INFJ and Identity Crisis | INFJ Forum

INFJ and Identity Crisis

Michael Lloyd

Jun 5, 2012
MBTI
ENFP
Enneagram
idk
I have a friend who had a short lived relationship with me. He had an identity crisis. I helped him explore his sexuality. I was broken. He is straight. He seemed to tell me to stop this relationship and i felt rejected. I had a limerence with him so everything is not love. But i care for him. I want to help him, understand him but all seemed to be sufferring for him. I just don't want him to suffer more because of my interventions which supposed to help him. So now, I'm giving him distance. BTW, i am an enfp, i know, we are a bit irrational and annoying but i am trying my best not to be.

Do you have same experiences? or any experiences with relationships with INFJs with Identity Crisis. How are you adjusting and what advice can you give to me as an enfp longing for a resolution with an infj and how can i be of good help and be a good friend to my infj friend?

Thank you and Have a nice day.

“If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.”

It's an unfortunate situation, but I think you should just leave this person be. If they are confused and distancing themselves it is because they need to. If you care about them, leave them alone and move on.

What I say is this.

Experience makes you who you are. Few courses in Psychology can teach you the same thing.
Since I had similar issues I can be of help. In my opinion this person has to think about his past, ask himself question on what he has done and how he felt about them. This could help him learn about himself, but it won't be enough, he has to experience more in order to learn more. I do not know how old is your friend, but I think that people in the late teens could be having such issues, since this was the time I started to have them.

Sorry for my English if there were any mistakes in this thread.

“If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.”

Wow, thanks, but he said i should stay as his friend..but i was hurt..another isfp friend told me not to build a wall but a fence..so i would still be his friend but i would guess ill distance myself...hmmm i am just hurt badly. but he was never mine.

What I say is this.

Experience makes you who you are. Few courses in Psychology can teach you the same thing.
Since I had similar issues I can be of help. In my opinion this person has to think about his past, ask himself question on what he has done and how he felt about them. This could help him learn about himself, but it won't be enough, he has to experience more in order to learn more. I do not know how old is your friend, but I think that people in the late teens could be having such issues, since this was the time I started to have them.

Sorry for my English if there were any mistakes in this thread.

No really i dont mind the grammar and i really dont care...first of all thank you. he's 19 y.o. and were both the same age..he has already done the thinking and reflection and hes straight i wantd to leave him but i just cant..i care for him but everytime i care i get wounded..i want to stop..so im building a fence for myself to avoid the hurt...hes sometimes careless of what he tells to me..and he sometimes flirts with other friends unintentionally i get wounded again...

It's an unfortunate situation, but I think you should just leave this person be. If they are confused and distancing themselves it is because they need to. If you care about them, leave them alone and move on.

Okay, thanks a lot..we talked already and he said i was part of his life just like his other friends. I was never special in his life.