INFJ enneagram types 4w5 vs 1w9

Lexika

Community Member
Jun 22, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Does anyone know INFJs of these enneagram types who could describe what their personalities are like in greater detail?

I've discovered that these two types are often confused, partially due to faulty stereotypes associated with 1s being rigid and moralistic that don't work well for INFJ type being dominant in Ni, introverted perceiving function that doesn't allow for such moral rigidness.

I am looking for some first-hand descriptions of these types (profiles of real INFJs 1w9 and 4w5) that don't rely on enneagram stereotypes.

Last edited:
Methinks 4w5 is a Fe-INFp while 1w9 represents either a Ni-INFp or a confused INFj (aka INFP).

[essay goes here]

In summary, LETTERS AND NUMBERS.

Hey Lexika,
Im a 1/9. The 9 is just slightly higher than the 2 so i guess i could be a 1/2. Anyway- i find that when im feeling lower energy or am a bit depressed i tend to act more like a 4. I definately dont relate to being rigid or moralistic but others may diagree. I can definately be a perfectionist though and there are some principles that i consider very important for me to maintain integrity. What sort of information are you looking for?

I got 4w5 and 1w9 as a result , i would like to help you but i didn't understand the OP

Methinks 4w5 is a Fe-INFp while 1w9 represents either a Ni-INFp or a confused INFj (aka INFP).

[essay goes here]

In summary, LETTERS AND NUMBERS.
There is a least one guy whom I corresponded with on another forum who is a very stereotypical 4w5 and types as Ni-INFJ and two other posters that I've met on another typology forum who are both Ni-INFJs and 4w3s. So I don't think that there are strong correlations between enneagram types and MBTI type subtypes.

Hey Lexika,
Im a 1/9. The 9 is just slightly higher than the 2 so i guess i could be a 1/2. Anyway- i find that when im feeling lower energy or am a bit depressed i tend to act more like a 4. I definately dont relate to being rigid or moralistic but others may diagree. I can definately be a perfectionist though and there are some principles that i consider very important for me to maintain integrity. What sort of information are you looking for?
Here's the story. My friends all type me as 4w5. I typed myself 5w6 initially, then had a brief stint as 4w5 then finally after reading more enneagram material I re-typed myself to 1w9 and settled there, but there are still people trying to persuade me that I am 4w5 sometimes coming up with very interesting arguments. So I'm trying to clear up the differences between these two etypes of INFJs. I feel like the standard type 1 profiles are most applicable to ISFPs and INFPs but they hardly resonate for a Ni-INFJ so I still have some uncertainly about my type.

So with this thread I was looking for some descriptions of INFJ 4w5s and 1w9s and the most salient personality differences between them.

Here is what messes with me. I am Ni Fe - favoured over Fi Ne (98.5% certain!). But is Ni not a percieving function? So if I lead with a percieving function, then how come Ni Fe is not INFP?

Perhaps Myers and Briggs were trying to screw with ME!!! But really, why?

:m122:

Here is what messes with me. I am Ni Fe - favoured over Fi Ne (98.5% certain!). But is Ni not a percieving function? So if I lead with a percieving function, then how come Ni Fe is not INFP?

I agree with this logic. However, the intention of the P and the J was to show which function was the extraverted function, not which one was dominant.

I am that sort you describe. And I think I can help you understand these questions.

The gray areas are there because we all fuck up in fucked up situations. There is no us nor them. This is what WE do with the rules in place. WE are capable of limitless love and we are capable of murder for the sake of currency or whatever we choose to confuse our self's with. If you consider our options you will find that mercy is never justice. And a hater is always a pretender. So what is a man supposed to be? My full potential will never be revealed because this is the time I live in. A time of "catching up"

I hope I made some sense. It's been a weird day. :p

What Paladin said. Most of it is explained here: http://www.personalitypathways.com/article/type-dynamics.html

MBTI J/P letters go by highest order extraverted function. Because INFJ is Ni-Fe-Ti-Se the highest order extraverted function is Fe, a judging one, hence the appended J-letter.

In Socionics the j/p are assigned going by dominant function, so their Ni-Fe-Ti-Se type is called INFp (and the j/p are written lower case to distinguish from MBTI).

In reality all types are judging and perceiving at the same time.

Guys I think I might be INFP (as in EII, as in Fi-Ne).

Just not quite sure whether I am one or the other (a low-key histrionic or a lazy slob.....little of both?) heh

Anyways, I really like discussing this sorta stuff. Feels. Interesting. Man.

Wikisocion.org is cool website y0!