[INFJ] - infj's have you ever fainted? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] infj's have you ever fainted?

Yes - I have a mild case of hypotension (low blood pressure) and prone to dizziness/fainting. If I'm lying down in bed, I've been told to wiggle my toes (which I always forget to do) and then sit on the edge of the bed (I always remember to do this) and then to slowly stand up and walk. I once hit my head on the toilet seat and passed out - I got out of bed too quickly! Learnt my lesson.

What made you ask?

I fainted the first time @Milktoast Bandit liked one of my posts. To be blessed by such greatness is probably one of the highlights of my life.

On a more serious note. Since the death of my mother I seem to take anxiety kicks at random, one such kick was a faint. Luckily, I crash landed on my sofa, I had the sneaky feeling I was going to drop.

I think most people experience it at one point in their life.

That is the closest I've ever come to fainting...
tumblr_oblo0lQxgg1tkikvco1_500.gif

Oh I'm not surprised in the slightest, especially with that bone structure.

No.
Once I was punched in the back of the head (by a predatory Nazi who was attacking women at a show) where my neck connects to my skull (which can kill a person) and I collapsed. I felt tingling, then numbness climb up my arms, and my arms stopped working, then the same happened to my legs and I fell. I think I maintained consciousness, but I couldn't move. Two strangers picked me up and by the time they got me on my feet I could stand again.

Quite a few times, yes, now that I think about it. I blacked out once for a sec when I stood up too fast. I passed out after 3 seperate innoculations, I think. Nearly passed out when I was tested for allergies. Was positive for almost everything. From then on it was blood tests only.

And I was close to from the pain of a ligament rupture near my right ankle joint. I was late for the train, had my new high-heeled boots on, and stumbled at running speed, obviously -- twisted my ankle. So stupid. Luckily, I was close to home and some American students helped me to my front door. Somehow I was very proud of my English that day, although it's kind of my second nature. After that, I was never late again.

Oh no! That sounds so painful! :( I hope it healed quickly.

Four weeks in a bandage with plastic braces on the sides. After that, I was supposed to normally put weight on it again. With the bandage it wasn't painful, though I had these cooling (anti-pain-?)patches, they probably had something to do with it. I think there's some scarring. If I stretch that muscle for too long it cramps up a little. Happens when a 5kg cat desperately wants to sleep on your lap when you are lounging comfortably on the couch. :kissingcat: (The things we do for love...)

@Ginny - oh no! Ow, ow! :( It sounds so painful.
Yes, I we do those things for love. I have chronic joint pain and let my dogs and cats sleep on top of me, too. Haha.

Not because I was emotional. I read that women used to faint often not because of fickleness, but because of corsets being set too tightly.

The only time I felt faint was when I worked out too much after not eating much before. I felt dizzy.

Reactions: Misty
No.
Once I was punched in the back of the head (by a predatory Nazi who was attacking women at a show) where my neck connects to my skull (which can kill a person) and I collapsed. I felt tingling, then numbness climb up my arms, and my arms stopped working, then the same happened to my legs and I fell. I think I maintained consciousness, but I couldn't move. Two strangers picked me up and by the time they got me on my feet I could stand again.

How awful.

Yes, I have fainted several times. For awhile, about 7+years ago it was happening quite frequently. It turns out that I had developed sensitivities to a few different foods etc. I had a reaction to lobster. That was the first time. Then I discovered that wine was making me ill, even in small amounts. Also some Food additives were making me feel ill. It took me about two years to get totally on top of the situation by eliminating foods from my diet. What exacerbated the situation was that I also had low blood pressure. After awhile, I got to know when I was beginning to have symptoms and could ask someone, usually my wife to stay close to me because I was having another spell. Usually I would slump to the floor. Once I banged my head on a door jam late at night. It's scary. I have known people that have fainted and hit their head and their lives have never been the same. They suffered minor brain injuries, but it's been enough that they can't go back to work and also suffer from depression. Some of my fainting events happened when I was travelling in warmer climates, and part of the problem was that I would get dehydrated more quickly because of the heat. Someone told me about electrolytic salts. I started taking these as a preventative measure and soon the fainting spells didn't happen anymore. The last time was about 6 years ago.

Hmm.

I fainted when a guy approached me from behind late at night -- I had earbuds on...who sneaks up like that? I turned around, and he was less than an arm's length away.

I crumpled and hit the pavement. All was black.

Of course, my fainting experience may vastly differ from an INFJ's.

Not yet....

Saving that one for the first time I see a real mortgage document. :p

Reactions: Misty