[INFJ] - Is integrated AI the end of INFJs? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Is integrated AI the end of INFJs?

Template errors

• Template public:share_page_macros: [E_USER_WARNING] Function x_logo is unknown (src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1109)
  • An upgrade is pending. The forum is only accessible in debug mode.
    Complete upgrade

TheFool

Community Member
Dec 13, 2018
Above Artic Circle
MBTI
INFJ
What are your thoughts about the integration of AI and human brains?

According to Elon Musk and other scientists the AI-human hybrid technology will become real within our lifetime. As humans will be able to communicate telepathically and perceive the thoughts of others, it will be the end of our inherent integrity and private time. You will not be able to play Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde in our heads or hide our weed anymore since even the darkest thoughts and emotions will be displayed. Also we will lose our uniqueness since not only are others able to perceive us as we are but also our minds will become part of a greater network where individual creativity will be owned and shared with the whole community, whether we want it or not.

I feel more and more inclined to live a simple and unplugged life with real human interactions and genuine experiences. For me the whole social media and evolutions of technology seems as bread and circuses to distract our minds from perceiving our social and biological degradation. I don't think that we are wiser than we used to be. We might be smarter and more manipulating as we live our lives through smart-technolgy. I feel that technology has actually made us less sympathetic and more segregated already. I have hard time to see how more intelligence and technology would made us more humane..

I am a bit pessimistic but I dare you to prove me wrong! ;)

According to Elon Musk and other scientists the AI-human hybrid technology will become real within our lifetime. As humans will be able to communicate telepathically and perceive the thoughts of others, it will be the end of our inherent integrity and private time. You will not be able to play Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde in our heads or hide our weed anymore since even the darkest thoughts and emotions will be displayed. Also we will lose our uniqueness since not only are others able to perceive us as we are but also our minds will become part of a greater network where individual creativity will be owned and shared with the whole community, whether we want it or not.

I feel more and more inclined to live a simple and unplugged life with real human interactions and genuine experiences. For me the whole social media and evolutions of technology seems as bread and circuses to distract our minds from perceiving our social and biological degradation. I don't think that we are wiser than we used to be. We might be smarter and more manipulating as we live our lives through smart-technolgy. I feel that technology has actually made us less sympathetic and more segregated already. I have hard time to see how more intelligence and technology would made us more humane..

But there are some intriguing possibilities as well as the ultimate extrovert nightmare. You could download yourself completely into your own in silico universe. You could create your very own world where you could be immortal and be it’s god. You’d make all its inhabitants in your own image and likeness so you’d get along just fine. Hmmm! Not too sure about that - maybe that’s how our ‘real’ world came to exist lol......

But there are some intriguing possibilities as well as the ultimate extrovert nightmare. You could download yourself completely into your own in silico universe. You could create your very own world where you could be immortal and be it’s god. You’d make all its inhabitants in your own image and likeness so you’d get along just fine. Hmmm! Not too sure about that - maybe that’s how our ‘real’ world came to exist lol......

It seems more likely that we are in a simulation than that we are not. Also if it has happened once it has surely happened several times within the simulation itself, just as humans are attempting to do at the moment..

It becomes trippy when you read religious texts from a technological point of view, especially the Genesis and many of the Buddhist texts about cosmology and nature of reality. But that is worth of its own thread. :sweatsmile:

Playing God like this can't end well even if it doesn't cause some big disaster it could very well cause social changes that will be difficult to accurately predict. As for being immortal those saying it are probably clueless about technology and history that very little to nothing material lasts forever.

Maybe this tech development is just us heading towards the next incarnation of the primordial soup that we supposedly came from. We could be the evolving building blocks of some godly (in comparison to us) creatures who will be the building blocks of subsequent beings.

Tech robs us of what makes us human (i.e. compassion, love, mercy) but maybe this is just a fluke catalyst towards us becoming like the non-thinking single-celled organisms that we arose from. Maybe this is just one of infinite fates that will occur.

4E2C765B-AD96-4498-8287-EF7ACCFD593D.jpeg

Last edited:

The human race is very adaptable and innovative. No matter what the future looks like, I am confident we will adapt. INFJ's too. The only catch is that it is hard to keep adapting as a person. Your kids will laugh at you: daddy thinks the past is always better :grinning:

Reactions: John K
If we are in a simulation and having events repeat or occur again, then it could be a deja vu scenario. In which, we recognize the event the first time and try to play it out again from memory. Thus we try to improve the event from imagination which could become a reality. Although tough to prove.

In addition, if we integrated ourselves with AI, then I surely hope we keep what makes us unique and special. As @TheFool suggested some kind of firewall or if humans are given the option to not integrate with AI.

Speaking of AI has anyone ever watched the movies A.I. or Ex Machina?

The idea is that the simplest device that can simulate the universe is the universe - I've come across that argument before and despite the fascinating speculation about simulations this seems to me the most plausible way of looking at things. I'm sure some bright spark of a future Einstein will find an equivalence between information and mass as well and prove that a universe simulation physically smaller that the actual universe would collapse gravitationally into a black hole - or something like that. The counter argument to all this is that you don't need to simulate the whole thing all the time - just the bit that conscious creatures are experiencing. This sounds too much like a conspiracy theory for my taste, so on purely illogical grounds I think it's wrong :D

The idea is that the simplest device that can simulate the universe is the universe - I've come across that argument before and despite the fascinating speculation about simulations this seems to me the most plausible way of looking at things. I'm sure some bright spark of a future Einstein will find an equivalence between information and mass as well and prove that a universe simulation physically smaller that the actual universe would collapse gravitationally into a black hole - or something like that. The counter argument to all this is that you don't need to simulate the whole thing all the time - just the bit that conscious creatures are experiencing. This sounds too much like a conspiracy theory for my taste, so on purely illogical grounds I think it's wrong :D

We could all be living in the Matrix :flushed:. Or we can do what we do now and play with some VR headsets hehe.

For me the whole social media and evolutions of technology seems as bread and circuses to distract our minds from perceiving our social and biological degradation

Agreed. I rarely log on my Facebook and Snapchat nowadays. Don't have a twitter and used to have Instagram, but completely uninstalled that app.

The more I interact with nature, the more I feel completely satisfied and in touch with my human roots. I was in a restaurant the other day, and I was in observation mode for a brief moment while I was waiting for my food and the amount of people glued to their phones was pretty astounding. As much as I love the technological advances we as human beings are achieving each year, we are growing more detached as a result. It is pretty depressing. My loved ones are all about the social media and current trends of anything technological--- and for myself, I am always preparing myself for the next trip I will make to explore and hike, or to read a nice book. Total opposites :sweatsmile:

Ex Machina?

I have watched that! It was pretty interesting and quite creepy, haha. The setting was absolutely gorgeous though. :)

I am fully convinced that these movies are cautionary tales if we continue this route in the creations of AI. It's funny how we create all these dooms-day movies about AI and knowing the chaotic possibilities of what could happen, but yet we are still going ahead and trying to create AI. I should be proud as a human being on all the progress we are making, but I just get queasy and unsettled.

Stephen Hawking didn't say artificial intelligence could be the ultimate downfall for humankind for no reason!

I am always preparing myself for the next trip I will make to explore and hike, or to read a nice book. Total opposites :sweatsmile:

Suppose though that you could directly input the controls and sensors of a glider drone directly into your mind so you could soar over the mountains with the eagles? Or walk on the moon without a spacesuit? Wouldn’t you be tempted? I’m not talking about mind transplants or other fantasies here - just direct connections from devices to our minds.

Agreed. I rarely log on my Facebook and Snapchat nowadays. Don't have a twitter and used to have Instagram, but completely uninstalled that app.

The more I interact with nature, the more I feel completely satisfied and in touch with my human roots. I was in a restaurant the other day, and I was in observation mode for a brief moment while I was waiting for my food and the amount of people glued to their phones was pretty astounding. As much as I love the technological advances we as human beings are achieving each year, we are growing more detached as a result. It is pretty depressing. My loved ones are all about the social media and current trends of anything technological--- and for myself, I am always preparing myself for the next trip I will make to explore and hike, or to read a nice book. Total opposites :sweatsmile:

This. So much this. I was at the airport over in D.C. about two years ago waiting to board and I would say about 90% of the people there were all staring into their phones, tablets, etc. Even the kids. It was actually kind of funny since almost no one was looking I was making funny faces a people :D .

Suppose though that you could directly input the controls and sensors of a glider drone directly into your mind so you could soar over the mountains with the eagles? Or walk on the moon without a spacesuit? Wouldn’t you be tempted? I’m not talking about mind transplants or other fantasies here - just direct connections from devices to our minds.

There's actually a movie similar to what you're describing. Surrogates (2009) starring Bruce Willis, lol there's so many movies on these topics. But essentially it's pretty much logging on into a robot where you are able to control from the comfort of your own home. You would interact with the world as you would physically without your actual body being present.

That’s a great point! I would be actually very very tempted! Especially the soaring with the eagles part! :tearsofjoy::smile:

I may be more lenient and less hesistant at that point. :D

In conjunction to what @Willenstarke has mentioned earlier regarding the VR headsets; there are theories that if we continue this route of advancements, we could possibily create realistic virtual reality worlds through VR headsets and literally do whatever we want, even the flying part! It’s pretty exciting.

I am all up for those type of technologies, just except the whole AI robotic terminator aspect. Gives me chills up my spine. :neutral:

Reactions: Will and John K
That’s a great point! I would be actually very very tempted! Especially the soaring with the eagles part! :tearsofjoy::smile:

I may be more lenient and less hesistant at that point. :D

In conjunction to what @Willenstarke has mentioned earlier regarding the VR headsets; there are theories that if we continue this route of advancements, we could possibily create realistic virtual reality worlds through VR headsets and literally do whatever we want, even the flying part! It’s pretty exciting.

I am all up for those type of technologies, just except the whole AI robotic terminator aspect. Gives me chills up my spine. :neutral:

Yeah kind of like VR headsets meet Sims world lol. Or is that actually happened.

Reactions: JennyDaniella
Reactions: Will
Spent a few hours last night thinking on this and in a way AI is nothing new at all through social engineering saying that programmed people are like AI acting in scripted ways. The reasoning behind this is that through education, entertainment, social media, and other means like software being distributed on a network. It is these programmed actions, reactions, responses, and sometimes the lack there of gives off creep and outright bad vibes from people these days.

The past few months people have brought up how people are acting like NPCs