Interesting, bubble makes light? Sonoluminescence | INFJ Forum

Interesting, bubble makes light? Sonoluminescence

dogman6126

Community Member
May 9, 2014
MBTI
ENFJ-wasINFJ
[video=youtube;2yHDeKFW8j8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yHDeKFW8j8[/video]

Check out this video, what are some peoples opinions? Truly interesting.

Very interesting…I wonder if anyone is thinking of ways to harness the reaction that is taking place there? If it’s as hot and as highly charged as they claim it may be then it would be interesting to discover “why”.

Very interesting…I wonder if anyone is thinking of ways to harness the reaction that is taking place there? If it’s as hot and as highly charged as they claim it may be then it would be interesting to discover “why”.
We need to know how it works before we could ever harness it if it is able to be harnessed. For example, it might only work on small scale, therefore useless as a power source :m075:. On the other hand, there are a number of conceivable ways it could still be harnessed that would allow it to be an easy form of energy, if that is what it is :m2:. So many questions.....very interesting concept :m154:

I was gonna say "HAY THIS IS HOW MANTIS SHRIMP DO"

First thing they show is a mantis shrimp. o.o Now I don't get to be clever...

I'm pretty sure that the impulse required to make it is so powerful that on larger scales it'd probably destroy stuff.

I mean after all the mantis shrimp has probably the fastest 'hands' (claws) in the world - some insects can strike faster but they do this in air while the mantis shrimp does it in water.

Edit: and mantis shrimp hit so hard that some of them can break aquarium glass with their little hammer claws.

Last edited:
Pretty cool. My guess is glowing gas due to heat of collapse.
The more worrisome question is, how did shrimp get a hold of this technology and how do they plan to use it?