Community Member
Aug 17, 2015
UK
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Hi everyone,
As the title reads I'm a 'current' INTP exploring the possibility that I may have mistyped.
I've come across from INTPf where some of the members there suggested I may have mistyped myself.
The only results I get from MBTI are INTP and as far as I'm aware, I can relate very well to the profile of INTP.
Relating to some of the INTPforum INTP's is not that natural however. Many of them are gaming nerds and they love Anime, unlike me.

My interests on the other hand have been labelled INFJish, due to the fact that I have a large interest in conspiracy theory and the occult.

Upon looking at the function stack, I don't find it very staigh forward, like the INFJ's I find that I rely heavily on perception and intuition. I don't believe Fe is a secondary function which I utilise much like the INTP's I find my Fe rather under developed.

I know the majority if not all my time is spent inside my own head, but I don't trust myself to label that Ti or Ni.

I do not think I am a natural feeler,logic plays an important role in my life.

How would I know if I have mistyped?

On a crap device, will post this now and edit appropriately.

Last edited:
Everyone is capable of using logic when they want to. Do you see logic as a means to an end, or as an end unto itself?

If you have to resolve a conflict or conviction, what is more important to you: a personal solution based on the feelings of people, or an impersonal solution based on logic and reason?

How accurate do you feel your understanding and communication needs to be? Are you ok with vague, abstract answers, or do you need things to be as strictly precise as you can get them?

Depends on the problem being solved. Some truths are unchangeable, others aren't.
However nigh all my decisions and rulings are based in logic, I usually disregard my own feelings, not trusting them anyway.
Second question, logic wins. I have a love hate relationship with vagueness. Being a student of the occult you have to learn to deal with hidden meanings and veiled truths. I'm happy with abstracts. It would be much easier if people just explained them selves without the riddles tho, and I would prefer that.

Sinny said:
As the title reads I'm a 'current' INTP exploring the possibility that I may have mistyped.
I've come across from INTPf where some of the members there suggested I may have mistyped myself.
The only results I get from MBTI are INTP and as far as I'm aware, I can relate very well to the profile of INTP.
Relating to some of the INTPforum INTP's is not that natural however. Many of them are gaming nerds and they love Anime, unlike me.j

First off, it really helps to know the philosophy of what's even gotten at by the MBTI test. The issue of whether someone prefers thinking or feeling is quite multifaceted -- never confuse the test's T-F with being more or less equivalent to one of its constituent parts.
It IS possible someone can prefer feeling to thinking, or vice versa, but not quite tapping into the same psychological reasons for preferring it as the test most naturally measures.

The MBTI T-F has a lot to do with things like toughness and tenderness, so it's a lot more along the lines of how prone someone is to use logic as opposed to their tender sentiments in responding to situations than it is about how, say, intellectual, perceptive, or inquisitive they are (which may relate more to N-S).

Many people tend to be more in-the-middle than very significantly either side, and some really are not even particularly pronounced period and deserve a score of "X" -- while the MBTI organization tends to portray this as not an option, earlier the founder Myers allowed omissions of test items, and didn't rule out that some didn't have much of a preference, and leading psychologists in the theory of psychometric test construction have evaluated the MBTI and suggested it's a good idea to reinstate the "X" option.

The popular function-stacks are one of the more questionable inventions: the idea that INFJs even have much Fe is pretty much a matter of subjective call, and it certainly doesn't correspond to what Carl Jung thought, and it doesn't relate well to the formal test measurement. It's more a certain heuristic that Js are conscientious and thus seek more of an "externally verifiable standard" for evaluation and judgment than Ps.
The mistakes of the function stacks is they try to turn most insights about a give thing (T, F, N, S, E,I etc) into a neat ordering of 4 function-attitudes, when in reality Jung viewed the attitude more as a general attitude of consciousness, meaning whether you're E or I was a general holistic thing, not something you try to decide about every last function you use (if anything the only truly clear cases were for people with pronounced dominant and inferiors, which just amounted to saying your most oft-tapped process probably was deployed in most tapped attitude).

Also be aware Jungian E/I differs from modern E/I considerably, in that in his case, E/I was more fused with the dichotomy of sensation vs inner life (even his extraverted intuitive type would be oriented by perceiving intuitively into phenomena more tied to the sensory world).
I for example would not really identify with this version.

I tend to like the socionics presentations of the function-attitudes to some extent, but also find it is too rigid to use exclusively, as again it tries to turn things that are really combinations of psychological tendencies into single tendencies (e.g. turning extraversion+thinking into Te, and trying to pin down exactly what Te is, as separate from T+e).

Last edited:
Relating to some of the INTPforum INTP's is not that natural however. Many of them are gaming nerds and they love Anime, unlike me.

Congratulations.

Personality types have a tendency to fall into cliche groups. However, the interests of an INTP can range widely. Pretty much anything that he/she is compelled to analyze into a complex system.

Depends on the problem being solved. Some truths are unchangeable, others aren't.
However nigh all my decisions and rulings are based in logic, I usually disregard my own feelings, not trusting them anyway.

I don't know any INTPs personally, but based on your cognitive functions stack, I would say Sinny is spot on here. Also, as an INFJ my Fe (extroverted feeling) is my secondary function. Whereas for INTPs their Fe (extroverted feeling) is their inferior, or fourth function. Because it's my secondary, my Fe is often very active during my decision making, especially when it comes to social perception, other people, and various social situations. If your primary mode of thinking is introverted, you care deeply about logic, and you find yourself using your intuition externally, chances are you're an INTP.

Here's a comparative breakdown of the two types. Which one resonates more with you? :D

Thanks for the input, in regards to my gaming/nerd comment, I didn't mean it to sound so shallow, but my devicedecided to play up upon thread creation, so I've had to be a breif as possible. To expand on that, I found the INTP's I've interacted with are hostile towards my conspiracy mind-set. But let's face it, nigh all politics and world events are one huge conspiracy, aand I reached that conclusion through logic haha.

I have read that INFJ/INTP article, however I found myself relating to both.
Here's some additional in relation from the INTPf.
http://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=22767

I realise I'm not providing much in regards to info, but I'm not sure what it is I need to share in order to help differentiate.

Generally, someone who overall feels they have the ability to find the logical answer to everything, but is quite sympathetic and compassionate would be a moderate T, by the way. I think while curiosity and interest in ideas and concepts is more an N thing, having a sense of preferring a logical answer to everything is definitely T-related. Some F-T questions are tapping into whether, at times, it's important to just go with what you feel, prioritizing it over logic. OR, even if you value logic greatly, valuing what you feel greater.
I think people who have a sense that they can always reframe everything logically tend to be Ts.
A sentiment like valuing tuning, with your feelings, into what someone is feeling, and relating it to your feelings, is closer to a F one.

The very strong Ts are generally uninvested in sympathy or feelings, wouldn't be considered persons of much feeling (although, please note, introverted feeling types are often externally cold but internally full of feeling), and more or less resort to cold logic in deciding everything.

Having strong intuition doesn't mean you're not also a strong T > F - you might be MORE an N than a T though.

Sinny said:
Upon looking at the function stack, I don't find it very staigh forward, like the INFJ's I find that I rely heavily on perception and intuition. I don't believe Fe is a secondary function which I utilise much like the INTP's I find my Fe rather under developed.

I know the majority if not all my time is spent inside my own head, but I don't trust myself to label that Ti or Ni.

I do not think I am a natural feeler,logic plays an important role in my life.

The function stackings are highly arbitrary. INTPs in the dichotomies can be intuitive dominants. I'm pretty sure you're a T, not a F, just you may be closer to an intuitive leading type.
Jung didn't think your function-attitudes alternate, aka, even if you were Ni first it didn't mean you had to have Fe > Ti -- you could hae Ti > Fe, and in fact this is what he typed Nietzsche, who was also into pretty wild phenomena, and was said by Jung to delve into things that one couldn't really appreciate with logic alone, which is probably what you mean by delving into occult phenomena.

Last edited:
I thought you were IxTJ but I haven't really got to know you that well. I don't like anime either but I am 30 and married. I don't get to be a computer nerd who lives in the basement. :)

Oh hey Greyman, I'm a bit late checking into the party haha.
Will read responses nighh.