[INFJ] - if god were an mbti type which one would he be? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] if god were an mbti type which one would he be?

chad

Regular Poster
Feb 4, 2015
MBTI
infp
okim going to use all religions i can think of to create a portrait of an mbti type god might be?
ok first of all
!)introverted or extroverted
i think god would be an introvert heres why:god would be very self sufficient meaning he would not need lots of people to be happy or speak with,tho many would come to him as a human form or mbti type form i think he would be very introverted only speaking when necessary also i think god would get most of his energy internaly and not externaly
2)intuitive or sensation
ok this one is tricky some people say god would have no ego so wouldnt be a ''thinking type of person'' but i think god would be a thinking type of person someone who is genuis and would think deeply about things and matters,he would be an intuitive type
3)feeling or thinking
ok according to hinduism god is oneness orthe state of enlightenment is when you become one with everything and extroverted feeling is the pinicle of this oneness people with extroverted feeling often become on with people and things,some even say that they themselfs feel others emotions as there own,also god would be holistic and feeling,.expecialy extroverted feeling focuses on humanity as a whole its very intuitive and holstic and compassionate so i think god would be a feeler
4)perceiving or judging
ok to me a perceiver is more scatter brained than a judger i think god would be a judger heres why because judgers are more focused and single pointed choosing to focus on one task at a time rather then many and according to hinduism and buddhism meditation is about achiving a single pointed mind,especialy mindfulness,theres a practise were you give you full attension to whatever task is at hand tho everyone is never realy single pinted i think judgers are more so than perceivers
so my conclusion god would be an infj....

Reactions: Sandie33
INTJ, "the architect."

Reactions: Eventhorizon
All of them.

Hmmm... which one is most emotionally autistic?

God corresponds to the Transcendent Function, not any of the 4.

Different religions correspond to different degrees to different functions. For example, ones that involve meditative transcendence of mundane experience are often Ni-ish.
Appeals to the idea that God is necessary for a secure foundation for our value judgments are Feeling-function oriented.

Since God (from a Christian perspective) is undefinable by human standards, since He is transcendent as someone else mentioned, mysterious, and not completely knowable, His type would supersede all types. A separate category would have to be created to describe Him. At minimal, I believe He is an ambivert, and experiences the best of both worlds. This is evident in the New Testament. To comprehend humanity, His own creation, He would need to be all-knowing or all-experiencing, and therefore have all function sets as a part of his being.

All, and more, and infinitely, incomprehensibly beyond.

OP, if you are saying the Hinduism/many eastern religions have a NiFe vibe, I agree. But *God* himself, I'd argue is closer to the transcendent function

okim going to use all religions i can think of to create a portrait of an mbti type god might be?
ok first of all
!)introverted or extroverted
i think god would be an introvert heres why:god would be very self sufficient meaning he would not need lots of people to be happy or speak with,tho many would come to him as a human form or mbti type form i think he would be very introverted only speaking when necessary also i think god would get most of his energy internaly and not externaly
2)intuitive or sensation
ok this one is tricky some people say god would have no ego so wouldnt be a ''thinking type of person'' but i think god would be a thinking type of person someone who is genuis and would think deeply about things and matters,he would be an intuitive type
3)feeling or thinking
ok according to hinduism god is oneness orthe state of enlightenment is when you become one with everything and extroverted feeling is the pinicle of this oneness people with extroverted feeling often become on with people and things,some even say that they themselfs feel others emotions as there own,also god would be holistic and feeling,.expecialy extroverted feeling focuses on humanity as a whole its very intuitive and holstic and compassionate so i think god would be a feeler
4)perceiving or judging
ok to me a perceiver is more scatter brained than a judger i think god would be a judger heres why because judgers are more focused and single pointed choosing to focus on one task at a time rather then many and according to hinduism and buddhism meditation is about achiving a single pointed mind,especialy mindfulness,theres a practise were you give you full attension to whatever task is at hand tho everyone is never realy single pinted i think judgers are more so than perceivers
so my conclusion god would be an infj....
If you believe in the holy trinity. Rarity in itself. I would type God HImself as an INTJ. Jesus as an INFP. And the Holy Spirit INFJ. Don't ask me why I'm an INFJ lol

:m187:

To me God is the source of Energy...soo...hm..I don't believe that can have an MBTI type but that's just my personal thought.
If God was indeed a person, then I would guess he would be all of them or none of them. Because God is pure...and stuff...anyway..awkwaaaard. lol

If there were actually a god and it was intj I can assure you we are all fucked.

:m187:

To me God is the source of Energy...soo...hm..I don't believe that can have an MBTI type but that's just my personal thought.
If God was indeed a person, then I would guess he would be all of them or none of them. Because God is pure...and stuff...anyway..awkwaaaard. lol
Go the energy route. It think it will yield more.

This question depends on what god you believe in, but I'll play along. :)

God is Omni, "I Am", and we are all made in His image, so He is equally ALL functions--and therefore completely Other than us.