INFJ that went ESTP | INFJ Forum

INFJ that went ESTP

khaos1987

Two
Feb 8, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
I have been really wondering why myself(INFJ) became an ESTP for a night. I suffered a huge anxiety attack for 4 hours then hanged out with a friend and became a ESTP. And during that attack I wanted to run away from my emotions but I knew they wouldn't leave me. I was about to say inside screw the world I hate you all. That isn't very INFJ like. I was in random chaos mode. But really over stepped another's boudraires didn't know that at the time. I apologized profusely to my friend. Still have huge knots in my tummy. I probably won't let this go for years in my mind. Just really screwed up that night. Friend is an ENFP. Really worried I ruined our friendship. :( please help me understand. And what an ENFP would do too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turning ESTP is your shadow side. Research it; so much info on this on the forums. Do the work to find out if you really want to know instead of waiting for quick answers.

People under stress will act the opposite of their type aka the shadow function. I know a stressed ESTP that stayed couped up in the house; INFJ.

Don't worry, ENFP's are very forgiving. Plus they have awful memories so I think you'll be fine :p

Shadowing indeed.

First of all, hugs. If this reaches that point then you most likely have suffered for a while. Am sorry if that is true, and I hope things will get better soon.

Next, shadowing.

Look around here and other forums. Find out what people (me included) said about this. Notice your triggers.

You might not be able to undo the past, but you can help the present and prevent the future from screwing up.

Your friend.....god, I am sorry. I can see that whatever the act, it would have been pretty severe.

When you are better (and yes, you must recover first), go meet the ENFP. Apologize again. Ask what can you do to fix the damage. Ask what can you do to not hurt them again.

Learn your triggers; learn your stress patterns too. These are the quick fixes.