djarendee

Jul 26, 2012
MBTI
ESTP SLE-Ti
Enneagram
8w7 Sx/So
I made a video. INFP vs INFJ

love it.
[video=youtube;g8AF_eFClXE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8AF_eFClXE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

btw, when I say "they can't accomplish anything, they can only dream" I'm not being absolutist here. They can accomplish all kinds of stuff, and put forth the willpower to do so, I'm just describing a trap they can sometimes find themselves in if they don't get out there and make things happen.

Last edited:
[MENTION=5837]djarendee[/MENTION] Omg it was amazing. I like your function explanations. Make ENFP vs ENFJ please!!

Good work! I enjoyed it!

Could you link to the first part, though? My internet is being really arsey and I can't look through all your videos to find it.

I disagree

INFJ's are doers and have plenty of drive, they are just not always motivated by the same things as others

Reactions: Azazel
As much as I like the way you talk and such I strongly disagree or I'm neither INFJ nor INFP.

Reactions: muir
I do sort of get what he means.

The way he described his process of one thing and stepping-stones is not me. At all.

I can have many ideas, seemingly unrelated. Then they can come together under a single umbrella idea that contains them all as offshoots. Dud ideas are tossed away but the actual practical application of these ideas, knowing what to do in action, is not a strong point of mine. The planning can go on and on and new ideas are either tossed or merged into the 'grand idea'.

Take the Virgin company, for example. They began, and chose that name, because they were new in business. They started a record company, then record shops and eventually airlines, trains, phones, internet and cable TV...all under the Virgin brand name. But to have this umbrella was not the plan all along, it gradually evolved. Sometimes it feels like I need to know the grand idea so that I don't lose sight of the wood for the trees when I get around to implementing my ideas.

I don't know if that makes sense.

The video made sense to me. INFJs are more dreamers than doers. That's not to say that they don't start moving towards fulfilling those dreams. It's more about moving along in the general direction than planning out the individual steps per say. We move more from the general steps to the specific goal and he from the specific steps to the general goal.

"INFJs lack the drive ..." - I disagree. I've met quite a few INFJs who held pretty high military ranks, INFJ doctors and managers, INFJ professors and PhD students. All these people would not be where they are today if they were lacking in motivation and energy. Some INFJs do suffer from apathy, depression, indecision but this doesn't apply to entire type. There are people of other types who suffer from the same and never self-actualize.

However, INFJs are not prone to work just for money and material benefits; they are more likely to work solely for some idea or ideal. This is where they are different from Se types - they just don't have as good of feeling of the flow of material stuffs, and are unlikely to measure their progress in terms of material accomplishments/possessions. For example, when my INFJ aunt divorced her ISTJ husband she basically let him have all the possessions that they have accumulated during their years of marriage. In such matters, when there are disputes over material interests, INFJs could use the help, protection and energy of ISTPs and ESTPs, since INFJs feel drained by this themselves and do not engage in winning over resources that they need.

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb and muir
I can say only one thing: this video doesn't apply to me at all. I also don't give others my ideas and insights anymore, or I do it with great caution for a reason.
Yes, I dream big. Call me a not-doer for wanting to fly to the moon haha

As to will power: any type can have lots or none of it, IMO.

Part one:
[video=youtube;GKnQ3mZqRR8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKnQ3mZqRR8[/video]

Just a clarification: when I talk about INFJ's being more scientific and colder than INFP's, its buried deep down. When I talk about them asking more scientific questions than INFP's, its because I was magnifying the significance of Ti. INFJ's want to learn "what can I do with this person?" while INFP's want to learn, "what has this person done?"

disclaimer: I have lots of INFP friends and they're all wrestlers (probably cuz they like touching other dudes? LOL) and they're pretty tough and badass, yet still sentimental and very emotional with regards to forming a connection. So don't talk to me like I think INFP's are weak or something.

If these videos don't apply to you, I'd look into many of the other common INFJ mistypes: ISFJ, ISFP, INTJ, ISTP, ENTJ. I've made videos on almost all of the mistypes. I'm thinking of posting them all in one thread.

[MENTION=5559]Cornerstone[/MENTION]... linked.

Reactions: Paladin-X
To those of you who think INFJ's lack the willpower to accomplish their goals, do you think it could more more along the lines of, they steamroll their ambitions with their dreams and often get caught not going out there to accomplish them because they're too busy dreaming?

It's because they pop in with their ideas and the insights and the others use it happily, so they end up not doing it because it has been already done by someone else (often a financial issue or what not). I'm just saying what I think. I don't mean that it applies to everyone at all. I only hint at myself mildly.

It's not so much a lack of willpower per say, as it is that I prefer to be a facilitator or an idea man. I will give you the solution to the problem. You fix it so that I can work on solutions to other problems.

It's not so much a lack of willpower per say, as it is that I prefer to be a facilitator or an idea man. I will give you the solution to the problem. You fix it so that I can work on solutions to other problems.

I completely agree. I don't even like thinking about the plan of action the way he did, ( going through his steps that way made me shudder a bit) much less do I want to be the one that has to implement it in an efficient and timely manner. I'm not interested in it, and if I can get away with it I won't do it. haha It's not my favorite thing to do at all, it's definitely not something I'm strong at doing.

I would never describe myself as a doer or driven. I get things done, sure, but I would never use those words to describe myself.

Last edited:
I can say only one thing: this video doesn't apply to me at all. I also don't give others my ideas and insights anymore, or I do it with great caution for a reason.
Yes, I dream big. Call me a not-doer for wanting to fly to the moon haha

As to will power: any type can have lots or none of it, IMO.

This is a complete shot in the dark, but the fact that you have 8 in your enneagram, and an X over the F/T makes me think you're NTJ. Have you ever tried typing yourself in socionics?

For me it's that ominous sense of looking ahead through all those little stepping stones and burying my head in my pillow thinking it's just to difficult. Obstacles overwhelm me. I need external encouragement and someone to suggest "Okay, get out of bed and start here. When you're finished with that we'll go here, then settle this agenda over here. That will have you well on your way out of that hopelessness hole."

Yeah, I have to either have someone kicking my ass with tough love until I am inspired to make a move forward myself to have positive updates for them or someone saying, "C'mon, we'll go together."

Just not a great self motivator. I see impossibilities for myself yet endless possibilities for others. Partially fear of stepping outside my comfort zone and embracing change and error.

What do you think of single parents who are Infj, and must adapt to actually achieving their goals due to the fact that others are dependent on them? They cannot continue to dream, they MUST do, so they do. I believe that people can develop their other functions out of sheer willpower and necessity. Do you? Does this evolve someone from one mbti type to another? Or does this create shadow types? Also feel free to post the answer to my question on your page here as well. Thank you.

Last edited:
To those of you who think INFJ's lack the willpower to accomplish their goals, do you think it could more more along the lines of, they steamroll their ambitions with their dreams and often get caught not going out there to accomplish them because they're too busy dreaming?
It's just that INFJ's dreams tend to be based on idea or ideal. Whereas the world is governed by $$.

Yes. Instincts take over at one point.

However ESTP's are almost pure instinct as it is... so...

Can we move these videos to the "WTF internet" thread?

Seriously, they are the ramblings of a madman! Talk about horrible over generalizations!