I love you, man | INFJ Forum

I love you, man

Lerxst

Jul 3, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Anyone see this movie? Anyone else feel it hit a bit close to home? I was laughing my ass off half the time just because it reminded me of how much of a loser I am and I didn't want to cry!

No best man for my wedding? Check.
Despise most guy-friends I've met? Check
Being a "girl friend"? Check.
Make up stupid shit/words in a conversation for no reason and then feel ashamed of myself? Check.
Being a die-hard Rush fan? Check.

My wife and I still joke about my "man dates" whenever a rare occasion comes up where I go and hang out with a friend.

Reactions: Nixie
Oh wait, I got this confused with Role Models.

But yes. I have friend I guess who says stupid things in conversations with no remorse, even though he has massive self esteem 'n stuff issues. Sometimes I worry that I don't worry enough about saying stupid things. If nah meeeen?

With me, like in the movie, it usually happens in the context of a conversation with another person who's usually blatantly outgoing and borderline obnoxious... yet friendly. The logic switch in my brain turns off and I reply with something equally stupid that ends the conversation with a weird look.

Gawd, I loved that movie --especially the f***ed up nicknames he comes up with ...lolz

I'm so the girl version IRL. My husband's got his own cute little circle of guy-friends :m131:

No bridemaids for my wedding? Half-Check (thank God for sisters)
Despise most girl-friends I've met? Check
Being a "guy friend"? Check.
Make up stupid shit/words in a conversation for no reason and then feel ashamed of myself? Check.
Being a die-hard Rush fan? well not so die hard but, Check.