Imagine waking up to find you are not an infj anymore ? | INFJ Forum

Imagine waking up to find you are not an infj anymore ?

Did that nearly soon as I joined here with my limited understanding of MBTI. Told my humour was INTP. Existential breakdown, changed my type to INFP and my name to Bob and I'm now a whole new person - it's insane right :p

That would be nice! Even better if I turned out to be an ESTP stuck in the grip of Ni! [dreams]. Please...take my INFJ-ness! I've had to put up with coming to grips with the type(the patterns) and use MBTI as a tool for understanding where they come from and how to best adjust myself and how I approach others. But I really, honestly, don't like being an "INFJ". I've accepted it. O sure, some people like the special-ness of statistical rarity: "We are the 1%" - Oh, please. Frankly, living day to day as an INFJ in a world of sensor types sucks. But then, there are times you learn things, make discoveries, and have rare experiences that kind of make up for that, too.
Hey , distinction allows us to do things others can't, if we make use of it we can achieve more things others can't.

It happens often. The odds that you, me, or anyone else is an INFJ and correctly typed are low if INFJs are, indeed, rare.

If you woke up with a different label you would be the same person that you were yesterday. It's more like you would wake up one day and be able to finally accurately define yourself after trying to call yourself what doesn't fit for a long time.

But I really, honestly, don't like being an "INFJ". I've accepted it. O sure, some people like the special-ness of statistical rarity: "We are the 1%" - Oh, please. Frankly, living day to day as an INFJ in a world of sensor types sucks. But then, there are times you learn things, make discoveries, and have rare experiences that kind of make up for that, too.

Maikl describes how I feel about being an INFJ.

I was hoping for a discussion on actually waking up as a different type; having a different personality for one day and experiencing what that's like.

It happens often. The odds that you, me, or anyone else is an INFJ and correctly typed are low if INFJs are, indeed, rare.

If you woke up with a different label you would be the same person that you were yesterday. It's more like you would wake up one day and be able to finally accurately define yourself after trying to call yourself what doesn't fit for a long time.

Maikl describes how I feel about being an INFJ.
Yeah it must be like that

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
I was hoping for a discussion on actually waking up as a different type; having a different personality for one day and experiencing what that's like.
It can be fun and all but it will probably lack the honesty we have today.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
I think it's called intoxication. Can be purchased down at your corner liquor store for only $5.99 for a 6 pack, or may I suggest a nice white wine for a bit more?

This could go really well, or really badly, depending. Also, would we be aware that we are another type for a day?

I have a feeling my reaction to some types would be, "HA! I knew it!"
Other types would be very fun to explore, though I would not want to pay the consequences when I woke up on the second day as my normal type and everyone remembered that day I was a sparkly extrovert who was doing the can-can on the coffee house table in my ruffly fuchsia, orange, and red dress. It would be convenient to be an extrovert on a day of an interview or event. Any other INXX type would be a cozy sort fo fun.
I think I'd like to be some types I've had trouble meshing with so I could better empathize with them. "Getting" how they click from the outside isn't quite enough sometimes.

I noticed when I was in college that If I drank late at night, after the initial effects would start to wear off, my mental clarity and focus would improve for programming. Drinking rarely made me more extroverted.

I coded some incredible stuff between 10pm and 2am. What that tells me is I hold myself back far too much because I wasn't smarter, just less intimidated by committing to a new method.

Reactions: Asa and David54
enough tequila and I become quite extroverted. .

Odd to me while personally I get to a nice quiet spot alone somewhere listen to some good music and enjoy the buzz in peace.

Imagine wakijg up to fibd out you are not an infj and you made a mistake in the MBTI test ??

It wouldn't be the end of the world; a type doesn't define who we are, it just helps us understand ourselves better like @Asa mentioned earlier.

Also, there are no right or wrong answers when taking personality tests so it's technically impossible to make a "mistake".

It wouldn't be the end of the world; a type doesn't define who we are, it just helps us understand ourselves better like @Asa mentioned earlier.

Also, there are no right or wrong answers when taking personality tests so it's technically impossible to make a "mistake".
Well said