If I could do anything | INFJ Forum

If I could do anything

ShadowWarrior

Regular Poster
Aug 15, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
I thought I would start a thread on the topic "if I could do anything" and see what others had to say.

This would be anything with no restraints whatsoever. Imagine a universe where there were no laws or rules, not just laws of man but of the universe itself.

So for me it would be:

If I could do anything I would transcend beyond the existence of the body, I would observe an understand each being in order to comprehend those things which I have no knowledge.

laying under an umbrella on a deserted tropical beach, listening to sounds of forest and surf, sipping icy cold cocktails, reading trashy magazines...

I'd become the space pirate leader of a space penguin army roaming the galaxy in a vaguely phallic space cruiser named the Gallant Battlecock.

Reactions: Bellosome
I would create a universe.
Wow, I didn't knew I longed for that... who knew!

Now that would be awesome. It triggers more questions, what would your universe be like?

I have no idea. The first thing that poped into mind was to create something that doesn't even involve matter, materia. I mean, I'm not just into creating the vast, great space, but the very fabric of the universe itself - laws, matter, energy, etc. - and everything we know about these things, we know because we've studied this universe. If we were to create something utterly different, we don't just have to think outside the box, but we have to keep ourself from even thinking a box (since a box is made up from parts of this universe). So it's difficult to know what this new universe would be like.

But if I were to create something we can comprehend to some degree, by imagination made up by bits and pieces of experience of this life, it would probably be a universe where I could hang out with the guys living in it, as one of them.

I'm not kidding, this is turning out to be something quite similar to the story of Christ - except the sacrifice - and I'm starting to understand the whole deal with creating a universe just to get to now the ones living in it, hoping for them to love eachother etc. etc. Often you could start wonder what would have made God - if you believe in such an entety - create a universe in the first place. Answering this question myself I just found out it must have been out of love and curiousity. He did it because he could - how would he not have done it! But anyways, that's more of a religious topic and starting to be off topic.

I would create a universe full of characters that would have their own unique personalities. You could also ask of me to just raise children instead of creating a whole universe, haha! I long to be a father, some day.

Other than that my universe would have been box shaped (not "minecraft"-box-shaped, I'm talking about the whole universe... a box, where in this universe takes it place).

1sjic4.jpg

I'd become the space pirate leader of a space penguin army roaming the galaxy in a vaguely phallic space cruiser named the Gallant Battlecock.

This sounds like it would be a fun thing to watch. Do the penguins carry any weapons?

I have no idea. The first thing that poped into mind was to create something that doesn't even involve matter, materia. I mean, I'm not just into creating the vast, great space, but the very fabric of the universe itself - laws, matter, energy, etc. - and everything we know about these things, we know because we've studied this universe. If we were to create something utterly different, we don't just have to think outside the box, but we have to keep ourself from even thinking a box (since a box is made up from parts of this universe). So it's difficult to know what this new universe would be like.

But if I were to create something we can comprehend to some degree, by imagination made up by bits and pieces of experience of this life, it would probably be a universe where I could hang out with the guys living in it, as one of them.

I'm not kidding, this is turning out to be something quite similar to the story of Christ - except the sacrifice - and I'm starting to understand the whole deal with creating a universe just to get to now the ones living in it, hoping for them to love eachother etc. etc. Often you could start wonder what would have made God - if you believe in such an entety - create a universe in the first place. Answering this question myself I just found out it must have been out of love and curiousity. He did it because he could - how would he not have done it! But anyways, that's more of a religious topic and starting to be off topic.

I would create a universe full of characters that would have their own unique personalities. You could also ask of me to just raise children instead of creating a whole universe, haha! I long to be a father, some day.

Other than that my universe would have been box shaped (not "minecraft"-box-shaped, I'm talking about the whole universe... a box, where in this universe takes it place).

Ah yes if you are to create a universe it would need to be something which all of your own laws apply. I liked the direction you were going regarding the reasons for our own creation, it sounded very existential to me.

I often think about my book and a part of me imagines that this world I am writing will only come into being once I finished my book. Its in a way a part of inspiration to continue making it, to imagine that you are in fact creating it into being.

Going on a level of existentialism, if we do in fact have a creator than the question I have often asked is who created this entity? Depending on a persons beliefs of course we could imagine quite a bit from this. Just like computers, we created this code which basically is its entire universe on its own, we could stop and wonder if through this we have in fact already created universes within universes.

This could take on a whole new level of conversation, with many of course disagreeing with this statement of mine because it is not logical on a scientific basis, but on a basis of a world with no rules as we are now talking about, this in fact could be possible :)

I often think about my book and a part of me imagines that this world I am writing will only come into being once I finished my book. Its in a way a part of inspiration to continue making it, to imagine that you are in fact creating it into being.

Have you seen the film "Stranger Than Fiction"? I recomend it!

Have you seen the film "Stranger Than Fiction"? I recomend it!

I have and LOVE that movie :) Speaking of movies, I noticed people recommended books, is there a movie recommendation thread out there? I am always seeking movies like you just mentioned :)

Reactions: Bellosome
I have and LOVE that movie :) Speaking of movies, I noticed people recommended books, is there a movie recommendation thread out there? I am always seeking movies like you just mentioned :)

I don't know, try search for it. :)
Either way there should be one.

(I would) Move through time with pinpoint accuracy at will.

I thought I would start a thread on the topic "if I could do anything" and see what others had to say.

This would be anything with no restraints whatsoever. Imagine a universe where there were no laws or rules, not just laws of man but of the universe itself.

So for me it would be:

If I could do anything I would transcend beyond the existence of the body, I would observe an understand each being in order to comprehend those things which I have no knowledge.

I'd create my own dimensions and make them the way I see fit.

I'd create my own dimensions and make them the way I see fit.

With Blackjack! And hookers!

I would start a band and tour the p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶t̶ UNIVERSE.

If I could do anything, I'd go and volunteer in Africa for health organizations. I would be proficiently advanced in the medical physician field. I'd then would go relax on a yacht inviting friends to travel the Mediterranean along with a photographer on board to follow our unplanned adventure.