Inferior Function is inherently suppressed => 8th Function? | INFJ Forum

Inferior Function is inherently suppressed => 8th Function?

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
As an INFJ, do you resemble an ISJ or seem to exhibit Si qualities?
As an INFP, do you resemble an ITP or seem to exhibit Ti qualities?

etc.

Apparently, inferior Se is "suppressed" and mimics Si:

... ESPs... repress Ni and so can resemble Ne types in working through lots of ideas. Likewise, ISJ types repress Ne and so can resemble Ni types by staying true to a few select ideas over a lifetime.
(Source: CelebrityTypes).

Last edited:
Reactions: subwayrider
I don't think sucking at one thing makes me better at the other. I run into a car right in front of me and I still can't remember details.

The way I see Se as being inferior for me is that I go to extremes. I don't even notice that I'm hungry and then I want the best sushi in town. I don't remember even noticing what other people were wearing at work today and then I sit here at midnight wondering if this shade of red nail polish is ok with my skin tone. It's like having a gas pedal that either barely makes the car move or goes straight to the floor. And, in fact, I probably drive that way and it's how I hit the car right in front of me.

Yes for the most part I have to say that I only mimic Si, usually. I imagine it's possible to actually use Si to some degree as well, but when I do it it's not really Si most of the time, from what I'm aware of.

For example I'm pretty good at collecting and organizing knowledge but most of the time this isn't truly what I'd rather be doing. It's just something that I find necessary but when I'm really using Se I'm going to neglect to do this. There are moments when I enjoy Si or might have been legitimately using it but most of the time I think not because after a while it gets boring and becomes a pain in the ass to me.