand too much reality. It's better that we have a dumbshow with an official history. The American president is way too important to trust to someone with a brain. Far better to have an actor who plays according to the script and doesn't have any ideas of their own. Let the corporations run the country as long as we are still fed and they know enough to leave the rivers and air relatively clean and keep the planet in one piece. I do wish someone would help the mountain gorillas in Rwanda and so on, but I just think it's better that we have sleepwalkers in place. I mean if someone were to awaken in the White House as a person with individual ambitions I think it would be a monstrous nightmare. The thing must remain scripted by business leaders with religious leaders waving flags from the sidelines. Fe is what should rule the roost in Washington DC. God forbid someone who's actually thinking should ever get in there. Maybe Romney can play the part next. Please, nobody with a brain!