I see...things | INFJ Forum

I see...things

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
I see things most dont, I know things most dont. My mind working over time, always happens when I get buzzed. Nothing is known, not here anyway. Our world could be fake, could be real but who is to say? Who comes forward and actually knows whats real and whats not and how do they know?

Science knows everything is made of energy. Atoms have no substance, atoms are only place makers. We are, for all intents, nothing but a simulation but whose simulation? A 16 year old pimple faced kid or a driven scientist with a chip on his shoulder? Is it possible all our lives serve only the purpose of passing an hours worth of boredom away?

I am thin, growing thinner. Why is my life based on the need of purpose? Live, die happy. What if all happiness was, was sunlight? It wouldnt be hard to find and we all would be sun-burnt.

Its becoming difficult to move.

in Chuang Tzu it's allegedly written....

Only the truly intelligent understand the principle of the levelling of all things into One. They discard the distinctions and take refuge in the common and ordinary things. The common and ordinary things serve certain functions and therefore retain the wholeness of nature. From this wholeness, one comprehends, and from comprehension, one to the Tao. There it stops. To stop without knowing how it stops -- this is Tao.

But to wear out one's intellect in an obstinate adherence to the individuality of things, not recognising the fact that all things are One, that is called "Three in the Morning."

What is "Three in the Morning?" A keeper of monkeys said with regard to their rations of nuts that each monkey was to have three in the morning and four at night. At this the monkeys were very angry. Then the keeper said they might have four in the morning and three at night, with which arrangement they were all well pleased. The actual number of nuts remained the same, but there was a difference owing to subjective evaluations of likes and dislikes. It also derives from the principle of subjectivity. Wherefore the true Sage brings all the contraries together and rests in the natural Balance of Heaven. This is called following two courses at once.

Also, Knowing the Happiness of Fish

Chuangtse and Hueitse had strolled on to the bridge over the Hao, when the former observed, "See how the small fish are darting about! That is the happiness of the fish."

"You not being a fish yourself," said Huei, "how can you know the happiness of the fish?"

"And you not being I," retorted Chuangtse, "how can you know that I do not know?"

"If I, not being you, cannot know what you know," urged Huei, "it follows that you, not being a fish, cannot know the happiness of the fish."

"Let us go back to your original question," said Chuangtse. "You asked me how I knew the happiness of the fish. Your very question shows that you knew that I knew. I knew it from my own feelings on this bridge."

Reactions: ThisIsWhoIAm
Maybe instead of asking why your life is based on the need of purpose, keep searching purpose?

By the way, just by starting interesting topics in this forum you've made us have great conversations and have made some of us (including me) smarter :)

Hang in there friend, you might just find what you seek.

I see things most dont, I know things most dont. My mind working over time, always happens when I get buzzed. Nothing is known, not here anyway. Our world could be fake, could be real but who is to say? Who comes forward and actually knows whats real and whats not and how do they know?

Science knows everything is made of energy. Atoms have no substance, atoms are only place makers. We are, for all intents, nothing but a simulation but whose simulation? A 16 year old pimple faced kid or a driven scientist with a chip on his shoulder? Is it possible all our lives serve only the purpose of passing an hours worth of boredom away?

I am thin, growing thinner. Why is my life based on the need of purpose? Live, die happy. What if all happiness was, was sunlight? It wouldnt be hard to find and we all would be sun-burnt.

Its becoming difficult to move.

You sound awesome.

You sound awesome.

tumblr_m0e84szyAE1qgcra2o1_500.gif

(FYI, there was no wind machine on set during this scene. This happens when David Bowie’s electric sex wishes to be released.)

btw [MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION] i couldn't help but read your post like a rapper or a street poet in my head for dramatic effect

Ha ha! You all are too kind with your words. But thank you for them.

[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]

What's wrong with your health?

Long story, 2009 May I became very sick at work. Went to the emergency room, was released, a week later I went back and was admitted to the hospital. After $30k worth of tests and stay, they did not find anything but kept talking about strokes or tsa’s which to me made sense because I couldn’t think clearly any more. After the hospital, for about 2 years straight felt as if every day could be my last. I honestly felt so bad every day for 2 years straight I thought I could die every day. After a while I was begging for death from any potential god that might be listening. Ill never kill myself but I know now there are people alive that have good reasons not to want to be on this earth any more. I used to try to imagine hell when I was younger because this is the religion some in my family followed. Nothing I ever imagined was as bad as what I went through.

About 9 months ago now, I went on a gluten free diet to try and clear up some digestive issues. Over about 3 weeks’ time many of my other symptoms started to go away. I got lucky. They have gone away to where I can at least live a somewhat more normal life. I appear I have whats called gluten sensitivity which is a simple way of saying gluten is basically a deadly poison to my body. Sensitivity for me comprises of all the good things having to do with celiacs, gluten ataxia… Well like I said I got lucky. I could not have gone through the rest of my life feeling as bad as I did. It’s a labor as it is now.

More recently I found I had so little energy I could barely move. Seriously, it took effort just to put one foot in front of the other. After seeing the doc, we got some real results this time. Exceptionally low B12 and Testosterone. My body is giving up on me at the age of 42! :) Not surprising if there really is a link between the physical self and the mind.

Why do I tell all this to anyone who will listen? I am not sure, I think its because I want people to know I am not the same person I was. I am angrier because I don’t feel well or whole most of the time these days. Anyway that’s about it. :)

Long story, 2009 May I became very sick at work. Went to the emergency room, was released, a week later I went back and was admitted to the hospital. After $30k worth of tests and stay, they did not find anything but kept talking about strokes or tsa’s which to me made sense because I couldn’t think clearly any more. After the hospital, for about 2 years straight felt as if every day could be my last. I honestly felt so bad every day for 2 years straight I thought I could die every day. After a while I was begging for death from any potential god that might be listening. Ill never kill myself but I know now there are people alive that have good reasons not to want to be on this earth any more. I used to try to imagine hell when I was younger because this is the religion some in my family followed. Nothing I ever imagined was as bad as what I went through.

About 9 months ago now, I went on a gluten free diet to try and clear up some digestive issues. Over about 3 weeks’ time many of my other symptoms started to go away. I got lucky. They have gone away to where I can at least live a somewhat more normal life. I appear I have whats called gluten sensitivity which is a simple way of saying gluten is basically a deadly poison to my body. Sensitivity for me comprises of all the good things having to do with celiacs, gluten ataxia… Well like I said I got lucky. I could not have gone through the rest of my life feeling as bad as I did. It’s a labor as it is now.

More recently I found I had so little energy I could barely move. Seriously, it took effort just to put one foot in front of the other. After seeing the doc, we got some real results this time. Exceptionally low B12 and Testosterone. My body is giving up on me at the age of 42! :) Not surprising if there really is a link between the physical self and the mind.

Why do I tell all this to anyone who will listen? I am not sure, I think its because I want people to know I am not the same person I was. I am angrier because I don’t feel well or whole most of the time these days. Anyway that’s about it. :)

I think B12 deficiency is caused by years of malnutrition, how long does it take to recover?

And how do you heal the testosterone generation?

I had a b12 deficiency, it can actually affect anyone who has a healthy diet, ironically. For example, someone who doesn't eat much red meat or eggs. It took me a year to get my b12 into a good range, that was with monthly injections and a daily oral supplement. Three months after I stopped the injections, the b12 level started dropping again, and I may need to start the injections again. I think everyone should have their b12 tested regularly.

Sorry to get off topic.

I had a b12 deficiency, it can actually affect anyone who has a healthy diet, ironically. For example, someone who doesn't eat much red meat or eggs. It took me a year to get my b12 into a good range, that was with monthly injections and a daily oral supplement. Three months after I stopped the injections, the b12 level started dropping again, and I may need to start the injections again. I think everyone should have their b12 tested regularly.

Sorry to get off topic.

This just might be a really major part of the subject :)

You know, one thing I often forget to tell people is that I started to feel a lot better after switching to primarily whole fruits and vegetables (this includes beans and root type stuff also) and avoiding a lot of processed foods - this includes anything that really has much of a recipe such as baked goods. I avoid packaged breakfast cereals and things like that, too.

Basically most of what I eat now is just how it is coming off the tree or ground. I'll cut it up and mix it together or whatever, maybe add some vinegar or something, but that's about it. I still do eat rice and tofu though.

One thing that really perked me up seems to be oranges. I'm almost never sick now, depression is practically gone, and my arthritis flareups are relatively minor in comparison to what they used to be.

I still eat meat and bread at times but I try to limit that to a small serving in a day at the most. A lot of meat or bread is just bleah.

Also one should eat some meat for b12 as stated above, if you're not taking supplements. There's a lot of options for b12 including octopus, mackerel, herring, salmon, crab, beef (lean chuck), cheese, and eggs. I often go for fish because fish is awesome.

Also on the note of b12 - just eating b12 stuff is not enough. Many people are deficient in b12 not because they don't eat enough food that has it, but because they don't eat enough other food that allows the body to process b12. A big culprit is not eating enough greens and fruits.

Last edited:
[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION]
I feel you there...I know the back pain I have has made me into a different person...I know I can be too short with people sometimes...it has changed the way I do my job...it has changed the way I play with my Son....it has changed my general outlook on life in certain areas. It's a day by day thing.

I think B12 deficiency is caused by years of malnutrition, how long does it take to recover?

And how do you heal the testosterone generation?
Many of the other folks here have hit it. Increase B12 laden food intake. Supplements and the doc prescribed injections every two weeks. Have no clue how long it takes to recover. I think because I am being effected by gluten, my intestines were messed up though I have no proof of this it seems like a reasonable assumption. Assuming this is true, nutrition absorption was likely effected. To go gluten free, I basically started eating foods that I knew didnt have gluten in it so that cut out almost all processed food for me. I have lost 50 lbs without trying, I do not eat nearly as much food and I dont get hungry like I used to.

Testosterone is a different matter. I tried to get an answer out of the doc on that one but I guess I had already taken up too much of his time that day. Next time though. :)

Sorry to get off topic.

How did it effect you? Did you notice improvement?

You know, one thing I often forget to tell people is that I started to feel a lot better after switching to primarily whole fruits and vegetables (this includes beans and root type stuff also) and avoiding a lot of processed foods - this includes anything that really has much of a recipe such as baked goods. I avoid packaged breakfast cereals and things like that, too.

Basically most of what I eat now is just how it is coming off the tree or ground. I'll cut it up and mix it together or whatever, maybe add some vinegar or something, but that's about it. I still do eat rice and tofu though.

One thing that really perked me up seems to be oranges. I'm almost never sick now, depression is practically gone, and my arthritis flareups are relatively minor in comparison to what they used to be.

I still eat meat and bread at times but I try to limit that to a small serving in a day at the most. A lot of meat or bread is just bleah.

Also one should eat some meat for b12 as stated above, if you're not taking supplements. There's a lot of options for b12 including octopus, mackerel, herring, salmon, crab, beef (lean chuck), cheese, and eggs. I often go for fish because fish is awesome.

Also on the note of b12 - just eating b12 stuff is not enough. Many people are deficient in b12 not because they don't eat enough food that has it, but because they don't eat enough other food that allows the body to process b12. A big culprit is not eating enough greens and fruits.

Love OJ and I used to drink a TON of lemonade. They had this fresh stuff at my local grocery store. Just found out about 4 months ago I am allergic to citrus. Ha ha ha ha! Its almost enough to make me believe in gods and that they get bored. :)