[INFP] INFP vs. INFJ

Alomoes

Community Member
Jan 15, 2015
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
9w1
So. I met a guy. This guy is quite interesting. As a note, I did ask for permission from him to write this.

He has an incredible emotional intelligence. His IQ is around the 160s mark. Mine is 138. So. This guy is INFP/INFj in socionics. He self typed himself as INFJ. I still think he mistyped. He can call others on lying and otherwise tell their feelings just by looking at them. Now, I'm unsure as to what function that would be, but the theory is that it is Fi. Now having Fi in my shadow, I cannot do that so well.

As a note, he still clings to the thought that he is Ni dominant. He's referenced a sort of spatial sense, where he can see the moves in his head. I think this is Ne. This would confirm his INFP/INFjness. Now he is definitely a delta. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Delta_Quadra

Deltas are INFj/INFP, ISTP/ISTj, ESTJ/ESTj, ENFJ/ENFP. I type him as INFj/INFP.

Self id'd as serious and aristocratic. I also see in him very little emotion, which is what I see as Fi. It kind of makes sense. Feelings introverted = you are good at reading people. Next thing. Ni vs ne. He does use Ni. But I see him as using Ne more. When I was playing chess, my focus was quite narrow. He was impressed with my ability to evade checkmate several times though. I lost. I relate this to the Bobby Fischer type thing, where he can see the board in his head. I must emphasize the conceptual ability of this guy. He's told me that he has a list of people each on a piece of paper, and their traits are listed down this.

As a note, his faith in socionics is that of a pseudo science, which is ironic, because that is my view of MBTI. My view of MBTI is that it was a step in the right direction, but socionics is much more accurate and contains more detail. Hrrm. I find this interesting.

I must note, he is slightly arrogant, and very competitive. Because I did better than him on the IQ test (so goes the assumption), he retook it, and he got a 168.

As a note, he could be lying. I have no idea. But he does have a very odd obsession with truth/lying. He is quite emotional when push comes to shove. He told me a story about a time when he snapped. There was this guy. He seems to be a chronic liar. So one day, he called him out on it. They got into a fight, and the liar lost.

He's mostly safe. I think. Well. He does have a bit of a temper. When I told him he was wrong, his temper flared up. Now this surprised me, but also did not surprise me. Nobody likes being wrong. But the magnitude of anger I got was quite high.

Where I would be like yeah, whatever, he had to step out and take a break from the conversation. I'm unsure as to the significance of this except Fi being crossed leads to Fe. If this is true, then when we are crossed, we engage in our shadow. Again, only theories.

Oh, and most important, this is the backbone of my entire theory on Deltas. He doesn't like being typed. Not at all. The assumption is that Deltas don't like being typed and qualified, preferring to remain a mystery. So far, in my days of observing, this has held true among those believed to be Delta. Also doesn't like theories. Next assumption is that he is quite exclusive in his club, seeing as how he's part of the extreme overachiever's group of people. Two types of people, those who fail, and those who don't. I see him as those who don't.

So yeah, any thoughts on this peculiar person? Questions?

Also, do note. He is male. Unsure how this works among females, as my mom is some kind of Fi user, and isn't like this at all. She could be something else though, although she referenced some of the Delta traits (not liking lots of emotion - probably a form sensory overload).

So yeah. I'm done. He somehow knows I'm INFP though. Which I don't think is true. :S

But yeah. I lost at chess to him. Oh well.

He's an INTJ and doesn't realize it. He uses Ni and Fi, you want to see it as Ne because that keeps him as an NF, but he sounds exactly like an INTJ that doesn't handle emotions very well so he thinks that makes him a feeler.

Btw, nothing makes an INTJs temper explode like being told they're wrong or just questioning them to the extent they see you calling them a liar. You'll see their emotions, they have a lot of them but hate using them, hence their volatility.

Thats what I can tell from your description any way. I could be wrong (but I can handle it, don't worry lol).

Reactions: Alomoes
Oh cool. Someone who knows. Thank you. Clears up a huge debate we had on the subject. Also makes too much sense now that I think about it. Still don't understand how he can be so good at reading faces. :S

Especially when I'm not. Also explains his extremely pent up rages he goes into. I've related Te to the blood rage, where you see red.

What would be be if you typed him without using functions?
Just compare E vs I, N vs S, T vs F and J vs P. I personally feel that's a lot less pseudoscientific than the functions.