I want to learn something but I dunno what! | INFJ Forum

I want to learn something but I dunno what!

SarahBS

Permanent Fixture
Apr 10, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
So, I thought I would start a thread about this! Maybe somebody can help me with it. It's a bit crazy, to be honest.

I feel like I want to know about something. It's hard to explain. Just to know about one specific general topic. Not job-related, but I'm not really sure what! Like start from the beginning and dig deep into it.
I always loved everything and as a "multipotentialite" I've been learning this and that but got bored quite quickly and moved on to the next topic. I live with people that know a lot about one thing or another and this comes from this situation. I wanna be an expert at one thing. (not job-related)

Some people are like that, you know? Checking all the forums and stay up to date about one topic every day? Stay on top of things.

Magazines are fine but they cover all kinda topics...so... I dunno if I should start with that.

Any thoughts? :p

It's hard to make suggestions without knowing your interests. If you want to be an expert at something, you should pick a core interest.
The possibilities are endless, but if you're not choosing something you have a passion for you won't stick with it. That said, you could spend a few years studying one thing and then move on to another topic.

I have a lot of interests, too, but I try to narrow my attention down to things that will help my core interests grow, practical and helpful topics (like cooking), and what is readily available in my environment. (For example, I try to learn as much as possible about the plants and wildlife in my area.) Years ago I wanted to learn a musical instrument but decided it would pull me away from my core interests, which would make me "OK" at everything instead of good at one or two things.

I guess I would start with learning about me. Or yourself rather. I think in doing that you will find your answer to what your real interests are.

Microsoft
new boundaries
words fitly spoken

proverbs_word_fitly_spoken_apples_of_gold_necklace-r1af4f033203041e592887756f6b593a5_fkobh_8byvr_704.jpg

Reactions: SarahBS
Communication skills can take us on a learning spree.

This is now listening...

Would you like your bread served directly, with parables, just touching on the subject, with innuendos, round about: Do you enjoy talking in paradigms?

Reactions: SarahBS
Thank you all for your reply :)
I started with nutrition and how to eat more healthily. There are so many things to learn. Still, there is this thing inside me that bugs me :D
I guess in some cases I might like to think about the result more than the process! I try my best not to be like that but sometimes it happens I guess :D

There is also a piano in the house .... :hearteyes:

Reactions: just me and flower