In the Bible, are we always in 'the last times'? | INFJ Forum

In the Bible, are we always in 'the last times'?

Kmal

Jan 21, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8 sx/sp
It seems to me this is the case, since in our human body, we are always dieing. Applying that perspective, do you see changes?

Peter 1: said:
17 and if on the Father ye do call, who without acceptance of persons is judging according to the work of each, in fear the time of your sojourn pass ye, 18 having known that, not with corruptible things -- silver or gold -- were ye redeemed from your foolish behaviour delivered by fathers, 19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and unspotted -- Christ's -- 20 foreknown, indeed, before the foundation of the world, and manifested in the last times because of you, 21 who through him do believe in God, who did raise out of the dead, and glory to him did give, so that your faith and hope may be in God.

i dont take the bible as a literal accounting of anything.
you're alive you're alive you're alive you're dead.
that's about how i see it.

Reactions: MisterNi
[MENTION=4855]JGirl[/MENTION] what i was meaning was from the perspective of the Bible

[MENTION=4855]JGirl[/MENTION] what i was meaning was from the perspective of the Bible

yes i understand that.
the bible has no timeline so it's impossible to pinpoint when the end time will come.
back in biblical times they were all thinking it was any day.
also, the bible is written in such a way that meaning can be twisted and molded to fit any era

Reactions: MisterNi
yes i understand that.
the bible has no timeline so it's impossible to pinpoint when the end time will come.
back in biblical times they were all thinking it was any day.
also, the bible is written in such a way that meaning can be twisted and molded to fit any era
spot on. thats what im saying, we're always in the end times of your body. i believe the Bible was made that way, for that reason.

spot on. thats what im saying, we're always in the end times of your body. i believe the Bible was made that way, for that reason.

You've got to be kidding me. That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Reactions: Kmal
You've got to be kidding me. That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read.
I almost died in a car wreck the other day, have you ever almost died?

Yes, I have. That doesn't change the fact that what you said was stupid.
id like to see you make the connection between the end times, or last times, and the death of the body, as well as rebirth and being eternal. Look from another perspective than your own.

Reactions: muir
No I haven't, would you care to explain?

It's basically as you would think "living word" would mean. I'm not certain I know any sect of Christianity that does not refer to this. The words are perpetual. They applied then and they apply now, giving lessons worth learning.

Reactions: muir and Kmal
It's basically as you would think "living word" would mean. I'm not certain I know any sect of Christianity that does not refer to this. The words are perpetual. They applied then and they apply now, giving lessons worth learning.

I'm not Christian, sorry. I'm agnostic. :smile:

I'm not Christian, sorry. I'm agnostic. :smile:
That's what I'm meaning, look from their perspective rather than your own so you understand it. Then once you do that, you can look back from your own and understand more. Forget the labels because they distract and deceive. You've not taken the time to understand the Bible, so why are you discussing it?

Reactions: muir
I never said I was Christian either. I don't affiliate with any religion.

This is the way I see it. Religion, especially organized religion is simply an attempt at creating structure for morality and ethics for the people who need it. To impose limits and to even enforce punishment for behaving in an undesirable manner through social/communal peer pressure. I'm obviously not an immoral or unethical person so it's unnecessary for me. As for teaching lessons worth learning, while that's great for people who need spiritual guidance and direction not everyone needs it or even wants it. For me, in all likelihood it would be detrimental to my own wellbeing.

That's what I'm meaning, look from their perspective rather than your own so you understand it. Then once you do that, you can look back from your own and understand more. Forget the labels because they distract and deceive. You've not taken the time to understand the Bible, so why are you discussing it?

O kthxbye.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sriracha
@MisterNi not human ethics, but spirituality it teaches. while crossing over to human ethics, it does not start there. i understand where you're coming from, i just thought you were information hungry.

Reactions: MisterNi and muir
I wish to be excused if I deviate (slightly) but I'm to make a connection to the perpetual bitching I get annoyed by every other day: what has the world become! back in the day we used to have x and y and it was MUCH better and all was much this and that. really? weren't they complaining just as much in that day, praising the past and wailing on how bad things are, how the world will end and how all is lost? how we're in the Kali Yuga and all that doom is near (not necessarily religious) mentality? give me a break "last times" people, you're just not assuming your "role" and know very well time doesn't wait for no one alright!

well [MENTION=4644]paradanmellow[/MENTION] i think the end times is personally, as in your own personal end times because of the finite body that will eventually perish.

fair nough