I think i met an INFJ . . . so cool! :D | INFJ Forum

I think i met an INFJ . . . so cool! :D

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
:D

Seriously, he seems very quiet/shy, doesn't ask for any attention. Organized and serious, very direct and straightforward. I'm still on the fence whether he is INFJ or INTJ, but he seems to have strong Fi - he operates under the radar. Very subdued, quiet, and calm. Introverted, clearly, etc.

But i think it's so darn cool because i feel like he reflects almost everything i've come to learn about INFJs on the forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: rawr
lol probably INFJ then.

Neat.

Although i'm sure there's no way to know for sure unless I knew this person well, what are other immediate, typical signs i could use to confirm it?

I'd say he'd have more tact as an INFJ than an INTJ. He'd place how people would take his findings ahead of the actual information. An INTJ wouldn't understand what everyone was so miffed about.

I'd say he'd have more tact as an INFJ than an INTJ. He'd place how people would take his findings ahead of the actual information. An INTJ wouldn't understand what everyone was so miffed about.

Yeah, he seems to be sensitive but indirectly. He isn't dismissive. Thing about this person is that he flies under the radar pretty easily but yet he is so obvious and noticeable to me. Maybe i'm projecting. Hmm . . .

Last edited:
direct and straight forward seem to be a sign of of an ISFJ

Nope, not necessarily. I know an ISFJ very well, and she is the least direct and straightforward person I know. She reserves her opinion.

I know my excitement seems a little odd :D but i've had a tough week, so i'm glad i get to see someone or something cool or awesome. It makes my day.

Yeah, he seems to be sensitive but indirectly. He isn't dismissive. Thing about this person is that he flies under the radar pretty easily but yet he is so obvious and noticeable to me. Maybe i'm projecting. Hmm . . .

Did you catch it?

Infjs can be caught two ways:

bear hugs

bear traps

or you can offer them world peace, a loving relationship, a tight knit community, a prosperous life, a great impact on the good of humanity, and a pension. As long as they step into the cage.
:mhula:

i've caught like 4 mebbe 5 infjs. totally took their smaller intestines for science. I think your infj might have a nice cerebellum or brain stem though. do some research.

(on a serious note, congratulations!)

Reactions: Nixie

not necessarily. . .i mean, it is, but it doesn't mean that they're one. I am pretty direct & straightforward (at least, i can be often.) The key is probably ot notice body language and speech habits. Does he seem to trail off? How are his conversations? how are they structured, where to they head?

anyway, just my two cents.

(for the record, you're right Barnabas, i don't mean to like, shoot that down.)

Last edited:
not secondarily . . .i mean, it is, but it doesn't mean that they're one. I am pretty direct & straightforward (at least, i can be often.) The key is probably ot notice body language and speech habits. Does he seem to trail off? How are his conversations? how are they structured, where to they head?

He is very careful in the way he expresses his ideas, thoughtful and very self aware, but again, this is really not that obvious. It's subtle, and not overt at all.

Thing is, he doesn't really smile. He always has a serious expression. Is this more INFJ or INTJ?

Thats usually more INTJ, but then again, INTJ's are famous for their death glare.

Reactions: That Girl
He is very careful in the way he expresses his ideas, thoughtful and very self aware, but again, this is really not that obvious. It's subtle, and not overt at all.

definitely more N then...

Being direct and straightforward correlates more with the Judging vs Perceiving axis. J's like closure and one answer. P's like possibilities and therefore like to ramble on and on.

Does this mean that S-types tend to trail off?

I think I missed a step here.
Ns seem more generally self aware and thoughtful of how they express their ideas. i mean, not all the time, but a lot. but usually it would be the Ns that would trail off, if anything.

Yeah, that makes sense.