[INFJ] - infjs,intjs and ego death | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] infjs,intjs and ego death

chad

Regular Poster
Feb 4, 2015
MBTI
infp
i read somewere that ni doms are very capable of seeing through the ego because ni is so subconsious.but my question to you infjs and intjs,how do you see the ego,in the spiritual sense,?,most eastern philosophies say that the ego is an illusion and the goal is to drop it or to see through it,as infjs and intjs whats your view on this and the ego?

i read somewere that ni doms are very capable of seeing through the ego because ni is so subconsious.but my question to you infjs and intjs,how do you see the ego,in the spiritual sense,?,most eastern philosophies say that the ego is an illusion and the goal is to drop it or to see through it,as infjs and intjs whats your view on this and the ego?
ENTJs have Ni too!

The ego has to be satisfied.

Last edited:
Hey @chad ...PM me if you want to talk in depth about this.
Not something I wish to reiterate and discuss openly for my own reasons.
;)

i-jpg.44849

What's in an ego?

Creating an alliance with one's ego lessens anxiety, increases confidence and causes one's EQ, (not IQ), to rise.

It's my belief that ego death for an INFJ is relatively painless because we don't like feeling out of balance...but that comes with personal mental development. But, for an under-developed or immature INFJ...they could sit in that battle for a lifetime.

Well...I can include you in the PM if you like?
Not that I have gotten one yet...

I have my reasons...mostly concerning not getting too deep into how I achieved it several times.
I mention it from time to time, but it’s quite another thing to go into detailed depth publicly about certain substances.
;)

Last edited:
Well...I can include you in the PM if you like?
Not that I have gotten one yet...

I have my reasons...mostly concerning not getting too deep into how I achieved it several times.
I mention it from time to time, but it’s quite another thing to go into detailed depth publicly about certain substances.

I know you've mentioned it from time to time and that there is another thread on this. As someone who struggles with opening up, I hoped you weren't feeling that way. I'm always open to your ideas and listening to your thoughts, especially on deep subjects like this.

I know you've mentioned it from time to time and that there is another thread on this. As someone who struggles with opening up, I hoped you weren't feeling that way. I'm always open to your ideas and listening to your thoughts, especially on deep subjects like this.

PMing you.

how do you see the ego, in the spiritual sense

There is definitely a distinction between consciousness and one's self-concept—if that is what is meant by ego. And I think anybody who has tried meditation will have experienced the sense of observing their thoughts in a way that suggests that we are not the same as those thoughts. There's an argument in Jean-Paul Sartre's The Transcendence of the Ego that helped clarify my thoughts on the subject, in which he addresses the problem of egoism as a philosophy: 'According to them, the love of the self—and consequently the me—lies concealed in all emotions in a thousand different forms. In a very general way, the me, as a function of this love that it bears for itself, would desire for itself all the objects it desires. The essential structure of each of my acts would be a reference to myself. The "return to me" would be constitutive of all consciousnesses.' The problem, Sartre contends, is that this thinking confuses, 'the essential structure of reflective acts with the essential structure of unreflected acts.' He illustrates this point in his typical novelist way, 'I pity Peter, and I go to his assistance. For my consciousness only one thing exists at that moment: Peter-having-to-be-helped. This quality of "having-to-be-helped" lies in Peter. It acts on me like a force. Aristotle said it: the desirable is that which moves the desiring.'

People forget that ENTJs have Ni.

I don't think anyone's forgotten that, but as your auxiliary function you're going to find yourself using it in a different manner than an Ni-dom. Ni will serve your Te - so your first priority will be (Te) setting measurable goals, outlining and defining strategies and seeking useful, efficient tools to achieve your aims. (Ni) will aid these processes by envisioning single "best" paths to aim toward and identifying intuitive connections in the process data. Obviously useful, but not in the same manner as an Ni-dom.

I don't think anyone's forgotten that, but as your auxiliary function you're going to find yourself using it in a different manner than an Ni-dom. Ni will serve your Te - so your first priority will be (Te) setting measurable goals, outlining and defining strategies and seeking useful, efficient tools to achieve your aims. (Ni) will aid these processes by envisioning single "best" paths to aim toward and identifying intuitive connections in the process data. Obviously useful, but not in the same manner as an Ni-dom.
Fair point.

People forget that ENTJs have Ni.

People forget their own dominant function because it's so natural. The secondary one is generally at the top of mind.
You probably don't even think about Te, it's just second nature. And it probably frustrates you a lot when people are shit at it.

Define ego since the word ’ego’ means different things for different people. And as you start to define it, show the evidence that there is a such ”thing” as ego. Once your attention is there, analyzing and observing that which you call ego, turn the attention to that which is aware of attention itself. Now tell me, where is this sense of I that observes the attention, the thoughts and that which you called ego?

Welcome to emptiness, your only true friend which is and yet not, which sees but can not be seen and yet it is the only non-thing that ”you” have ever been, are and will be in this ever-present moment of continuous Now.

Welcome to emptiness, your only true friend which is and yet not, which sees but can not be seen and yet it is the only non-thing that ”you” have ever been, are and will be in this ever-present moment of continuous Now.

Pretty sure other people exist, they're doin' all kinds of crazy shit all the time

Reactions: Skarekrow
Yes as physical beings but that part which most people identify as their ”self” is a mental fabrication, witnessed by that which is the innate nature of all sentient beings. It is translated as emptiness but the words itself describes that which is pointed out very poorly.

It is more like spaciousness permeated with awareness. That spaciousness is like sky and thoughts like clouds which emerge from and dissolves into it. Awareness is sky-like, creating the empty foundation of spaciousness and yet every thought that is observed emerges from awareness and dissolves into it without leaving any traces behind them. Awareness ceases never to be. Despite there being absolutely nothing, something remains aware of that nothingness. All that appears, appears in awareness whether with or without attention.

If one recognizes that which permeates our minds, one can withdraw all attention towards it which leads to succesive absorption until all that which we observe as external, dissolves and only pure empty cognitive awareness remains.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal
Yes as phycical beings but that part which most people identify as their ”self” is a mental fabrication is witnessed by that which the innate nature of all sentient beings. It is translated as emptiness but it describes that which is pointed out very poorly.

It is more like spaciousness permeated with awareness. That spaciousness is like sky and thoughts like clouds which emerge from and dissolves into it. Awareness is sky-like, creating the empty foundation of spaciousness and yet every thought that is observed emerges from awareness and dissolves into it without leaving any traces behind them. Awareness ceases never to be. Despite there being absolutely nothing, something remains aware of that nothingness. All that appears, appears in awareness whether with or without attention.

If one recognizes that which permeates our minds, one withdraw all attention towards it which leads to succesive absorption until all that which we observe as external, dissolves and only pure empty cognitive awareness remains.

Oh ok man, Good luck with that.

giphy.gif

Reactions: JennyDaniella