[INFJ] - INFJ and Low Latent Inhibition | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] INFJ and Low Latent Inhibition

Jan 11, 2020
New York, NY
MBTI
INFJ
So I'm definitely INFJ, Ni as my main, Fe as my aux, Ti as my tertiary, Se as my inner three year old. I have issues with loud and many noises and sensory hell if I stay in that environment too long because of that alone.

However, I also very likely have Low Latent Inhibition (LLI) - it being likely because there isn't really a test for it yet, just a bunch of traits that I match to a T and because it isn't really a diagnosis. (I have ADHD and depression as well which is always fun when my doctor and I decide to try a new med and it doesn't work with one of the other conditions - like LLI, a leading theory is it's caused by low dopamine. But the dopamine is also one of the things that can go wrong with depression, and wonky dopamine delivery system is one of the causes of executive functioning being off somewhere along its path, which is what ADHD is. So that time I tried dopamine at too high a level, I was sensing everything and focusing high-key on everything).

Long and short, folks with LLI don't do many senses required for too long either, as one of the effects of LLI is the inability to tune anything out fully and only to be able to relegate things you don't want to focus on to low focus or background focus. But you still hear them/sense them.)

So I'm wondering, how frequently do LLI and an INFJ personality go together? It would seem like given how important the processing/sorting/intuiting function is for a person with LLI, if we want to stay out of sensory overload all the time and a whole host of other difficulties, that Ni would have to be the primary function for LLI with Se being our inferior function. Which means INFJ and INTJ must theoretically be represented a lot in people with LLI. Is this the case? And how common is vis versa as well - what percentage of INFJs have LLI?