I'm a walking state of wonder? INFJ, HSP, extroverted and a high sensation seeker. | INFJ Forum

I'm a walking state of wonder? INFJ, HSP, extroverted and a high sensation seeker.

anarkandi

Community Member
Feb 1, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
N/A
Late january, I discovered I was a highly sensitive person, at that stage, I was burnt out and depressed - but just starting to pull out of it all, and after finding a hsp community they gave me the title "INFJ" which brought me here. But hey, I'm not really here, I'm not really fitting in here, as soon as I started to pull back I found myself going the high sensation seeking path, so intent on doing new things, experiencing new things and meeting new people, I could hardly be fit in the "introvert" lifestyle, I'm clearly an extrovert, and all tests and friends around me notice this side in me, I'm basically so involved with seeking new sensations and experiences people have questioned my self-typing many times, as I break the P chart and the E chart way over to the other axis.

But after it all, I keep showing the highest ranking for introvert intuition, but with an incredibly strong extrovert feeling auxilary. I'm not like ENFJ's, forgetting myself in the midst of everyone, I'm mainly oriented towards understanding new things and through myself, my Ni wins against my Fe anytime it wants.

My way of processing is that of an introvert intuitive, seeking out what I don't understand, having alot of key insight about alot of things, seeking to understand everything, primarily oriented towards understanding people and why they are the way they are.

I keep seeking out new experiences in the external world, both new sensations as loud music, dancing, partying, festivals, new people, and accomplishing new things, filling in the empty spaces, taking risks, not planning, and I keep wandering around in a state of extacy, smiling, or revealing some manner of emotion, moving around alot, having trouble sitting still and doing nothing. I think INFJ's are awesome, but I do not share standard INFJ's need for time for self, even the smallest amount of time for myself can make me incredibly restless. But then I'm an HSP, I'm easily hurt, and even small sensory stimuli can drain me, so that makes for high conflicts - I'll be in a state of overwhelm, with strong adrenaline, and I know I should pull away and take some time for myself, but I keep seeking out the new. I don't drink, but I'll wake up the next day or two days, feeling more or less hungover and unable to do anything of value the next day, and sometimes having done one or two mistakes I've regretted. FML. ^.^
:m123:

So I've worked with the Physiognomy.me project which tries to test parallels between the eight jungian functions, their order, and our body language; and my body language is the same as that of INFJ's, but with very strong sensory extroversion and extrovert feeling and introvert thinking. So that makes me an extremely balanced individual. And I do not show the same body behavior as an ENFJ. But my feelings and sensations are literally a waterfall hard to control, and I constantly have to learn to balance out these two parts of myself - my external self, and my internal.

How's you guys relate to this?

I think I can relate to this. I am an INFJ and HSP as well but in some ways I differ quite a bit. I do need time alone sometimes but that is mainly because of to much stimuli in a short amount of time. I always long for experiencing new things and even though I might not handle it well, I always go for it anyway. Traveling, concerts, festivals, challenges, meeting new people, you name it.

But I have burned myself many times, life is a careful balance for me, every day you expand and learn your limits more. When I was younger I kept more to myself, but I think that is because like most INFJ/HSP I felt very different and I also did not understand myself at all. Now days I always have a next goal where I want to be heading, without it I feel very restless.

I lived and worked in two other countries apart from my native one, moved alone to completely different environments and had to find out how everything worked without any help. Something I think not a lot of HSP would enjoy and handle well and I am also only 24 so a lot of change in a short amount of time. Needless to say it has not been easy at times but worth it in the end.

I can be extrovert also at times, depending on people and mood. Some days I enjoy it a lot but other days I rather keep to myself. Some days I fake it without problem. I usually feel better in an extrovert lifestyle when I can handle it, but this might also be because of the loneliness that comes with being an INFJ and HSP. I also seek out what I don't understand and I'm interested in many things, people have always been easy for me to understand and I read people very well. Because of this I also hurt more easily since I pick up on stuff other people don't, more intensely and I question everything.

Kul att se en annan svensk här också :)