[INFJ] - INFJs Who Prefer to Date INFJs | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] INFJs Who Prefer to Date INFJs

Pluto

Jun 21, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Hi everyone!

I was wondering how many of you prefer to date or be in a romantic relationship with another INFJ.

Pluto :)

That would make dating difficult, you're probably right.

As for me, I like dating ENFJs more than I like dating INFJs, but it does depend a lot on the person.

That would make dating difficult, you're probably right.

As for me, I like dating ENFJs more than I like dating INFJs, but it does depend a lot on the person.

It's interesting how many INFJ men really like ENFJ women. My mother is an ENFJ, and we have always been very close. It is an easy, very loving and fulfilling type of relationship.

As an INFJ woman, I usually attract NT men. These guys tend to be CRAZY about us INFJ women. Unfortunately, they tend to have a difficult time understanding our emotions, which makes it quite challenging if you're trying to build a healthy romantic relationship. Although, I have to admit I'm rather turned on by their intellect and sex appeal.

Ultimately if given a choice, I would select an INFJ man.

BTW, I love the Aussie accent.

Hi everyone!

I was wondering how many of you prefer to date or be in a romantic relationship with another INFJ.

I like the thought of dating another INFJ, though I've never known a male of this MBTI type in person. Many guys I know are quite insensitive when it comes to emotions...But with an INFJ, I don't know whether there would be more or less conflict due to the fact that we see things in the same way. The closest I've ever been to someone was with an ISTP, which, at first, I didn't expect at all.

I don't have a specific type preference, but for some reason it makes me weak in the knees when I meet a man that is both practical, sensitive, logical, and in touch with their intuition. Most men I meet of this kind are usually married or taken XD

I like the thought of dating another INFJ, though I've never known a male of this MBTI type in person. Many guys I know are quite insensitive when it comes to emotions...But with an INFJ, I don't know whether there would be more or less conflict due to the fact that we see things in the same way. The closest I've ever been to someone was with an ISTP, which, at first, I didn't expect at all.

Hi NataljaC,

Thanks for participating in my thread.

Like you, I've never met another INFJ man in person. In fact, I've never met another person like myself my entire life. It's only in November 2013, that for the first time I've interacted with an INFJ male who was intellectually my twin soul. I met him on an INFJ forum, and it was quite an intense experience while it lasted. But as always, things went belly up.

I've never been romantically involved with a SP - what were the challenges with that type of temperament?

I don't have a specific type preference, but for some reason it makes me weak in the knees when I meet a man that is both practical, sensitive, logical, and in touch with their intuition. Most men I meet of this kind are usually married or taken XD

Hi Serenity,

A man who is practical, sensitive, logical and in touch with his intuition... humm that sounds a lot like an INFJ man! ;)

Reactions: dudemanbro
It's interesting how many INFJ men really like ENFJ women. My mother is an ENFJ, and we have always been very close. It is an easy, very loving and fulfilling type of relationship.

As an INFJ woman, I usually attract NT men. These guys tend to be CRAZY about us INFJ women. Unfortunately, they tend to have a difficult time understanding our emotions, which makes it quite challenging if you're trying to build a healthy romantic relationship. Although, I have to admit I'm rather turned on by their intellect and sex appeal.

Ultimately if given a choice, I would select an INFJ man.

BTW, I love the Aussie accent.

Aussies don't even hear their own accent unless a city person meets a metropolitan or regional person. I have a great idea - let's make a thread for recording our voices and sharing!

Aussies don't even hear their own accent unless a city person meets a metropolitan or regional person. I have a great idea - let's make a thread for recording our voices and sharing!

I really like this idea - it's true that we usually don't hear our own accent.

I really like this idea - it's true that we usually don't hear our own accent.

We do have a thread on this, let me look for it !:)

Like you, I've never met another INFJ man in person. In fact, I've never met another person like myself my entire life. It's only in November 2013, that for the first time I've interacted with an INFJ male who was intellectually my twin soul. I met him on an INFJ forum, and it was quite an intense experience while it lasted. But as always, things went belly up.

I've never been romantically involved with a SP - what were the challenges with that type of temperament? Pluto :)

I'm sorry to hear that. It must've been a good experience for as long as it lasted though.

The SP was the only guy I've ever dated. He actually won over my trust and we went out for almost two years. We had a complex connection...he was extremely intelligent but didn't take commitment for what it was worth. He was a private individual, not that emotional, but very aware. He wasn't your typical S personality, and had very deep emotions hidden under the treatment of life as a joke. Given, he WAS funny. But it took a year before I ever learned anything important about his life. We were opposites...bound by a similar fate in our pasts.

I'm sorry to hear that. It must've been a good experience for as long as it lasted though.

The SP was the only guy I've ever dated. He actually won over my trust and we went out for almost two years. We had a complex connection...he was extremely intelligent but didn't take commitment for what it was worth. He was a private individual, not that emotional, but very aware. He wasn't your typical S personality, and had very deep emotions hidden under the treatment of life as a joke. Given, he WAS funny. But it took a year before I ever learned anything important about his life. We were opposites...bound by a similar fate in our pasts.

Are you still in contact with this SP former partner? Were you able to remain on good terms after the end of your romantic relationship?

Pluto

Are you still in contact with this SP former partner? Were you able to remain on good terms after the end of your romantic relationship?

Pluto

Does having his number count? :/ We don't talk like we used to.

Does having his number count? :/ We don't talk like we used to.

It counts if the phone number is the correct one and he hasn't blocked your number! ;) I guess it depends who broke up with whom and for what reason.

I've only been romantically involved with a few men in my life, and it was simply IMPOSSIBLE to stay casually connected to them. My experience of dating other personality types is that they are not used to intense, very intimate relationships. They thought that I was the "one" while I thought that there were serious issues in the relationship. Therefore when I broke up with them, they couldn't go back to being "friends".

P. :)

Hello [MENTION=11698]Pluto[/MENTION],

I appreciate that you always greet us with every post you make, and tend to close them with your signature. You are so cultured, and I really like that in a woman!

Comfortably separated by ocean, a buffer of insecurity,
- dudemanbro :D

[redacted]

Last edited:
Hello [MENTION=11698]Pluto[/MENTION],

I appreciate that you always greet us with every post you make, and tend to close them with your signature. You are so cultured, and I really like that in a woman!

Comfortably separated by ocean, a buffer of insecurity,
- dudemanbro :D

Hi D.,

It's very considerate of you to have made this comment!

Although your writing style can sometimes be over the top: i.e., "Comfortably separated by ocean, a buffer of insecurity"

Last edited: