INFJ'S In the military | INFJ Forum

INFJ'S In the military

firefighter-frankie

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 18, 2011
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
is there any infjs that are or active or non active military members?

Reactions: endersgone
i once read about an INFJ guy in the army. I personally think that an INFJ would be a perfect soldier!

My daughter is INFP and is in the army (artillary).

Personally, I was way too much a peacenik leftist when I was of military age. When 9-11 happened and I wanted to enlist, I was just too dang old. LOL

In every martial tradition I've ever studied, there has always been an understanding that violence is the last resort. A good fighter or soldier is not the one who is violent and impulsive, nor the one who pales in fear at pain and destruction, but rather the person with a good moral compass, who clearly sees what must be done and does it for the greater good.

Reactions: endersgone
I knew some INFJs INTPs and they had the worst time. If you can accept shitty and seemingly pointless rules that you cannot change then you will be a good fit. Also if you can live with 100 people in a big tent where you are never guaranteed time to not be bothered you may do okay.

I was told not to join. This was coming from a rather easy-going guy who served about 7 years. I had a tendency to "ask too many questions" and "question too many answers",

Reactions: Trifoilum
I was in the Coast Guard in 2000....found a way out based on my contract in 8 months....lol.

Reactions: knight in battle
ive been working as a firefighter for about 4 years now im a wildland firefighter and ive been thinking alot about the airforce i feel like i could do more with my life then i am now.if i get into the airforce i want to either be a pararescue or firefighter

ENFP HEAVEN. -squee-

If that is true, it is odd to me that there would be so many xSTJs in the military, also that the xSTJs would create a world like that to live in.

ive been working as a firefighter for about 4 years now im a wildland firefighter and ive been thinking alot about the airforce i feel like i could do more with my life then i am now.if i get into the airforce i want to either be a pararescue or firefighter

Airforce is probably the best place for an INFJ imo.

I (used to be) a certified wildland firefighter too for a couple of years. Out in the rural desert, you kind of needed to be! I was still warned against the military though. My biggest comment for anyone I'd talk to that was all "gung-ho" about the military was, "But aren't you still helping to kill people?"

As a firefighter, your primary goal is saving people. In the military, even if you're a chaplain, you're still aiding in the killing of people.

I (used to be) a certified wildland firefighter too for a couple of years. Out in the rural desert, you kind of needed to be! I was still warned against the military though. My biggest comment for anyone I'd talk to that was all "gung-ho" about the military was, "But aren't you still helping to kill people?"

As a firefighter, your primary goal is saving people. In the military, even if you're a chaplain, you're still aiding in the killing of people.

Even as a tax payer you are aiding in killing people.

Even as a tax payer you are aiding in killing people.

But a person can choose whether or not to serve in the military. You can't choose whether or not to pay taxes... without jail time anyhow.

Reactions: the
currently in the military. not exactly having the best time here.. have no choice though. cant wait to get out next year..

But a person can choose whether or not to serve in the military. You can't choose whether or not to pay taxes... without jail time anyhow.
Leave the country!

The US government demands income taxes from US citizens no matter where in the world they live or work.

The US government demands income taxes from US citizens no matter where in the world they live or work.

Not true.

When I worked overseas I didnt have to pay any taxes to the US.

Only if they're paying income taxes in the foreign country that's less than US tax rates. Then they are required to pay the difference. I think. I'M NOT SURE, DON'T RELY ON THIS AS TAX ADVICE AND SUE ME AFTER.

currently in the military. not exactly having the best time here.. have no choice though. cant wait to get out next year..
Sounds like an expected scenario. It seems comparable to any situation where people have to bide their time and can't wait to get out of it.
How do you manage? Is there anything that cheers you up in the routine?