INFJ AND BUSINESS: can these two work together? | INFJ Forum

INFJ AND BUSINESS: can these two work together?

Rycka

Regular Poster
Nov 3, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Hey! :grinning:

So I've been wondering how well INFJ personality and the role of a business owner mix together?
Do infj's strive for such a thing, or is it something that they naturally shy away from?

Personally I've tried freelancing and dropshipping so I loved the freedom aspect of it, but on the other hand it was quite difficult to deal with uncertainty and stress. Being highly emotional also didn't help much.

There are other business models, some of which would require me to deal with people directly and would involve hiring, but I don't enjoy telling others what to do, nor I like when others tell me what to do.

Any thoughts? :smirkcat:

Was in business by and for myself briefly in my early 20s. I loved the freedom; however, it wasn't worth it. Stress, anxiety, lack of passion for what I was doing, customer interaction and sales. All death cards as far as work is concerned. But my experience was specific to me and my situation.

I had a music instrument retail and repair business once. It was great when it was tiny and just me wheeling, dealing and working on instruments. Then it grew, and the accounting became more important than the things I enjoyed. Then I needed a loan and to hire a couple of people to grow to next level. I sold everything and closed the doors instead. Lol No regrets. Owning a business sucks.

Hey, buddy. I agree with you completely, where are a lot of business models so you need to be careful and choose wisely. Also, it's important to know how to sell your products as effectively as possible. When I had a small business I didn't know what to do in order to sell my stuff so I decided to use the Internet in order to earn some experience and I found an article from the site of tracktime24.com, check it out if you want to know more about selling. These tips really helped me out, my business started developing and now everything is okay.

Reactions: Jexocuha
I have a lot to say, but must get some rest. People, in general, can be challenging and quite distasteful. One good customer can make your day, but they are few and far in between. being i n f j, I have found it good and bad. However, it is no difference working for someone watching other employees: some good and some quite disgusting.

Reactions: Jexocuha
It's all about whether you will enjoy it. Don't do anything you don't enjoy. Perhaps hire someone as a temp for 2 weeks or a friend or something and try it out, see if you like bossing people around. It probably will get expensive, some business costs suck even with business taxation.

Reactions: InfernoMink