[ENTP] - In vain I have struggled! | INFJ Forum

[ENTP] In vain I have struggled!

niar

Community Member
May 6, 2017
MBTI
narwhal
My hurt feelings will not be contained.
Browsing through some (ancient, I noticed after a while) threads on infj/entp relationships, there seems to be not one positive comment on entps from infjs.
Why the animosity. Infatile comments like "extroverts suck" and the likes can only evoke laughter, of course, but they do seem quite popular around these circle(jerk)s.
Even though I'm not personally an INFJ or any other kind of fangirl for sure, unless INFJs I meet are the obnoxious, self important cunts we can all be, or the self righteous cunts INFJs particularly can be, we get along just fine, without much cognitive or emotional distance getting in the way of exchanging outrageously adorkable mindvomit. So why the animosity. :pensive:

Reactions: Wyote
I don't think I dislike ENTPs.

I think a lot of the problem with mbti community is the kinds of people mbti attracts. I've seen so much of online mbti communities not really understand typology and just use it as an excuse for shitty attitudes and behaviour.

Some of the worst have been NT groups who see themselves as elitist and shit all over "feelers" and "feelings", mistaking the "thinking" aspect of their personality and mbti type as an excuse to be Grade A Assholes.

In the real world, I don't find this to be so much the case. Judging from my experience of XNTP communities online, yeah i could judge them as assholes. Maybe this is part of the problem?

I think MBTI is over rated. We're all just people and you need to get to know people on an individual basis.

Oh, so now let's bad mouth NT types.
Is it possible it's not an excuse to crap all over others feelings as it is not understanding those feelings because they do not have those themselves? If you don't need water and a fish comes to you asking for it, is it not likely the fish will die before it gets any? If you don't know what water is why would you have any concern to know where to get some?
Maybe feelers put too much worth on their feelings in the first place?

Oh, so now let's bad mouth NT types.
Is it possible it's not an excuse to crap all over others feelings as it is not understanding those feelings because they do not have those themselves? If you don't need water and a fish comes to you asking for it, is it not likely the fish will die before it gets any? If you don't know what water is why would you have any concern to know where to get some?
Maybe feelers put too much worth on their feelings in the first place?

Or maybe I just place value on being respectful. It's ok to not understand where another is coming from, its another thing to be an arrogant asshole and speak in a manner which most individuals probably wouldn't in the real world. Online forums give people the opportunity to do and say things they would normally censor. This is what I mean.

I was actively involved in a number of MBTI communities for a few years. The worst and most toxic were usually on FB.

For some reason the worst were NTP groups. Also met a lot of genuinely wonderful NTP types there that I have built close friendships with over the last 4 years, even meeting a few of them in real life on multiple occasions.

Unfortunately, because MBTI communities can be used in this manner and because people stereotype and will black list entire types based on their negative impressions of one or two people, this can happen. I've seen it happen SO many times in these communities.

"OMG I effing HATE those ENTPs cause ONE TIME this person who SAID THEY WERE ENTP was REALLY MEAN TO ME."

Come at me bruh. H8ers gonna h8.

Sometimes its because a person has typed a person with qualities they dislike as as certain type nad blacklist that type.

Sometimes people meet one ENTP they don't like....

Type bias is rampant among those that view typology as some sort of religion.

There is a possiblity that my daughter is ENTP and when I'd tell people in these communities they usually had a negative reaction.

It's definitely bullshit. They way I see it, it's a good wayto weed out the people you DON'T want to know. It's kind of an immature way of thinking.

With that said, you can find a type you struggle with. It's usually down to a certain function at a certain stage in either maturity or health, but it certainly doesn't make onewrite off everyone. More like looking out for red flags in relationships.

Anyway OP. Ignore the bullshit. That's all it is.

Right, we had someone recently claim that all judges tend to be "SJ" (correct me if I'm wrong) and the insinuation was that this contributed to a crappy legal system world-wide. A few years ago, there was a member who labeled society (again, correct me if I'm wrong, it may have been pop culture, but either way, a nebulous and gigantic population) as "SF" which was the reason that everything was going to hedonistic hell in a handbasket. Mhm.

As far as some of the T-types on the forum, yes, thinking is of course dominant over feelings. There is the occasional "I don't understand why such-and-such is based on feelings. It doesn't make sense" or a proclamation that seems very insensitive as perceived by the F. This may provoke an emotional reaction in the F which could be excessive, but then there are also instances in which a T may kind of poke or troll an F because they are amused by the curious emotional reaction in the same sense that someone may poke a stick at an anthill. Also excessive. It happens. Not all the time, but it does.

Hello and welcome to the community. I hope you will enjoy your time here. There is a significant quantity of helpful and thoughtful people around here who are more than willing to offer their own personal insights about problems you may be experiencing, so if anything comes to mind, just ask.

NFs are looking to cooperate and harmonize, NTs are looking to evaluate and synergize. If people don't recognize and respect this subtle difference, there will be conflict.

Reactions: invisible
My hurt feelings will not be contained.
Browsing through some (ancient, I noticed after a while) threads on infj/entp relationships, there seems to be not one positive comment on entps from infjs.
Why the animosity. Infatile comments like "extroverts suck" and the likes can only evoke laughter, of course, but they do seem quite popular around these circle(jerk)s.
Even though I'm not personally an INFJ or any other kind of fangirl for sure, unless INFJs I meet are the obnoxious, self important cunts we can all be, or the self righteous cunts INFJs particularly can be, we get along just fine, without much cognitive or emotional distance getting in the way of exchanging outrageously adorkable mindvomit. So why the animosity. :pensive:
When you come to the realization that an ENTP would post something like this - half sincere, and the other half to garner sympathy to his advantage, it kind of doesn't matter if one ENTP gets offended. Besides, from what I've observed, it's only their egos that get hurt.

Last edited:
NFs are looking to cooperate and harmonize, NTs are looking to evaluate and synergize. If people don't recognize and respect this subtle difference, there will be conflict.
I had to look up synergise. Having done so I'm no sure it's a good fit. Maybe but...im not feeling it.

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc
Sometimes its because a person has typed a person with qualities they dislike as as certain type nad blacklist that type.

Sometimes people meet one ENTP they don't like....

Type bias is rampant among those that view typology as some sort of religion.

There is a possiblity that my daughter is ENTP and when I'd tell people in these communities they usually had a negative reaction.

It's definitely bullshit. They way I see it, it's a good wayto weed out the people you DON'T want to know. It's kind of an immature way of thinking.

With that said, you can find a type you struggle with. It's usually down to a certain function at a certain stage in either maturity or health, but it certainly doesn't make onewrite off everyone. More like looking out for red flags in relationships.

Anyway OP. Ignore the bullshit. That's all it is.

Wow. I have been in online "communities" where people would basically act ditchy around me and when I'd call them out, they'd be like, why do you care, you're ENTP, you don't have feelings. Many of those people label themselves INFJs and they're "deep" and "old souls" and that gives them the right in their minds to be total assholes. I've seen the opposite happen to. I was just surprised, for some reason, to see this shit here..

These prioroties are interchangeable in most people. I could argue that NFPs hardly aim for cooperation, more like internal harmony. I agree it's vital to realise, and make a habit out of reminding yourself of differences between you and others.

When you come to the realization that an ENTP would post something like this - half sincere, and the other half to garner sympathy to his advantage, it kind of doesn't matter if one ENTP gets offended. Besides, from what I've observed, it's only their egos that get hurt.

Haha you got me. Was it my handwriting? You're brilliant. Psychic powers 100% engaged.

@niar yeah I hear you. I think half of the mbti community is mistyped. In my experience (and im not talking about this site as much, it does't happen like this as much here) a lot of the mbti community is feeding off these bullshit positive little type descriptions. I've seen so many people water themselves down and become these flat, 2 dimensional caricatures of whatever type they are trying to portray. (this was basically 90% of the mbti FB community)

It doesn't just happen to ENTPs. I've seen it happen a lot with INFPs, ENFPs and ENFJs to name a few. (Don't ya know us ENFJs are stupid and fake people who live to do nothing but manipulate for all of our very many evil schemes?). Also, dat sensor hating...

People who are calling you out in such a manner don't understand mbti and also sound like downright douche bags, so I wouldn't waste your time worrying about them.