If you could write your own tv series? | INFJ Forum

If you could write your own tv series?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
If you could write your own tv series, what type of scenarios or situations would you write about? What kinds of characters would you write? What kinds of themes would you write about? Would you include personality theory in how you write the characters, or would you just go by natural personality?

I'd write a comedy about a boy, a robot and a flying squirrel. The boy lost his parents and travels alone in space with the robot looking after him. The squirrel is a genetically enhanced ninja like Deadpool but in squirrel form.

I'd write a comedy about a boy, a robot and a flying squirrel. The boy lost his parents and travels alone in space with the robot looking after him. The squirrel is a genetically enhanced ninja like Deadpool but in squirrel form.

Sounds so cool! :) Reminds me of a film preview I saw yesterday for the film A.X.L. Not the same premise but I think you'd get a kick out of the animatronic dog in that film.
AXL-Trailer.jpg

Sounds so cool! :) Reminds me of a film preview I saw yesterday for the film A.X.L. Not the same premise but I think you'd get a kick out of the animatronic dog in that film.
AXL-Trailer.jpg

Nice!

For fun, I'd write a psychological thriller, mystery drama with possible supernatural themes. Although I'm not a fan of watching horror, it's fun to actually write for it. I'm really tempted to go cliche, but if I could stretch my imagination for a bit, maybe I'd set it in high end gated community with a diverse group of residents with their own secrets, scandals, and lies with surprising connections or links they may or may not realize. I guess that still sounds cliche :D.

Reactions: Milktoast Bandit
I create a film noire in black and white, where the 2 lead characters (larger then life characters like Casablanca) from from distant countries become realised soulmates and after overcoming great perils and odds to meet at the top of the empire State building at noon... The man delayed and is told by a woman arrives very late, but the woman believing her soul mate was not coming, leaps to her death. The male character has to live with his mistake until the end of his days...

He finds out in the epilogue from a gypsy woman that this scene has played out in countless lifetimes... And until the end of time his true love will always just be out of his grasp...

Just a rough draft... Would need polishing a bit, I'm not a fan of predictable movies...

If I could write my own TV series, it would go something like this:

"Several friends own Paddy's Pub, a neighborhood bar in Philadelphia, and try to find their way in the world of work and relationships. But often, they can't get out of their own way, leading to uncomfortable situations, which usually worsen before improving. The gang includes twin siblings Dennis and Sweet Dee Reynolds, along with their longtime friends, Charlie Kelly and Ronald "Mac" McDonald. Charlie lives with Frank, Dennis and Sweet Dee's father, who has left his cheating, money-grabbing wife in an attempt to redeem himself after a history of doing business with sketchy people."

And I would call it, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia...

Wait...
Maaaaaaaan! There's always at least one asshole that steals my best ideas before I even get chance to think 'em... :(

If I could write my own TV series, it would go something like this:

"Several friends own Paddy's Pub, a neighborhood bar in Philadelphia, and try to find their way in the world of work and relationships. But often, they can't get out of their own way, leading to uncomfortable situations, which usually worsen before improving. The gang includes twin siblings Dennis and Sweet Dee Reynolds, along with their longtime friends, Charlie Kelly and Ronald "Mac" McDonald. Charlie lives with Frank, Dennis and Sweet Dee's father, who has left his cheating, money-grabbing wife in an attempt to redeem himself after a history of doing business with sketchy people."

And I would call it, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia...

Wait...
Maaaaaaaan! There's always at least one asshole that steals my best ideas before I even get chance to think 'em... :(

What... You mean someone already wrote that? Pfft doesn't matter all movies use the wizard of Oz as a guide... Change characters change movie name use wizard of Oz as plot and BAM!! You're off to the Oscars baby... Name in lights... Movie star... Swimming pools...

But at least your not original idea got 97% on rotten tomatoes... That should make you happy? ...huh... Rotten tomatoes?

Reactions: Gaze
What... You mean someone already wrote that? Pfft doesn't matter all movies use the wizard of Oz as a guide... Change characters change movie name use wizard of Oz as plot and BAM!! You're off to the Oscars baby... Name in lights... Movie star... Swimming pools...

But at least your not original idea got 97% on rotten tomatoes... That should make you happy? ...huh... Rotten tomatoes?
Yeah, that does make me feel a little better about myself. Yay... :unhappy:

So my next show will be like one of those popular talent shows called Junkeez Got Skill (hosted by Joe Rogan). Every week, a new junkie will appear on live TV and let random people from the streets poop in his/her butt for a Fentanyl patch...

Reactions: Midnight Harlequin
Yeah, that does make me feel a little better about myself. Yay... :unhappy:

So my next show will be like one of those popular talent shows called Junkeez Got Skill (hosted by Joe Rogan). Every week, a new junkie will appear on live TV and let random people from the streets poop in his/her butt for a Fentanyl patch...

See... I would have rather seen you as the host... Your selling yourself short...

You got skillz...... I think you could out poop any of those junkies... Hence you should be the host...

See... I would have rather seen you as the host... Your selling yourself short...

You got skillz...... I think you could out poop any of those junkies... Hence you should be the host...
I'm just an introverted script writer, dude. I don't wanna be in front of the camera. I'm also lazy. That's why it is as it is. And with the state of the collective mind, it's sure to be a hit! :smiley:

I'm just an introverted script writer, dude. I don't wanna be in front of the camera. I'm also lazy. That's why it is as it is. And with the state of the collective mind, it's sure to be a hit! :smiley:

Of course you are right... what was I thinking.... but think of the ratings!

Oh, here's another one. I feel like this one could be a hit.

So, the basic premise is a group of people gather around this cool joint in a multidimensional universe. They come from all walks of life, speak different languages, etc. They check in at different hours, hang out for a bit, chat about their lives, who they are, why they are they are. There is a head bartender and a few staff who checks in on the regulars, and manages the place, make sure the place is stocked with all kinds of types. Like a 1920s speakeasy. You never know who you'll meet. Each person has their own story. Each episode focuses on one or more characters, their relationships outside the joint, and their relationships with each other. But there's a twist. No one except the bartender knows that the speakeasy is a front. And the entire joint is last stop at the end of time. Everyone who stops in is simply reliving a moment they've lived many times before in the neverending void known as the Continuum. ;)

Oh, here's another one. I feel like this one could be a hit.

So, the basic premise is a group of people gather around this cool joint in a multidimensional universe. They come from all walks of life, speak different languages, etc. They check in at different hours, hang out for a bit, chat about their lives, who they are, why they are they are. There is a head bartender and a few staff who checks in on the regulars, and manages the place, make sure the place is stocked with all kinds of types. Like a 1920s speakeasy. You never know who you'll meet. Each person has their own story. Each episode focuses on one or more characters, their relationships outside the joint, and their relationships with each other. But there's a twist. No one except the bartender knows that the speakeasy is a front. And the entire joint is last stop at the end of time. Everyone who stops in is simply reliving a moment they've lived many times before in the neverending void known as the Continuum. ;)

Very reminiscent of the "restaurant at the end of the universe" kinda vibe goin' on... I like it... I would totally watch that...

Reactions: Wyote and Gaze
I would write about someone who accidentally stole a Pepsi. It almost happened to me yesterday, and my mind created a series on it's own on how horribly wrong things could go from there.

It's a horrifying nightmare, that stealing a Pepsi could ruin your life to some degree in the society of surplus phenomenons!

I would probably not do the pepsi, but something that costs more money, so it would be in the police record. Do you have dots on the record in US?

Yes, I m writing it as we speak!

God night!

I would write about someone who accidentally stole a Pepsi. It almost happened to me yesterday, and my mind created a series on it's own on how horribly wrong things could go from there.

It's a horrifying nightmare, that stealing a Pepsi could ruin your life to some degree in the society of surplus phenomenons!

I would probably not do the pepsi, but something that costs more money, so it would be in the police record. Do you have dots on the record in US?

Yes, I m writing it as we speak!

God night!

Well it might have been a Pepsi, but the main character changes it to something more expensive in the police report, so the police would do something about it :)

Reactions: Infjente and Gaze
If you could write your own tv series, what type of scenarios or situations would you write about? What kinds of characters would you write? What kinds of themes would you write about? Would you include personality theory in how you write the characters, or would you just go by natural personality?

My recent tv series that blew me away is Legion, so I guess it has to be a story about a personal distress or difficulty that leads to mysteries concerning MC's perception of reality. What is true? Can you trust your mind? Can you trust your friends? A lot of symbolism, traveling into self-psyche, may be a little bit Noir.

Reactions: Wyote
I'd like to produce a full budget hybrid documentary/scripted television series ala American Crime Story based on the historical accounts of different historical figures. History is often more fascinating than fiction and gives so much more context about the world we're living in now. Like, there'd be 3-4 hour long episodes on each: Atila the Hun, Elizabeth I, Napolean, Marie Sklodowska Curie, Rosa Parks, etc. There'd be two series. One focusing on Ancient History. One on Modern History. I'd watch the shit out of such a show.

If you could write your own tv series, what type of scenarios or situations would you write about?
I would write about sociopolitics on the individual level.

What kinds of characters would you write?
I'd write characters who are willing to undergo great ethical sacrifice.

What kinds of themes would you write about?
Power and success.

Would you include personality theory in how you write the characters,
Yeah.