INTJ guys are great | INFJ Forum

INTJ guys are great

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
I have noticed that every time a guy has been very close to me and shares lots of interests with me, whether as friend or lover, he is most likely to be an INTJ. At the moment I have five guy friends who are close to me. 3 are INTJ, 1 is ENTJ and the last is an INFP.

I find that INTJ men mesh well with INFJ women and tend to have our backs like we have theirs. Am I the only one who sees this pattern?

I TOTALLY agree. My boyfriend's INTJ and i have never ever connected with anyone ever as i do with him. "Soul and mind mates"

I think INFJ women are pretty special... I'll be more broad and say INFJs are awesome.

Huh. And yet you have negative marked most of my posts related to yours. Go figure....

Most of the INTJs I've known drove me to insanity, but I am also an INTJ male.

This entire discussion is more subjective than the big bang theory.

I do admire the INTJs resolve. They're usually highly intelligent or very intuitive, and have a firm grasp on what they feel or think. They're direct, and I like that they're not overly expressive. They say a lot with their eyes and tend to be quiet and reserved. They only speak when they have something to say. They're not big on fanfare, and pretty much tell it like it is. They don't hide how they feel or think. They could probably use more tact when they share their feelings, since they can be pretty blunt, but you at least won't have to wonder too much about what they think, since they will tell you. They're not coy or shy.

Last edited:
I think that can work brilliantly. My father was INTJ and my mother was INFJ and they were *special* together. I have to say I've met a few INTJs who were poorly adapted T types, and they were a mega pain. But I think especially with a loving INFJ around to bring out their best, that can be an amazing combination.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Reason
I think that can work brilliantly. My father was INTJ and my mother was INFJ and they were *special* together. I have to say I've met a few INTJs who were poorly adapted T types, and they were a mega pain. But I think especially with a loving INFJ around to bring out their best, that can be an amazing combination.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Yes, I've known quite a few of those and I can't stand them either. I can be a bit arrogant at times, but mostly it comes with a underlayer of self-depreciation. So many INTJs completely believe their own hype, are narrow-minded and refuse to see anything any other way but theirs. It's incredibly annoying.

The few I've met that have some self-awareness tend to be interesting and insightful folk. And I really appreciate their input.

Reactions: Lurk
I am a huge fan of INTJs. My husband and several people I like more than other people are INTJs.

INTJs and INTPs are wonderful. They're typically my favorite people.

Yes - I think INTJ's are maybe the only mbti type that truly get how 'different' INFJ's are, because they are themselves almost. I think I've read that INTJ's seem to be the most individual type, and there's certainly been a real variation on the ones I've met. My former manager was an INTJ and he was great, he got into difficulty with a member of staff (who was horrendous) and I backed him up, because he did nothing wrong. It kind of cost me a bit among some colleagues, and I think he knew and appreciated it that I stuck my neck out.

However I have to say his boss was an INTJ, and I've never met a more egotistical, dishonest piece of work. Naturally he's been very successful at work, despite leaving a trail of destruction and failure in his wake. He picked a row with me in front of a room full of colleagues one day, and I waited for them all to leave. Once we were alone and I challenged him, he folded like a wet towel, apologizing (insincerely) and promising never to repeat it. Grrr !!

Overall though I prefer to think of INTJ's being like my father, incredibly smart, quiet and with a steely intellectual determination. That to me, is the the more typical INTJ. I was very friendly with an INTJ on this forum some time ago, but sadly she left. I do think INTJ women get a harder time than INTJ men, some of the more 'T' behavior seems to be more accepted from men, than women, which is unfair.

Reactions: Bellosome
INFJ women are the greatest people I've ever met. I've fallen for two women and both were INFJs. That says quite a bit about their character, and as an INTJ, I can certainly see no more comfortable relationship to have than with an INFJ woman by my side.

Reactions: Bellosome
I have noticed that every time a guy has been very close to me and shares lots of interests with me, whether as friend or lover, he is most likely to be an INTJ. At the moment I have five guy friends who are close to me. 3 are INTJ, 1 is ENTJ and the last is an INFP.

I find that INTJ men mesh well with INFJ women and tend to have our backs like we have theirs. Am I the only one who sees this pattern?

That makes me wonder, can you draw any correlations/distinctions between your post here and the men that you encounter in your "games men play" thread? Not trying to rain on this thread, but the question popped into my head. Feel free to address it (if you so choose) somewhere else, like in the other thread.

Great relationships with INTJs?? Not in my experience. Upstart can be great, but sooner or later I constantly run into all sorts of trouble with this type, regardless of gender. The main problem being insensitivity to social dynamics and self-righteousness.

Great relationships with INTJs?? Not in my experience. Upstart can be great, but sooner or later I constantly run into all sorts of trouble with this type, regardless of gender. The main problem being insensitivity to social dynamics and self-righteousness.

Yea, that is pretty common..

Hey!!!

I know two INTJs that I'm aware of. One is a woman, and a Texan, and that should say enough right there. We share a mutual respect for each other, but beyond that, she drives me completely batshit crazy. xD

The other is a male, has a dairy cow, and sponsors an eagle nest. He's absolutely brilliant. I seriously appreciate how he can explain anything in a way that makes sense. And like the other INTJ, we share a weird mutual respect for each other.

Both are at least 20 years older than me and married with children roughly my age. So, the friendship or relationship attraction isn't really there. But I understand the attraction in general and certainly have mad respect for them.

Self-righteous - *nods* Yep, I agree and it's even more amusing when they are totally oblivious to it (and in a strange way that's really attractive) and I just love watching their face when you point it out to them. :wink:

Healthy INTJs have a huge amount of integrity, are completely trustworthy, you know exactly where you stand with them and they are nonconformists (people pleaser - NO!) but not for the sake of trying to be different or for the sake of making a point. I like their bluntness - it's real and honest (even if we agree to disagree) but it's the fact that their intentions are always good - not pretentious and for me that's refreshing. They have an unshakeable but receptive backbone and their sarcasm is indescribably sharp. To outsiders they appear cold but deep down they are incredibly affectionate, endearing and tactile - all of the above qualities I strongly admire....and I can say all of this because I'm married to an awesome INTJ.

Intj's - you're simple the best!!

[video=youtube;mNU3aIJs88g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNU3aIJs88g[/video]

I think my F is pretty weak. Its been a while since I've done a true Myers-Briggs Test

Healthy INTJs have a huge amount of integrity, are completely trustworthy, you know exactly where you stand with them and they are nonconformists (people pleaser - NO!) but not for the sake of trying to be different or for the sake of making a point. I like their bluntness - it's real and honest (even if we agree to disagree) but it's the fact that their intentions are always good - not pretentious and for me that's refreshing. They have an unshakeable but receptive backbone and their sarcasm is indescribably sharp. To outsiders they appear cold but deep down they are incredibly affectionate, endearing and tactile - all of the above qualities I strongly admire....and I can say all of this because I'm married to an awesome INTJ.

- Nailed it.