If you were a rock...where would you want to be? | INFJ Forum

If you were a rock...where would you want to be?

PrincessFirefighter

Regular Poster
Jan 20, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
This is a question I often ask people once I meet them.

It's a sort of test. To see if they'll gladly put up with my eccentricities and oddities. Most people look at me funny and say something dumb like, "Uhhh....I dunno." What they really mean is, "Uhh, I don't want to be seen not only talking to you, but answering a so-not-cool question like that."

At least that was my high school experience...

I think it's a very telling question, when answered.

:)

Peace is a stone lying on the bed of a contentious river.

I was actually thinking about that yesterday, kind of.

As a rock cannot die, I'd figure I'd be immortal. Being an immortal rock, I think my two biggest fears would be to either be thrown to the bottom of the ocean, or to be mixed into a concrete wall or similar.

I don't know where I'd prefer to be. On the surface, I guess. Perhaps in a forest.

I would much rather be a tree.

Reactions: Jexocuha
Would not care, as I would not be myself, I would be a completely different entity. I would be an inanimate object with no consciousness whatsoever.

The question is invalid actually, because if I was a rock, I wouldn't be me. So me answering the question would be completely nonsensical, like trying to divide by zero. Even the mere notion of me being a rock is nonsensical. I cannot be a rock. I am myself. A rock is a rock. If I was a rock, then I wouldn't be me.

In a volcano.

If I had a choice I would like to be solar wind.
But if I had to be a rock I would settle for
being in orbit around Ganymede.

Whenever I get into a point of arguing I usually start arguing with myself, taking on both sides. I usually prove myself wrong and thus never reply. I see myself losing this one, but I feel like replying anyway.

There is one thing about death that always have bugged me; I can't imagine the possibility of the world without my conscious state, but maybe that is just a flaw of mine. I don't say that I believe in reincarnation or anything similar. If we were to accept that our mind somehow continued going without our body, then why would it be different if we would become rocks? Because a rock lacks the senses of a human body? Perhaps, or perhaps our conscious state could continue but wouldn't lay in the regular senses that we would of a regular human body. Perhaps we could be rocks, with our mind being outside of the physical body. Then again, what would then make us the stone at all?

But as I said, my reasoning is flawed, and I just felt like typing.

If an asteroid is a rock, then an asteroid floating through the universe I would be. Eventually crash into something bigger and multiply, going to even more places, over and over again. Short answer: I would want to be everywhere.