INFJ & Borderline Personality Disorder | INFJ Forum

INFJ & Borderline Personality Disorder

j75ejcyj7

Feb 18, 2017
MBTI
INFP
Hello,

There were a few forums on this back in 2010, but nothing current.

I am working on becoming aware of my patterns so I can change them. It's not easy. However, I feel that this forum could be helpful. I have stumbled on a few deeply psychological posts and they've helped me sort through things.

Anyway, I am an INFJ personality type who has Borderline Personality Disorder. I haven't seen much on this, but whenever I read about the imbalanced INFJ it seems very similar to BPD.

Some people have said that the outward expression of emotion for attention doesn't make sense for INFJs, but I disagree.

1. Personality is very complex, so it's silly to say that certain symptoms are immune.
2. Someone with incredibly intense emotions can only implode for so long - usually, if there are other people around, their inner feelings of anger will come out. Especially if they are ruminating about those feelings 24/7.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with these two? I'd like to hear your stories.

Hello,
There were a few forums on this back in 2010, but nothing current.

I am working on becoming aware of my patterns so I can change them. It's not easy. However, I feel that this forum could be helpful. I have stumbled on a few deeply psychological posts and they've helped me sort through things.

Anyway, I am an INFJ personality type who has Borderline Personality Disorder. I haven't seen much on this, but whenever I read about the imbalanced INFJ it seems very similar to BPD.

Some people have said that the outward expression of emotion for attention doesn't make sense for INFJs, but I disagree.

1. Personality is very complex, so it's silly to say that certain symptoms are immune.
2. Someone with incredibly intense emotions can only implode for so long - usually, if there are other people around, their inner feelings of anger will come out. Especially if they are ruminating about those feelings 24/7.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with these two? I'd like to hear your stories.