[INFJ] - infj vs intj? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] infj vs intj?

chad

Regular Poster
Feb 4, 2015
MBTI
infp
ok so infjs and intjs are the hardest types for me to understand.because even tho infjs have auxilary fe they also have tertiary ti and even tho intjs have auxilary te they also have tertiary fi?,so an infj can be intellectual and cold and logical while an intj can be emotional warm and artistic?,doesnt theres things cancell each other out,meaning intjs and infjs are the same type? what are the actual difference between infj and intj?,how are infjs more on the emotional side and intjs on the logical side,and out of the two which type would be more holistic and abstract as in,seeing the whole bigger than the sums of its parts,or seeing things as a whole instead of breaking it up into little peaces?

Reactions: James and Free
ok so infjs and intjs are the hardest types for me to understand.because even tho infjs have auxilary fe they also have tertiary ti and even tho intjs have auxilary te they also have tertiary fi?,so an infj can be intellectual and cold and logical while an intj can be emotional warm and artistic?

It's important to note first of all that every mentally healthy human being, regardless of type, exhibits both a Thinking and Feeling function. The introverted or extroverted nature of said functions, along with the degree to which they favor their cognitive preference, helps determine their values, principles, communication style and decision criteria.

My view:

For an INTJ, Fi affords them the conviction to hold fast to their ideas and theories, even when everyone around them scoffs. It helps segregate them from outside emotional influences that can cloud their decision making processes. And yes, it probably makes them a bit stubborn. :grin:

For INFJs, Ti provides an internal logical framework that supports their intuitive process and keeps their thoughts and ideas driving forward to conclusion.

doesnt theres things cancell each other out,meaning intjs and infjs are the same type? what are the actual difference between infj and intj?

Not at all. The inward or outward direction of the Judging functions (theoretically) makes a huge difference in personality and approach. The one thing the two types will always have in common (and in fact, is the most telling sign of an Ni dominant) is the forward-looking focus on a relatively small subset of goals or outcomes (Ni being a function that filters and reduces). In short, they are driven to plan for what comes next and are singularly skilled at seeing potential outcomes clearly, as opposed to reminiscing about what happened before or being content to live in the moment.

how are infjs more on the emotional side and intjs on the logical side,and out of the two which type would be more holistic and abstract as in,seeing the whole bigger than the sums of its parts,or seeing things as a whole instead of breaking it up into little peaces?

Again theoretically, both would be equally skilled at seeing the big picture. The Te/Fe difference (as the highest judging function) will likely determine where their intuitive insights, plans, strategies etc. are focused (i.e. on things or on people; for practical purpose or for collective harmony).

Last edited:
I think the easiest way to differentiate them is how they make decision. INFJ will consider how the decision affect people and people's feelings. INTJ will just consider the facts,