In need of advice: how to build a happy stable lasting relationship? | INFJ Forum

In need of advice: how to build a happy stable lasting relationship?

Apr 12, 2018
London
MBTI
INFJ
Hello my fellow forum users.
I am sure that some of you are happily married/are in happy long-term relationships and I would love to find out what are your thoughts about finding the right person and creating a relationship that gives that sense of security.
- How you found that right person? Did you know straight away that you found 'the one' or it took you a while to realise it?
- What do you think it's the key element in building a lasting relationship?

Reactions: Asa
I think a good relationship thrives on good communication and healthy conflict resolution.

I believe the relationship itself is like another entity that needs to be cared for. Your relationship is what you make it, and your shared experiences and commitment to one another are what shapes it. I love my husband for the person he is, and I love my marriage for what it is.

Hello my fellow forum users.
I am sure that some of you are happily married/are in happy long-term relationships and I would love to find out what are your thoughts about finding the right person and creating a relationship that gives that sense of security.
- How you found that right person? Did you know straight away that you found 'the one' or it took you a while to realise it?
- What do you think it's the key element in building a lasting relationship?

Don't settle... Wait for a deep connection that you can fall into... You'll know and there will... Be no question... I've predicted the reason for every relationship I've had ending... Trusts your instincts not your emotions...

Reactions: Ren and Asa
My working theory is that there are three pieces to a happy long-term relationship.
  • Chemistry: The "spark"... Physically and intellectually. Do you make each other laugh? Do think the same things at the same time? Is the sex good?
  • Compatibility: Are you good for each other? Do you make each other better or worse people? Is the relationship one-sided?
  • Follow-through: Do each of you have what it takes to work through more difficult times than you can even imagine?
Haven't managed to line up all three yet. I'm optimistic, though! :)

Last edited:
1. Make out a lot

Pretty much solves all your problems from every angle.

that just gives me a massive boner

giphy.gif

You both have to be willing to grow together and have similar values. Being comfortable with yourself and having a life outside the relationship help as well.
Another thing is that you have to really know what you want and be willing to walk away if the other person is not meeting your needs. I don´t mean little things like X doesn´t do his laundry every week or he doesn´t make X amount of money, but more in the sense of values.