Idols | INFJ Forum

Idols

philostam

Sep 10, 2019
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Do you guys have any idols? It could be an artist, philosopher, politician, sportsman, whatever. I think the people we are attracted to reveal a lot about ourselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot say I have many, but the one person I am really attracted to Is Pep Guardiola. I am not sure how many of you know him, but he is a football (soccer) coach. I know football is not so popular in US, but here in Europe is quite huge.

It's interesting, because I was really attracted to him long before I knew about MBTI. I was around 15 when he came to coach FC Barcelona, and immediatelly something about him struck a core. He was well dressed, tactical, young, a bit awkward with the media, and his football was attacking and brave.

Well basically, he is an INTP. I was thinking a lot about MBTI and different coaching philosophies in football. I noticed N coaches are a lot braver and tend to prefer attacking football. S coaches are more pragmatic and tend to give the initiative to the opposition.

It's also interesting that the two best coaches in the world at the moment (in my opinion) are NTPs. Guardiola is INTP and Jurgen Klopp (coach of Liverpool) is ENTP.

So anyway, this is a bit of a niche, but it's really interesting for me why did the young me choose to fall in love with this guy. Because believe me, there are many people who absolutely hate the guy and call him Fraudiola or similar.

And I am so glad that he is doing well and also others I tend to like. Football is one area I feel I was always ahead of the curve in terms of predicting what style of football is going to be succesful over the long term. It may sound trivial, but it gave me a lot of confidence in terms of trusting my judgement.

God.

maxresdefault.jpg

Well basically, he is an INTP. I was thinking a lot about MBTI and different coaching philosophies in football. I noticed N coaches are a lot braver and tend to prefer attacking football. S coaches are more pragmatic and tend to give the initiative to the opposition.

What makes you think he's INTP? On the internet I read mostly that he's INTJ. I'm just curious to hear your take on his type.

Because believe me, there are many people who absolutely hate the guy and call him Fraudiola or similar.

Given his résumé, it's a bit rich to call him Fraudiola lol

Oh, there are many reasons why I think he is an INTP. First, he does not have a charisma or presence. On the pitch, yes, but in the press conferences he is pretty modest and you can see his Fe struggling. For example, many other managers are great at ignoring journalists or being aggresive with the press, but he cannot do that. He answers every question, no matter how stupid. When he is a bit more assertive, it's always coupled with awkardness. This is complete opposite to Mourinho (ESTJ) for example, who enjoys being cold and harsh with the media.

Also, many people who work with him say that he is inscure and over-thinks a lot. He doubts in his ability and he is really crushed after a defeat. He even has a few nervous ticks that remind me of Žižek.

It's obvious that he a tactical manager, rather than man manager. He is constantly adapting and changing his tactics, but never the overall stratagy which he inherited from Cruyff (INTJ). He has a vast experience of games as player and as manager that he constantly refers to.

If you watch some of his press conferences, you will see that he is not INTJ. There is a myth that he is an INTJ, but that is probably because football fans who started this myth are not experts in MBTI. They just thought, oh, Guardiola must be a mastermind because he is tactical and therfore, he is an INTJ.

But yeah, thanks for asking, I always enjoy thinking or writting about that. :grinning:

You can see his Fe showing in this video and basically in any of his interviews.

Last edited: