Icebreakers :D | INFJ Forum

Icebreakers :D

floatingbridge

Life's a ride
Donor
Aug 21, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
What are some of the best icebreakers you've said or done, or had said or done to you? This is a place to relieve your fun memories...

I'll go first. :D

Me: "I have an itchy foot."
Him: *laughs* "Don't you just hate it when that happens??"

Now, your turn.

"Hi! I'm Andrei and I have no icebreaker."

This is really useful when said to the same sex, apparently. It may otherwise sound like a pick-up line.

I'm at the point in life where I just don't have to care about "breaking the ice." I just sit back and let someone else do it on the rare occasion that it would even be pertinent. Actually, it's nice not having to feel socially stressed. I wish I could recount some good lines, though, but I'm a shy INTP and never had much talent or practice in "breaking the ice."

A couple of mine.

- *smiles* Hi!
- *uses ice pick*

I was telling a joke one night in the dorms (way back in college) which made fun of Sioux's (pronounced sue) who used to eat dog. Did you know the famous Sioux dog--Rin Tin Tin for Din Din. There were a bunch of us and we all laughed. This very tall man, very large man (not part of our group) stood up and said in this deep voice "I'm Sioux". Everyone got quiet. I turned around and said "Well hiya Sue, nice to meet you"

I also used to break into on the spot skits. I had this one Vampire Countess I used to do who would talk about how difficult it was to be a vampire in the modern age--avoiding airplanes, sun lamps, getting drunk by drinking the blood of drunks but how smelly they were--why it was best to hang around AA meetings instead--how difficult it was to put make up on when you couldn't look in a mirror and how you had to trust other people to tell you when your eyeliner was messed up--how you used to have to really trust your hairdresser when they said the haircut looked good...

There was this new girl at Starbucks once.

New Girl: Welcome to Starbucks. Can I get you started on something?

Me: I'll have a grande coffee.

New Girl: Anything to go with that?

Me: No. You're new, aren't you? Don't be so nervous; I can sense your nervousness.

New Girl: You're not supposed to say that!

I'm never the one to "break the ice"...if you don't say something to me first,i guess we're not talking...lol.And as far as what people have said to me...corny,thoughtless comments do nothing for me,so,if you are trying to break the ice with me,say something smart,witty,sound like you have some brains in your head.

me (to a massive gangster black guy in 8th grade): "Hi! You sound like a girl."
him: "... Well girly you sound like a horse -- or more like a whore!"

he started throwing snowballs at me really hard .. and i apologized :( then we were friends again. see, extroverts say socially retarded things all the time.

------

me (to guy sitting beside me on the plane): "Hi, excuse me, would you like my pretzels?"
him: "oh sure thanks"

*2 hours later*

him: "so, how'd you like that justin bieber movie?"

-------

me (to new girl in class as we were going around the class doing an icebreaker game): "hi, my name is jennifer. i have a spare block at ____ time, so if you want to skip class you can come hang out with me."

-------

i'm sure i have tons of strange ones, but can't think of any right now...

Reactions: bickelz
There was this new girl at Starbucks once.

New Girl: Welcome to Starbucks. Can I get you started on something?

Me: I'll have a grande coffee.

New Girl: Anything to go with that?

Me: No. You're new, aren't you? Don't be so nervous; I can sense your nervousness.

New Girl: You're not supposed to say that!

What did you say after that? It was the perfect opportunity to be like "Well Baby, I can help calm your nerves. When do you get off?"

me (to a massive gangster black guy in 8th grade): "Hi! You sound like a girl."
him: "... Well girly you sound like a horse -- or more like a whore!"

he started throwing snowballs at me really hard .. and i apologized :( then we were friends again. see, extroverts say socially retarded things all the time.

------

me (to guy sitting beside me on the plane): "Hi, excuse me, would you like my pretzels?"
him: "oh sure thanks"

*2 hours later*

him: "so, how'd you like that justin bieber movie?"

-------

me (to new girl in class as we were going around the class doing an icebreaker game): "hi, my name is jennifer. i have a spare block at ____ time, so if you want to skip class you can come hang out with me."

-------

i'm sure i have tons of strange ones, but can't think of any right now...

Now I know your name is Jennifer /jus creepin'

me: hello...Hey, i know you want to touch me but not here....

Person: what?! i never said that.

me: but you were thinking it

person: yeah your right, have a million pounds... and a touch.

Me: i said not here! are you a woman by the way?

person: not sure, let me check............... yeah

me: thank god, I was worried for a moment.

person:you were?!

a good one with guys is to introduce them to the concept of docking http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=docking and sick them out (not gay men however, they tend to take offence).
Ladies just need some smut coined in a camp manner.
If all else fails a good moan about something "isn't the sky shit" "yeah your damn right"

Last edited:
me: hello...Hey, i know you want to touch me but not here....

Person: what?! i never said that.

me: but you were thinking it

person: yeah your right, have a million pounds... and a touch.

Me: i said not here! are you a woman by the way?

person: not sure, let me check............... yeah

me: thank god, I was worried for a moment.

person:you were?!

a good one with guys is to introduce them to the concept of docking http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=docking and sick them out (not gay men however, they tend to take offence).
Ladies just need some smut coined in a camp manner.
If all else fails a good moan about something "isn't the sky shit" "yeah your damn right"

You're a natural.

Reactions: Nixie