INFJs strong? | INFJ Forum

INFJs strong?

I think the better question is: Is it better to be strong or be flexible?

This applies physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually....

Reactions: invisible
I think the better question is: Is it better to be strong or be flexible?

This applies physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually....

why can't you be both?

Would you regard yourself as someone who is strong (not physical)?

i consider myself very strong, although i sometimes wish i could just be soft and vulnerable. just for a day even.
it's just not the way my life worked out. i am forged by my experiences to a great degree.
because i've been this tough in your face person my whole life no one allows/believes/wants to think that i can be weak or feel unsure or afraid.

Yes, mentally I am very strong, I'm very independant in that I don't really need anybody emotionally, I figure everything out for myself and rarely have I ever had any advice that was helpful. It's funny because I am exceptionally sensitive and physically I look and am extremely thin and fragile.

I consider myself as a strong person. I've stood up in several rough situations while everyone else fell back and cried or just looked the other way.

So where does this strength come from? Resilience included.

I would never think of myself as strong, but my friends told me that I'm someone who "gets high on a challenge".

Honestly I think it comes from my mentality of 'if you're not going to do it, no one will'.

i developed resilience through being constantly knocked down by strong people and having to pick myself up again. haha.

i get high on a challenge too if that is a form of strength. the feeling of achievement, competence, and learning.

It is best to be both strong and flexible.
Bend but do not break.

I am a very strong individual.

Reactions: wmbab1
So where does this strength come from? Resilience included.

I would never think of myself as strong, but my friends told me that I'm someone who "gets high on a challenge".

i guess my strength, or what i consider to be strength anyway, started out as a defense mechanism, then a survival tool, and now it's just part of me.

I'm very strong and not very flexible. I don't really let myself depend on anyone.

I am a top quality Flexi Ruler.

At times I think I'm stronger than most... but I know I'm really fooling myself. Being independent/ always solving your own problems takes a toll...(In other words) If I wasn't so stubborn (in regards to being independent), I'd be much better off.

Last edited:
Yes, mentally I am very strong, I'm very independant in that I don't really need anybody emotionally, I figure everything out for myself and rarely have I ever had any advice that was helpful. It's funny because I am exceptionally sensitive and physically I look and am extremely thin and fragile.

I feel the same way a lot of the time but I'm f@#king tired of being single.

I see INFJs as very resilient, and know they can be very strong when they have the resources. I do not see them as flexible though, unless it's a matter of survival (and even then maybe not), especially when it comes to a lot of things they value. Most of the time it's only annoying for the people that have to deal with them though.

I see INFJs as very resilient, and know they can be very strong when they have the resources. I do not see them as flexible though, unless it's a matter of survival (and even then maybe not), especially when it comes to a lot of things they value. Most of the time it's only annoying for the people that have to deal with them though.

haha, annoying isn't quite the right word. It's more like enraging. I piss people off a lot sometimes with how I argue.

Reactions: grt$5vb
haha, annoying isn't quite the right word. It's more like enraging. I piss people off a lot sometimes with how I argue.

it's okay i guess if you don't mind your friends calling you "selfish", "anal", "difficult", ostracizing you, etc. tho i personally have never argued with an infj except for my one longterm ex. i don't really find it hard to understand that someone thinks strongly of something, unless it oppresses me or directly and unfairly oppresses others that i care about in some way.

Reactions: grt$5vb
it's okay i guess if you don't mind your friends calling you "selfish", "anal", "difficult", ostracizing you, etc. tho i personally have never argued with an infj except for my one longterm ex. i don't really find it hard to understand that someone thinks strongly of something, unless it oppresses me or directly and unfairly oppresses others that i care about in some way.

People get mad at me for my disregard for others opinions at points. I'm not always like that but I am sometimes but there are times when I know I'm right, which can be frustrating.

Reactions: endersgone