INFP vs. ISFP | INFJ Forum

INFP vs. ISFP

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What are the main differences from your personal observations between INFPs and ISFPs.

Based on my time spent working with a man who tested as an ISFP (as told to me by him), I would say that he had interest in concrete, real-world aesthetics that was more physical than mental. Also, he had an interest in the politics of personal relationships that I didn’t really understand, inasmuch as my preferences in terms of interpersonal engagement would have left me with zero political capital in the game as he saw it. I should also mention, “the game” is my language, because I have difficulty thinking about it in terms of anything other than an idea; he didn’t think of it that way — to him, it was a dynamic process.

On the other hand, I would begin to speak of something in an abstracted, conceptual way and I would see him roll his eyes and he would then tell me he had neither capacity or patience for that kind of talk.

But in some ways, we were very much alike.

cheers,
Ian

Reactions: Gaze
INFPs are Ne. That means that they will enjoy talking/thinking about possibilities (What if ___? What would have happened if ____?) much more than ISFPs (who for the most part dont really care).

ISFPs (Se) tend to be much more impulsive in their choices than INFPs. You know, the kind of person who has barely any money but who will buy an expensive shirt just because they like it. =P

If there is an ISFP and an INFP in a beautiful park, the ISFP will simply enjoy the sounds, the view, the sensations, etc. They could stay there for hours relaxing.
The INFP, on the other hand, would prefer thinking about all kind of things, and would not pay much attention to the wind or the birdies (except of course if they're there for that reason).

ISFPs, if they have developped Ni, are not obsessed with the concrete world. They get just as weird as INFJs (which is why the INFJ-ISFP confusion is so common).

Based on my time spent working with a man who tested as an ISFP (as told to me by him), I would say that he had interest in concrete, real-world aesthetics that was more physical than mental. Also, he had an interest in the politics of personal relationships that I didn

Reactions: Gaze