In 10 years what technology do you see becoming the new norm in our society? | INFJ Forum

In 10 years what technology do you see becoming the new norm in our society?

Keirouen

Community Member
Jun 3, 2014
MBTI
intj
Tablets and touchscreen phones quickly caught on into mainstream consumption. Texting and twitter is a way of life.

Everybody has a laptop and it's a human right nowadays to be hooked up to the internet. What do you think is next? Is it a better version of Google glass? Is it holographics? Will we be hooked up to virtual reality on paar with the matrix? Will Facebook takeover?

Robots that you can fuck and then will make you coffee afterwards

Reactions: BritNi and Bird
coffee? What about a post-coitus snuggle!? That's what I want!

oh you need a human for that...there's really no substitute

I was more making a satirical statement about humanities move towards technology and away from other human beings

I would not be suprised if the system uses technology to try and meet certain needs in the future...of course actual human love and emotion will not feature because the people behind the system don't understand those things

I was inspired, in part, by the following clip that i watched this arvo:

[video=youtube;9baRGhtodO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9baRGhtodO0[/video]

Reactions: BritNi
oh you need a human for that...there's really no substitute

I was more making a satirical statement about humanities move towards technology and away from other human beings

What about for us single ladies who need snuggles. Cats can't spoon you....but a robot can!

Reactions: BritNi and muir
What about for us single ladies who need snuggles. Cats can't spoon you....but a robot can!

So...that's the market research done. DAARPA should make love robots not war robots

The ladies would like ones that spoon-snuggle

Last edited:
Cold fusion, unless there's some (more) serious academic and corporate sabotage... The Dardens have supposedly been dumping shares in their shale gas and other investments, after their investment group created Industrial Heat to fund Andrea Rossi. IIRC, we're talking about ditching a lot of money in investments. Eventually, it or related technologies might be able to power just about everything, if it can be shrunk down safely, or at least through batteries. I don't know if we'll be storing data in crystals in 10 years, but it seems possible.

Future of the mind. Soon many things will be controled and downloaded directly into and by the mind.
They say that in 10 years computers will be able to hold the entire known universe to include the movement and position of atoms. In 20 the minds of 6 billion people.

Sometimes I get worried for the future, but then I wonder what it will sound like to drop the bass in ten years from now.

EDIT: and I know the answer! it's going to sound incredible.

Teleportation...they reckon that is possible now too

But yeah as EH says there is a lot going on with the mind, hacking the mind, mapping the mind, uploading the mind, merging people with machines ('transhumanism') etc

They are already implanting moods and even sounds and probably ideas into peoples minds using radio waves (see the RF frequency masts that have sprung up all over the country)

The 'SMART' grid and 'internet of things' will be up and running

Drones of all sizes, swarms of drones working in concert and nanobots

And artificial intelligence will be online controlling all of it! (after the 'singularity' occurs)

Scary shit...so time for people to take the power back off government

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/06/new-mind-reading-research-aims-to.html

New Mind Reading Research Aims to Synchronize Humans

Nicholas West
Activist Post

The obsession with finding new ways to decode the human brain and seek to control it continues unabated. The spate of new developments, which now seem to come almost daily, can be attributed to the large commitment made by the U.S. BRAIN project and its much larger European counterpart the Human Brain Project. All told, billions are being spent to unlock every facet of cognition.

One of many areas that is advancing quickly is the ability to connect brains to computers (Brain Computer Interface/BCI), and brains to one another (Brain to Brain Interface/BBI). As we covered in July of last year, Harvard researchers established brain-to-brain control between a human and a lab rat that enabled a human thought to trigger movement in the rat's tail ... wirelessly using ultrasound.

If that wasn't disturbing enough, a human-to-human remote link via Internet was established just a couple of months later. A researcher was able to control the hand movements of a person jacked in to the "brain net" in a completely different building (video below).

New research announced today aims to go even further.

As reported in a press release:
The Canada Foundation for Innovation has awarded a grant to Prof Janeen Loehr of the University of Saskatchewan for establishing up an EEG lab, recording the brain activity of participants carrying out co-operative, or synchronised, tasks.​

This research will attempt to map brain activity and uncover the natural ways that humans utilize unspoken communication with one another, including seemingly anticipatory clues that border on telepathy. Once mapped, the idea could expand toward artificially reproducing or enhancing those connections into fully synchronized tasks. The video below shows the previous link-up via Internet that was established, proving that two brains can be connected and that one person can control the movements of another by thought alone.

[video=youtube;rNRDc714W5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRDc714W5I[/video]

The above demonstration is crude by comparison to what researchers seem to believe is theoretically possible. They cite the reality of what we commonly know as "being on the same wavelength" with certain individuals:
People carry out countless synchronised tasks each day, from holding a conversation to walking in stride with someone to playing music together.​
All of these require precise timing of actions and a certain amount of mind-reading to anticipate what another person is going to do, in order to be successful.​
“Even if you think about exchanging coffee with the cashier, the frequency with which we don’t drop the coffee all over the floor, it’s actually pretty remarkable,” says Loehr.​
It’s this kind of mind-reading that Loehr is investigating. Currently, her research concentrates on musicians: how they keep in time with each other and how they adapt to each other’s playing. If, as she hypothesises, this co-ordination is underpinned by being literally on the same wavelength as someone – that is, sharing patterns of brain activity – this may have implications beyond music to other kinds of interpersonal interactions.​
Naturally, some of the applications they envision are all on the bright side: helping people to literally establish better connections if they are struggling with interpersonal relations due to social anxiety or some forms of autism.
“Any time you have problems relating interpersonally, you could imagine that that might have something to do with problems of synchronising your brain activity with other people,” she explains.​
But the idea of literally synchronizing human thought into a form of artificial telepathy also could be used to create forced conformity. We have certainly seen a push by both government and Big Pharma to redefine what type of behavior is "normal" or "acceptable" or "socially well adjusted" ... or even that "conspiracy theorists" might be mentally ill and/or dangerous.

There has also been a disturbing emphasis placed on children and managing their "disorders." DARPA has solicited portable brain recording devices that could be put "in every classroom in America." Of course for only noble reasons:
“Having EEGs in every classroom in America”, say DARPA, would allow teachers to devise lesson plans using the devices to help children learn about the biology of “the brain and sensory systems”, by using these brain-to-computer interfaces (BCIs):​
“Students could record their own brain activity and download the data to their iPad.”​
The Agency also claims the devices could be worn by “average citizens”, which would crowd-source huge amounts of EEG data that could be analysed to advance the understanding of neuroscience.​
Sure, because DARPA never misuses technology.

In February of this year, Johns Hopkins University introduced a database of children's brain scans. It intends to be a Google-style searchable digital library. A $600K grant from the National Institutes of Health backs the database. The lead researcher of the program stated:
We're creating a pediatric-brain data bank that will let doctors look at MRI brain scans of children who have already been diagnosed with illnesses like epilepsy or psychiatric disorders. It will provide a way to share important new discoveries about how changes in brain structures are linked to brain disorders.​
When seen in small context via individual bland and bright scientific press releases like the ones above, it becomes easy to miss the wider picture. Research on the human brain is being invested in all over the world. The staggering amounts being spent are done with the belief that the payoffs will also be staggering. Along the way, we might also be wise to consider the staggering implications if not all of this is for noble ends.

Source: gipsa-lab.grenoble-inp.fr
More info: Canada Foundation for Innovation
Hat tip: Neurogadget
Research from Yale:
Scientists explore possibilities of mind reading
'Mind-Reading' Scientists Reconstruct Human Faces From Brain Scans

Related Activist Post Articles:

Recently by Nicholas West:

Last edited:
Oh and we will perceive the nature of reality differently

[video=youtube;1CwhjeRxGLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CwhjeRxGLc[/video]

In 10 years, technology will be organically 'grown'.

We will have wearable computers. Like cloth, or spandex. It won't be Google glass, it'll be Google shirt, or Google raincoat, or Google umbrella.

Actual hard copy magazines will have small computers in them, and instead of being still pictures they will have video, and also sound. Or you get something like a Kindle in flexible magazine form and get your subscription of Pop Sci downloaded in one magazine device, and you could update your subscription from the magazine itself.

In 10 years, technology will be organically 'grown'.

We will have wearable computers. Like cloth, or spandex. It won't be Google glass, it'll be Google shirt, or Google raincoat, or Google umbrella.

Actual hard copy magazines will have small computers in them, and instead of being still pictures they will have video, and also sound. Or you get something like a Kindle in flexible magazine form and get your subscription of Pop Sci downloaded in one magazine device, and you could update your subscription from the magazine itself.

this. I think we are seeing a shift towards wearables, and i think over time, with enough saturation this will dirastically affect how we interact with technology.

I think we're also seeing a shift to more "smart" devices and greater interconnectivity (see "The Internet of Things" for more). Your washing machine & drier, your oven & your fridge will have IP addresses and internet connectivity that can send you SMS or other real time updates about things. Your car can automatically contact a repair shop when in need of maintanence.

I would also not be surprised to see a push for greater web access (e.g. metro wide Wifi hotspots, increased cloud presence, etc.)

Also we should see a continual slide toward greater play in targeted marketing. Analytics and big data will only grow larger at this point, and the invasiveness and effectiveness of targeted marketing will continue to grow.

Most of this stuff has already been developed or come to pass, but i think we will see more of an increase as time goes on.

I enjoy "futurology" - i may write more on this later.

[MENTION=11447]Galactic Dross[/MENTION] - any thoughts?

I think in some respects, we probably can't imagine what it'll be like.

Well...I couldn't!

Graphene will allow devices to only have to charge once a week.

Teleportation...they reckon that is possible now too

But yeah as EH says there is a lot going on with the mind, hacking the mind, mapping the mind, uploading the mind, merging people with machines ('transhumanism') etc

They are already implanting moods and even sounds and probably ideas into peoples minds using radio waves (see the RF frequency masts that have sprung up all over the country)

The 'SMART' grid and 'internet of things' will be up and running

Drones of all sizes, swarms of drones working in concert and nanobots

And artificial intelligence will be online controlling all of it! (after the 'singularity' occurs)

Scary shit...so time for people to take the power back off government

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/06/new-mind-reading-research-aims-to.html

New Mind Reading Research Aims to Synchronize Humans

Nicholas West
Activist Post

The obsession with finding new ways to decode the human brain and seek to control it continues unabated. The spate of new developments, which now seem to come almost daily, can be attributed to the large commitment made by the U.S. BRAIN project and its much larger European counterpart the Human Brain Project. All told, billions are being spent to unlock every facet of cognition.

One of many areas that is advancing quickly is the ability to connect brains to computers (Brain Computer Interface/BCI), and brains to one another (Brain to Brain Interface/BBI). As we covered in July of last year, Harvard researchers established brain-to-brain control between a human and a lab rat that enabled a human thought to trigger movement in the rat's tail ... wirelessly using ultrasound.

If that wasn't disturbing enough, a human-to-human remote link via Internet was established just a couple of months later. A researcher was able to control the hand movements of a person jacked in to the "brain net" in a completely different building (video below).

New research announced today aims to go even further.

As reported in a press release:
The Canada Foundation for Innovation has awarded a grant to Prof Janeen Loehr of the University of Saskatchewan for establishing up an EEG lab, recording the brain activity of participants carrying out co-operative, or synchronised, tasks.​

This research will attempt to map brain activity and uncover the natural ways that humans utilize unspoken communication with one another, including seemingly anticipatory clues that border on telepathy. Once mapped, the idea could expand toward artificially reproducing or enhancing those connections into fully synchronized tasks. The video below shows the previous link-up via Internet that was established, proving that two brains can be connected and that one person can control the movements of another by thought alone.

[video=youtube;rNRDc714W5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRDc714W5I[/video]

The above demonstration is crude by comparison to what researchers seem to believe is theoretically possible. They cite the reality of what we commonly know as "being on the same wavelength" with certain individuals:
People carry out countless synchronised tasks each day, from holding a conversation to walking in stride with someone to playing music together.​
All of these require precise timing of actions and a certain amount of mind-reading to anticipate what another person is going to do, in order to be successful.​
“Even if you think about exchanging coffee with the cashier, the frequency with which we don’t drop the coffee all over the floor, it’s actually pretty remarkable,” says Loehr.​
It’s this kind of mind-reading that Loehr is investigating. Currently, her research concentrates on musicians: how they keep in time with each other and how they adapt to each other’s playing. If, as she hypothesises, this co-ordination is underpinned by being literally on the same wavelength as someone — that is, sharing patterns of brain activity — this may have implications beyond music to other kinds of interpersonal interactions.​
Naturally, some of the applications they envision are all on the bright side: helping people to literally establish better connections if they are struggling with interpersonal relations due to social anxiety or some forms of autism.
“Any time you have problems relating interpersonally, you could imagine that that might have something to do with problems of synchronising your brain activity with other people,” she explains.​
But the idea of literally synchronizing human thought into a form of artificial telepathy also could be used to create forced conformity. We have certainly seen a push by both government and Big Pharma to redefine what type of behavior is "normal" or "acceptable" or "socially well adjusted" ... or even that "conspiracy theorists" might be mentally ill and/or dangerous.

There has also been a disturbing emphasis placed on children and managing their "disorders." DARPA has solicited portable brain recording devices that could be put "in every classroom in America." Of course for only noble reasons:
“Having EEGs in every classroom in America”, say DARPA, would allow teachers to devise lesson plans using the devices to help children learn about the biology of “the brain and sensory systems”, by using these brain-to-computer interfaces (BCIs):​
“Students could record their own brain activity and download the data to their iPad.”​
The Agency also claims the devices could be worn by “average citizens”, which would crowd-source huge amounts of EEG data that could be analysed to advance the understanding of neuroscience.​
Sure, because DARPA never misuses technology.

In February of this year, Johns Hopkins University introduced a database of children's brain scans. It intends to be a Google-style searchable digital library. A $600K grant from the National Institutes of Health backs the database. The lead researcher of the program stated:
We're creating a pediatric-brain data bank that will let doctors look at MRI brain scans of children who have already been diagnosed with illnesses like epilepsy or psychiatric disorders. It will provide a way to share important new discoveries about how changes in brain structures are linked to brain disorders.​
When seen in small context via individual bland and bright scientific press releases like the ones above, it becomes easy to miss the wider picture. Research on the human brain is being invested in all over the world. The staggering amounts being spent are done with the belief that the payoffs will also be staggering. Along the way, we might also be wise to consider the staggering implications if not all of this is for noble ends.

Source: gipsa-lab.grenoble-inp.fr
More info: Canada Foundation for Innovation
Hat tip: Neurogadget
Research from Yale:
Scientists explore possibilities of mind reading
'Mind-Reading' Scientists Reconstruct Human Faces From Brain Scans

Related Activist Post Articles:

Recently by Nicholas West:

I'll definitely look at those articles!
Actually I happen to be reading a book that mentions many of the neurological expirements in your post. It's called:

The future of the mind : the scientific quest to understand, enhance, and empower the mind by Dr. Michio Kaku

I'm really into this stuff to! I've been into mind uploading since I was a kid. I obsessed about it when it was only scifi. It's so weird, right? Maybe I was just a really intuitive kid and foresaw the significance of it all in my future?

Seriously what kind of 7 year old obsesses about uploading her mind into the digital realm, or becoming infinitely smart by having information uploaded directly into my nanotechnologically inhanced high processing capacity brain?

Damn I'm so weird!

I have to admit up until recently only one thing (besides the fall of humanity) has worried me that is human caused, that being genetic research that runs out of control. However with the very real possibility of actually being able to change the brain, implant memories, take them away, change them... that stuff worries me. One day governments could literally be capable of mass mind control. Move past the government and look at individuals using this. Scary scary stuff.

Thinking of it now, I have always considered my mind my own. Something that no one could ever touch, my mind would always be free. Now it looks like that may be in question.

The solar powered roads look quite cool

Google wants to beam down wifi from satelites in space and bathe the entire world in wifi...the only problem with that is that RF frequency radiation is bad for us

nanotechnology is a big thing....which will be able to acually physically change the body and the brain

I guess the point about the scary tech is that it will only be a threat if we allow the wrong people to use it and i think most reasonable people would agree that the wrong people are currently running things (see endless wars and economic instability)

So i think that the baby boomer generation had things very good; their parents had world war 2 and their parents before them had world war 1, but the baby boomers had cheap airtravel, package holidays, jobs for life, affordable mortgages, a fairer tax system, high employement rates, retirement money, and no big crises to deal with

The younger generations however...we have some serious challenges to face: economic meltdown, wars, environmental damage, radiation leaks etc.....our challenges will be every bit as big as the generations who faced the world wars if not bigger...indeed with the posturing going on between NATO and Russia we are possibly looking at the beginnings of world war 3 right now

But whereas previous generations in the previous world wars were facing an external enemy our younger generations have a far more tricky challenge in the sense that our enemies are our own leaders who are imposing a surveillance state on us, toxifying our food and water supplies, creating increasingly draconian laws and dumbing down the population

So our enemy is more difficult to define and requires young people to be paying attention....whereas older generations just needed to grasp that ''it's the germans'' our young folk now need to understand how the system works and who the people are pulling the strings behind the scenes and invariably these are people who stay out of the limelight so they are not easy to spot unless you know what you are looking for; the politicians are really just their frontmen and women who they push out into the limelight to be puppets which the real powerbrowkers can hide behind

So in order to secure a safer future for ourselves where all this tech that offers simultaneously many benefits but also many dangers is used by the people for the people and not missused by the elite to control the people, we need to take power off the elites and give it to us...the people and ensure transparency and accountability regarding the use of various tech

That's our challenge and like previous generations we stand to lose everything if we don't rise to meet that challenge

Educating ourselves and others is a start