INFJ or INTJ?

Sep 23, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5/1w2 so/sp
I honestly cannot tell which one I am.

For example:

- I've taken many MBTI tests, and they always give me either INTJ or INFJ with relatively weak scores in the T/F axis.
- When reading descriptions of both types, I feel like both fit me fairly well.
- When reading descriptions of Te and Fe, I feel like both apply to me (even though that isn't supposed to be possible).
- I've read threads on the subject in almost every MBTI-related forum, and none of them seem to help.

What are some questions you all could ask me that could help narrow it down?

When you get into a debate with someone, do you default to pulling out hard facts or do you work to build a case by connecting ideas?

When someone is down, are you better at really imagining yourself in their situation or do you focus more on cheering them up and inspiring them?

When you think about the future and the direction things are going, do you think more about logistics or the people involved?

When deciding whether to adapt a new approach, do you focus more on roles or efficiency?

When you get into a debate with someone, do you default to pulling out hard facts or do you work to build a case by connecting ideas?

When someone is down, are you better at really imagining yourself in their situation or do you focus more on cheering them up and inspiring them?

When you think about the future and the direction things are going, do you think more about logistics or the people involved?

When deciding whether to adapt a new approach, do you focus more on roles or efficiency?

When I debate, I see it as an opportunity to understand others' ideas better and see how people feel about an issue. I generally don't use facts in debating. I prefer to ask the other side questions instead of trying to prove a point that I have.

I have a difficult time imagining myself in others' situations, so I would say cheering them up.

When I envision the future (in general), I tend to see it from an ethical/human perspective (my idealistic future is one where everyone is happy and kind to each other, nobody is poor, nobody feels that they must resort to crime to get what they need, etc.).

Not sure; I focus on both equally, I guess.

When I debate, I see it as an opportunity to understand others' ideas better and see how people feel about an issue. I generally don't use facts in debating. I prefer to ask the other side questions instead of trying to prove a point that I have.

I have a difficult time imagining myself in others' situations, so I would say cheering them up.

When I envision the future (in general), I tend to see it from an ethical/human perspective (my idealistic future is one where everyone is happy and kind to each other, nobody is poor, nobody feels that they must resort to crime to get what they need, etc.).

Not sure; I focus on both equally, I guess.

What do you think you can conclude from these answers? :)

I feel like those are INFJ answers, but I'm not sure how to distinguish between an INFJ and an INTJ with well-developed Fi. I feel like that may have been the question I should have asked to begin with.

I feel like those are INFJ answers, but I'm not sure how to distinguish between an INFJ and an INTJ with well-developed Fi. I feel like that may have been the question I should have asked to begin with.

This was the Fe(ish) answer.

So, I'm an INFJ after all?

If it helps, I can tell a relevant story. When I was in high school, there was this girl in one of my classes (Spanish) who was having problems at home. To put it short, she was very depressed and unhappy all the time. Anyway, we had this really important test that she had studied really hard for. She was really excited about this test because she wanted to get a really good grade to make her parents happy. She ended up getting a C. When she went back to her locker, she started crying uncontrollably. I walked over to her, hugged her, and told her that she was a very smart and good person and that this one test wasn't that important. I helped her see why she missed the problems that she got wrong. We studied together for the next test, and she ended up getting an A-.

Last edited: