[Film Club] - INFJf Film Club - Week 5 - Film: Scarface (1932) | INFJ Forum

[Film Club] INFJf Film Club - Week 5 - Film: Scarface (1932)

SarahBS

Permanent Fixture
Apr 10, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
It's time for another week of great movies! If you're new to the club, don't worry, there's no official fee. Yet. Just watch the movie(s) and contribute to the discussion!
(ezra)

This is the club history:

Week 0: Introduction - The Beginning of Cinema
Week 1: The Birth of a Nation (1915)
Week 2: Battleship Potemkin (1925)
Week 3 -City Lights (1931)
Week 4- The Kid (1921)

Part II: BRING IN THE TALKIES - THE SOUND ERA (from late 1920s)

A: The Golden Age of Hollywood

Week 5: The American Gangster of the 30s
Film: Scarface (1932),

(yaaaaaaaaay - people are gonna talk in movies from now on :D)

This week we will be watching Scarface by Howard Hawks, Richard Rosson
Scarface (1932)
| 93 min | Action, Crime, Drama | 9 April 1932 (USA)

Ratings: 7.8/10 from 18,557 users
Reviews: 277 user | 64 critic

An ambitious and near insanely violent gangster climbs the ladder of success in the mob, but his weaknesses prove to be his downfall.

Directors: Howard Hawks, Richard Rosson
Writers: Armitage Trail (novel), Ben Hecht (screen story), 8 more credits »
Stars: Paul Muni, Ann Dvorak, Karen Morley

[MENTION=13909]Satori[/MENTION] [MENTION=5601]ezra[/MENTION] [MENTION=1669]Gist[/MENTION] [MENTION=14213]somerandomISTJguy[/MENTION] [MENTION=14193]camomile[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Reactions: seira0807
This might sound a bit strange to you but I have a superstition about an artist, every time he's mentioned I know I'm on bad ground and I get out. Then I enjoy his music to myself. He's like my black cat, my scorpio black cat. I don't have superstition around anything else, just this. I thought I'd leave this in this thread as it's got friendly people who look in on it. His songs are very sad. So you won't hear from me for a while. Strange, I know.
*edit* What's weirder is I just saw him sitting with a cat in a picture after logging off and the next thing I browsed.

Last edited:
Hi guys
what happened to this thread and the film club?
@Satori @ezra and some other people I dont remember their usernames.

Some films are hard to get a hold of, especially now that the EU declared grey-area streaming illegal.

May I suggest, not being very versed in film history, that there is an open discussion about what to watch next? From the set up of this thread it looks like you have done most of the work, expecting the others to contribute, but they expected you to organise everything further, believing you had it all planned out already.

Reactions: Gaze
Hi @Ginny
@Satori really did the most to start the club, but I don't know why we stopped it after 5 movies,
After two years, though, I wanna start again.

So who's ready?
@Ginny are you? ^^

Greeting from Iran to your country where I really wanna be in this time next year <3

Reactions: Wyote and Gaze
Gotta work on my BA, sry. I guess in a month I should have time to put thought to other films.

That is, if I do it, I want to be committed to it. You know?

This week should be Blade Runner cuz I just watched it again for the sixth or seventh time in my life.
2049 is gonna be awesome. Get hyped!

Reactions: SarahBS
This week should be Blade Runner cuz I just watched it again for the sixth or seventh time in my life.
2049 is gonna be awesome. Get hyped!

I never saw it, probably too young (and not my mum's style), I'd love to.

But not this week, damn. I still have two weeks for my BA thesis, and I still have a whole chapter to write and afterwards I have to have it bound before I can hand it in.

Reactions: Wyote