Is anyone else like me? | INFJ Forum

Is anyone else like me?

WhyAmIMe

Two
Mar 2, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm the most shyest person in my school and most people see me as a little innocent five year-old. My friends see me as "innocent" so they don't tell me things. That's probably because I'm shy, nice, and short. Still, I can tell people think I don't understand that there are troubles in this world and I'm still living a care-free 5 year-old life. Also, my friends usually don't talk about their feelings with me because they think I won't understand.

Is anyone else treated like this, and if so, why do we appear to be so kiddish?

I'm assuming you're younger based on the style of your writing (correct me if I'm wrong).
People treated me that way when I was younger (7th-9th grade-ish).
Chances are they think they'll offend you. Because you're shy, people probably also perceive you as meek.
This will factor into people thinking you're innocent. Those traits are very much regarded as childlike.
Allow yourself and others to grow up a little more. Don't rush into looking mature. Then you become that annoying
teenager who has a boyfriend just to say she has a boyfriend. I'm picturing some loud, gum-smacking, lipgloss-wearing girl.
It's not always the most comfortable experience, but give it some time and things will get better.

Sounds like you are in the perfect position to do something subversive. No one will expect!

I'm the most shyest person in my school and most people see me as a little innocent five year-old. My friends see me as "innocent" so they don't tell me things. That's probably because I'm shy, nice, and short. Still, I can tell people think I don't understand that there are troubles in this world and I'm still living a care-free 5 year-old life. Also, my friends usually don't talk about their feelings with me because they think I won't understand.

I think its to do with the nature of intuition

You'll probably find that as you develop your mental map you gain a greater understanding of things and people and with that a greater confidence will come. Also as the mental map reaches a certain critical mass things begin to connect up in a big way....this is when intuition comes into its own and suddenly you will notice that those that seemed to innately know or understand things begin making a lot of mistakes and in fact don't have all the answers

Give yourself time. Don't put yourself under any pressure....use your teens and twenties to experience, observe, see, do and learn...enjoy the process and the journey and then use the rest of your life to do the same rofl
:)

When your mature friends become mature they will wish they were innocent again. Being innocent is a good thing so wear it with pride while you can.