Indiana | INFJ Forum

Indiana

Lerxst

Jul 3, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
It's kind of a sad state of affairs when I can post something about a state law in a religious forum section. But I was thinking about all of the drama around this, which also started to get me thinking how I would be able to move there and use the laws to my advantage by discriminating against anyone not of my religion. Then I realized that there is no way to discriminate in my religion... it's really pretty tolerant and open to anything and anyone. And if you are a "bad" person who commits various criminal acts then the Buddhist philosophy is that you'll eventually (in a few life cycles perhaps) come around so there's still no real mortal sin to be committed.

So then this got me thinking, perhaps the problem with the law isn't the law, but the religion it's supposed to protect. If your religion allows you to be intolerant of others, discriminate against people, condemn others to "hell" or pits of fire in the afterlife, perhaps it's time to rethink your religious philosophies? Perhaps the reason people don't like the law is that it puts their religion in the spotlight and shows how extreme it can be in practice?

Reactions: Skarekrow
I said this elsewhere in “Write what you think”.
I’m glad that the extreme right has passed this…it’s already imploding on itself…a Mayor of one of the cities has passed a resolution already voiding it in his city.
It’s the last dying gasps from the good ol boys and religious fueled hatred…the rest of the world just isn’t tolerating such bigotry anymore.

Reactions: the
11013345_1113005385391638_2495188956286102564_n.jpg

It's kind of a sad state of affairs when I can post something about a state law in a religious forum section. But I was thinking about all of the drama around this, which also started to get me thinking how I would be able to move there and use the laws to my advantage by discriminating against anyone not of my religion. Then I realized that there is no way to discriminate in my religion... it's really pretty tolerant and open to anything and anyone. And if you are a "bad" person who commits various criminal acts then the Buddhist philosophy is that you'll eventually (in a few life cycles perhaps) come around so there's still no real mortal sin to be committed.

So then this got me thinking, perhaps the problem with the law isn't the law, but the religion it's supposed to protect. If your religion allows you to be intolerant of others, discriminate against people, condemn others to "hell" or pits of fire in the afterlife, perhaps it's time to rethink your religious philosophies? Perhaps the reason people don't like the law is that it puts their religion in the spotlight and shows how extreme it can be in practice?

The funny thing is that such behavior isn't even tolerated, let alone condoned in a lot of Christian churches (even in Indiana). For a very vocal but thankfully small segment of the population, Christianity is used as a front for bigotry and hatred. But most American Christians (people who regularly celebrate their religion, pray, attend church) do honestly believe that they are being persecuted by someone or some group for their beliefs and values. Of those, many who would support SB101 (I've seen this just from my friends on Facebook) simply have their rose-tinted goggles on too tight and won't consider that the people who expound on the bill might be lying about its righteous intentions, or they don't know legalese well enough to read a bill and see the myriad ways it can be interpreted in a court room.

The problem isn't the religion itself. The problem is paranoia, fear, hatred, ignorance, and naïvete. People problems. The religion just allows people to label themselves and stand under a banner with people of the same label and make proclamations about the things they don't like without reprisal.

11077853_952358148132000_8816998108410110043_n.png

Even the great Republican hero Reagan would not have supported this crap.

10418852_1113891631969680_7903447043304770323_n.jpg

Mind blown! Does giving money to a for-profit company to help said company recover from a poor business decision, violate one of the cardinal rules of the Free Market Republican cherish so much??!!

It just shows the full level of apathy/stupidity/ignorance/douchebaggery present in this country today…time will see who was one the wrong side of justness and humanity.

Question, who in this thread as of this moment has actually read this bill?

edit:

latest

Last edited:
Question who in this thread as of this moment has actually read this bill?
This post is discriminatory towards the illiterate and differently abled.

How many more laws do we need before we are free?