[INFJ] - infj's and spiritual experinces | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] infj's and spiritual experinces

chad

Regular Poster
Feb 4, 2015
MBTI
infp
ok to all you infjs how spiritual are you guys like do you ever feel connected to the universal consiousness..
and how do you guys experince emotions?
and what kind of experinces do you have when you walking in nature and see something beautiful...like i would often get a rush of emotion and have a kind of spiritual esctasy when i see something beautiful what do you guys experince if you see something beatiful what kind of spiritual experinces do you have?
i read about this one infj called swami vivekananda
At the age of fifteen he experienced his first spiritual ecstasy. The family was journeying to Raipur in the Central Provinces, and part of the trip had to be made in a bullock cart. On that particular day the air was crisp and clear; the trees and creepers were covered with green leaves and many-coloured blossoms; birds of brilliant plumage warbled in the woods. The cart was moving along a narrow pass where the lofty peaks rising on the two sides almost touched each other. Narendra's eyes spied a large bee-hive in the cleft of a giant cliff, and suddenly his mind was filled with awe and reverence for the Divine Providence. He lost outer consciousness and lay thus in the cart for a long time. Even after returning to the sense-perceived world he radiated joy...
that was a qoute from his biography so do you guys experince anything like this?maby in a smaller degree,or anything?emotion,swooning?a change in consiousness?
i know some people even faint when they see a beautiful scene so overwhelmed they get,so how do you infjs feel when you see a beautiful scene?

Last edited:
I have sometimes experienced a sense of oneness or wonder when I am consuming certain artistic products or being creative. I do experience a sense of being part of the natural world and of enjoying it, but that isn't a mystical experience for me. But I can say that yes, part of my experience of life is an experience of mysticism, and not necessarily only artistic.

I definitely often feel a spiritual connection when out in nature. I grew up christian and even though I don't particularly like the way churches function, I do believe in the christian doctrine and values. I think we all are influenced by a spiritual world we can't see. When I'm out in nature, I often feel a deep longing to be connected to God and imagine what it would be like to be. To feel completely whole, safe, and okay no matter what. I love water, particularly the ocean or large lakes. It makes me think of the vastness of God and how we can't comprehend how big He is, His presence. Just like we can't see where the ocean begins or ends, that's like His presence on the earth.
Beyond nature I've had spiritual dreams that were very powerful for me.

I didn't start out spiritual by any means, but inadvertently went on an inward journey, broke down, surrendered, died (not physically) encountered/experienced God, union, oneness, love, peace, and was "reborn" a spiritual (hu)man. (Though I don't always act like it) While attempting to make sense of it all I found myself navigating eastern religions/philosophies some more deeply than others and eventually found myself standing at Orthodox Christianity's door. I experience a wide range of emotions, some more deep than others. I am thankful that I can experience all that I do, especially great joy, peace, love and relatively tragic heartache and struggle (keeps me small) Fin.

Reactions: Scientia
I love being in outdoors in nature, but I think it's only at night under the stars at night that I really experience a more spiritual side of myself. When I've been camping away from the masses and light pollution, you can see such a wide beautiful night sky. I think the serenity you can feel there is truly wonderful. I love to see the moonlit expanses, and feel the incredible gentle power of nature. Nature can be harsh, but even there it still possess a keen raw beauty. I think when we step back into it, even for just a short time we feel the benefits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlelissa
ok to all you infjs how spiritual are you guys like do you ever feel connected to the universal consiousness..
and how do you guys experince emotions?
and what kind of experinces do you have when you walking in nature and see something beautiful...like i would often get a rush of emotion and have a kind of spiritual esctasy when i see something beautiful what do you guys experince if you see something beatiful what kind of spiritual experinces do you have?
i read about this one infj called swami vivekananda
At the age of fifteen he experienced his first spiritual ecstasy. The family was journeying to Raipur in the Central Provinces, and part of the trip had to be made in a bullock cart. On that particular day the air was crisp and clear; the trees and creepers were covered with green leaves and many-coloured blossoms; birds of brilliant plumage warbled in the woods. The cart was moving along a narrow pass where the lofty peaks rising on the two sides almost touched each other. Narendra's eyes spied a large bee-hive in the cleft of a giant cliff, and suddenly his mind was filled with awe and reverence for the Divine Providence. He lost outer consciousness and lay thus in the cart for a long time. Even after returning to the sense-perceived world he radiated joy...
that was a qoute from his biography so do you guys experince anything like this?maby in a smaller degree,or anything?emotion,swooning?a change in consiousness?
i know some people even faint when they see a beautiful scene so overwhelmed they get,so how do you infjs feel when you see a beautiful scene?

I often feel overwhelmed by my sense of Universal Consciousness. When I read about suffering, I feel immense pain as if it is happening to me. This makes it incredibly difficult to live. I have incredibly vivid dreams and I'm usually able to decipher them. My intuition is typically spot on (when I'm not allowing my emotions to get in the way). I am afraid of the dark - especially if there is a mirror. I sense energies around me. I can see pain, and sometimes I see glitches in our reality (i.e. a glimpse of a person, object or sound which gives me insight into a certain issue).

I would argue that spiritual connection has nothing to do with personality type. I mean, we are all humans capable of amazing things. Some of us are more in tune (even if we don't want to be). However, intuition is just our subconscious database. The more open we are to connection with the subconscious the more spiritual we can become.

I tend to believe that everyone is on the same page spiritually - there are just variations of their experience depending on where they are in their life journey.

Each person is a reflection of their own inner truth - simple as that.

Reactions: Littlelissa and acd
Here's my tuppence worth!

I was raised Roman Catholic, whether I wanted it or not. I found the idea of Jesus, of a trinity, of the infinite victory of good over evil absolutely fascinating.

It stayed with me for years, it raised more and more questions, the usual questions they tell you that only faith and steadfast religious discipline can deliver.

They don't. The more you mature, the more questions you have. I drifted from religion to spirituality, as it made more sense to me. I saw organised religion for what it truly is (but that's a whole other topic!).

I would say it was my early 30's when the feeling of universal consciousness struck a chord and resonated so strongly with me. It made sense, it answered me without using words. Yes, being out in nature can and will provide these moments of awe and appreciation, but I can also feel it in the most mundane circumstances.

I gravitated towards Eastern philosophies, they had little snippets of corroboration for me. Confirmation that someone else at some time, knew how I felt and had the good grace to put it into meaningful words.

But the further I researched the less it resonated with me. So I backed off and just let my train of thought continue, allowing my intuition to reach out and bring what felt right to me. It worked and still works so much better for me.

If I am tuned, really "tuned" into whatever energy it is that surrounds and compliments us - then it feels awesome, in the true sense of the word. Awesome.

In these moments, I am reassured that all my self-doubt, all my uncertainty, all my insecurities are meaningless. I am wasting energy. As I mature, it gets easier to "listen" and waste less energy. I still do but it gets easier to have an awareness of when.

As for mystical experiences, only yourself can feel that and truly appreciate that. One persons mystical experience can be another's religious experience. I wouldn't knock anybody for saying they had either. In my own personal experiences, I've had moments that have been more than coincidence, unexplainable even, unless you experienced it yourself. This being in the real world and recently the dream world also.

My belief is that as time is passing, I am fine tuning myself to connect deeper with something, an energy, something that our spirits remember but our humanity does not.

My current research has drawn me towards Carl G. Jung. This gentleman is constantly striking my chords and succinctly explaining what it is I feel. It's not that I want to believe what he says, it's that I too already "felt" it.
Synchronicity exists for me.

I suppose, to summarise... I got deeper meaning and revelation, the less literal I took religions and faiths. The more I surrendered to the "energy" or "God" or whatever it is you care to call it, the more I felt it, the more it proved its existence to me.

Reactions: Littlelissa and acd