INFJs and taking their time | INFJ Forum

INFJs and taking their time

rangrang88

Jun 8, 2016
MBTI
INFP
wondering why INFJs need time to answer / reply to texts, emails? i read that you need to give them time to process their thoughts

We enjoy giving things a proper amount of consideration. We see people all too often jumping the gun on things only to have it quickly deteriorate, so we try to sit with things until our mind feels right about taking action. We consider as many angles of a situation as is reasonably possible at all times.

yeah, i am finally getting the actions of my ex bf. thought he was rejecting me etc....but he's just a classic INFJ lol

now, i understand when he takes his time to reply or give an answer. i even understand if he doesn't even reply at all (gosh, wish i had this awareness when we were together) it would have been so much easier without me having an anxiety or getting angry at him. thought he was just being an a**hole.

is this the dynamic between infj and infp? (long story short, but i had a huge transformation after this relationship) i think i was an enfp before, but once i started to go within, i am more introverted these days.

We enjoy giving things a proper amount of consideration. We see people all too often jumping the gun on things only to have it quickly deteriorate, so we try to sit with things until our mind feels right about taking action. We consider as many angles of a situation as is reasonably possible at all times.

True. It can be exhausting though.

is this the dynamic between infj and infp? (long story short, but i had a huge transformation after this relationship) i think i was an enfp before, but once i started to go within, i am more introverted these days.

With what little information you have given me it sounds more like infj-enfp troubles. infjs are long term planners and enfps are more spontaneous in their thought processes and actions. The difference between enfp and infp is more subtle than most people probably think however. I think it usually comes down to whether you are more about generating ideas or for standing up for your principles.

Whether or not type actually changes is a topic of very heated debate. Personally, I believe it does not once you reach a certain age of maturity and even then it is more just the fact that your actual type is difficult to ascertain due to the growth process itself.

Maybe you were always infp, or maybe you have always been enfp and are now experiencing a period of stress or change in your life. This part I cannot say with any level of certainty without knowing you more intimately.

With what little information you have given me it sounds more like infj-enfp troubles. infjs are long term planners and enfps are more spontaneous in their thought processes and actions. The difference between enfp and infp is more subtle than most people probably think however. I think it usually comes down to whether you are more about generating ideas or for standing up for your principles.

Whether or not type actually changes is a topic of very heated debate. Personally, I believe it does not once you reach a certain age of maturity and even then it is more just the fact that your actual type is difficult to ascertain due to the growth process itself.

Maybe you were always infp, or maybe you have always been enfp and are now experiencing a period of stress or change in your life. This part I cannot say with any level of certainty without knowing you more intimately.

you pretty much intuit the situation very well.

thanks for the insights.

[MENTION=251]Wyote[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14664]dang[/MENTION] covered what I would have said.

I just want to add:
Enfps are extroverts with introverted tendencies. This is a good page about it that an ENFP friend and I discussed recently:
http://personalityjunkie.com/enfp/

I've been pondering on whether or not to ask a certain ex co worker out for about... 6 months, at least.

that's quiet the stretch. :eek: what's taking you so long?

Hey, Taggart ...

[video=youtube;e1igbdaDhq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1igbdaDhq4[/video]

I often will be mistaken for an enfp. The dynamic between in infj and an infp is pretty awesome, actually. We infp's need to just keep in mind that an infj would never intentionally slight you, and we also need to remember that we often take things way too personally and can be a little needy with our emotions and our need to feel validated. Try to look at things through their eyes and always, always, always give an infj the time and space to process.

Last edited:
that's quiet the stretch. :eek: what's taking you so long?

Personal ambition is taking over my life for all the right reasons. I want to connect with a woman, to engage, to potentially invest in her to begin a journey of shared personal growth, but I'm also afraid that another person to cater to emotionally and physically (being attentive, spending time with) will disrupt my focus. I'm dead set on about a dozen different goals, and I typically drop everything for my loved ones. Women don't easily grab my attention, no matter how attractive. With her, the doubt stems from a few personal hills she is trying to overcome in life, and I haven't seen her in a while so I don't know if she has gone back to her old ways or if she has become strong enough to persevere.

Maybe I'll hit her up soon. I'd like to be friends with her first. Dating is just not in the cards for me at the moment, and I've accepted that. However, the right person will make sense to me when the universe intends to allow the situation to unfold.

this is highly interesting to me. as an enfp i tend to be very immediate and emotional in my responses. i guess this is one of those things where we differ :)