INFJ Intuition work particularly well | INFJ Forum

INFJ Intuition work particularly well

blueflame

Regular Poster
Dec 22, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
At one point I felt that I had lost my intuition but recently it has been very strong and pinpoint accurate. INFJ's are not psychic but I must admit that I sometimes scare myself LOL. Anyways, with that being said, have you been able to look at your own relationship or another person's relationship and just get that sneaky suspicion that although things seem to be going well on the outside and you have know idea what is taking place on the inside, that in the long run things just won't pan out? Like the chemistry or interest seems to be mostly onesided. I have recently observed this with a couple I know. Also do any of you feel like you sometimes have some sort of mental influence? I think it still just relates to intuition being really strong, but sometimes I get paranoid as if it is almost a mental "influence". You think the thought and then a couple days later what you were thinking about a person in terms of style of dress or hobbies etc. are displayed?

Paranoia and intuition are peas in a pod.

Just don't use it to play nice and be what you think someone needs when... Hell, never mind. It's ingrained.

I'm not sure what you mean by that last part, but I've had a few instances where I've creeped myself out with my intuition. Once was when my sister was Skyping her boyfriend who she had declared just a month earlier that she was going to be marrying (well old enough for that to be reasonable). As soon as she said "hi," I knew she had been thinking about breaking up with him - and that it was about two weeks she'd been thinking about it. Just from "hi," and no one else picked up on it. She thought she was concealing it perfectly. Next day, we're in the car with each other, and she tells me she doesn't think things are going to work out with him, and I told her she'd been thinking that for the past two weeks. She was in complete shock, and so was I.

Another was when a friend of mine was messaging me. We did our normal small talk at the beginning, but something was off. We were just typing, and our responses were the standard motions we go through, but it was just so obvious to me she was going through something. So I asked her what was wrong, she told me nothing. I insisted, but she insisted everything was fine. The next day, she calls me and tells me everything that had happened that day, and wanted to know how I knew something was wrong when I'm five states away. I couldn't tell her why.

I find that I'm really good at picking up sincerity vs. insincerity, and I hate it when I perceive people manipulating situations for their own entertainment, that's a level of insincerity I'm particularly sensitive to.