INFJ Depth | INFJ Forum

INFJ Depth

Soulful

life is good
Nov 18, 2008
MBTI
How much of this is related to thought vs. emotion?

Can you offer examples of INFJ depth?

See my problem is I only understand what's in my head. I don't know if I can contrast it to how someone works. My wife maybe. She lives in her head too. But as a doctor, and even before I guess she contemplates different things. Actually she doesn't really contemplate many things. Maybe now if she saved or hurt a patient. But life, politics, world hunger. She just has her answers. Me, I live in this world I create in my head. I have all the actors and rules. I have the stage and scenario built. I consider the different angles and points of view. I reflect on all the past experiences. I appeal to what comes to me from where I don't know. But I have all these conclusions I am sure about. I don't know where the confidence comes from. Sometimes I forget they haven't happened yet and just go on like they are a given. I think that throws some people. Not that I'm right, just that I made up my mind and have moved on in the conversation. I'm usually right though.

But I just assume everyone is that way.
Never occurred to me otherwise.
I just thought people weren't very good at it and couldn't keep track of where they were going. Happy to learn there's another explanation.

I don't know how much depth that is or if it's insight. I'll wait and see want others post and maybe more will occur to me.

Uhm. I don't really think we're "deep" so much as just naturally sensitive to the outer world. This is probably the case for most NF breeds, really, and intuitives in general since there is a distance from the material by definition. Any type can be prone to depth/complexity, it's just a matter of development, IMO. (Read: there are no true pedestals.) Though I will admit that Ni-Fe can come with a pretty strong voyeuristic backlash if it's not balanced out.

This is a tangent though, I'm not really sure what you're asking in the OP, [MENTION=407]oceanbreeze[/MENTION] .