I just want to give up on this weight loss plan of mine I dont know what to do ? | INFJ Forum

I just want to give up on this weight loss plan of mine I dont know what to do ?

J

jevsteralija

I started in mid september with my weight loss diet plan and ive lost a total of 20 pounds but now i'm stuck i'm not going any where I started to run more still nothing I feel hopeless. Just yesterday I was so sad I ate so much junk and I went on the scale and it went from 230 to 236 HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE??? I really don't know what to do any more I feel like a failure I just want to be inspired like i was before when I first started I was so pumped but not anymore now I just feel like giving up. I JUST FEEL WEAK !!!! AND ON TOP OF THAT ITS THANKSGIVING TOMORROW !!!!!! PLEASE HELP

welcome to the forum. .
I have battled weight my entire life. . for me, the more I focused on it the harder it became. it wasn't until I let go of the judgement surrounding it that I changed adn got control of it. . when I forgot about it something changed. . may I suggest. . meditation. .it may sound odd, but in the letting go and in the stillness within you may find the answer you seek. .

Reactions: jyrffw54 and Rasmus
Just yesterday I was so sad I ate so much junk and I went on the scale and it went from 230 to 236 HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE??? I really don't know what to do any more I feel like a failure I just want to be inspired like i was before when I first started I was so pumped but not anymore now I just feel like giving up. I JUST FEEL WEAK !!!! AND ON TOP OF THAT ITS THANKSGIVING TOMORROW !!!!!! PLEASE HELP

Don't get discouraged, the weight you gained was mostly water (it would be a physical impossibility to gain even a pound of fat in one day). If you're willing to stick with it, you can succeed, just don't limit yourself to the point you end up binging... form a diet you can stick with. Make and complete goals that are short term (condition yourself for success), and continue to tweak and follow them as they are met. Don't throw in the towel, all is not lost, you've made good progress and can continue to do so. There will be many ups and downs throughout dieting, but sticking with it for the long haul will get you what you want. It will take; time, knowledge, and a lot of effort on your part... but you have control. It is your body and your life, do your best and stick to your goals(there will always be setbacks/hurdles); I can promise that you will see results/success again if you get back to it.

The holidays are a good time to take off from diets (and enjoy ourselves), just keep it in moderation (and don't gorge yourself).

It is particularly difficult to shed pounds in the beginning of the winter, assuming you are in the Northern Hemisphere. If you are going to weigh your self almost every day try to look at the ten day averages.

Keep the fire burning, stay on you physical regime. Take a break half way through your meal and breath for a bit.

Your will power is not the source of your strength, only its demonstration. Try to connect with your inner self, the one you keep hidden from the world. The one that truly loves you.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Just take a week off where you don't bi.ge eat, but instead eat all the things you like. Then go back on diet.

Jevster, mostly I have questions for you. Did you decide to lose 20 lbs because you are 20 overweight? (Cuz I'm thinking if you're only 20 over, you are doing way better than par and don't kick yourself.) Besides being overweight, do you have any other signs of metabolic syndrome? (heart problems, screwed up memory, insulin resistance or diabetes...)

The Holiday Season is not a good time to be stoic -- tell yourself you will eat absolutely everything you want, but 1/2 a portion, and not between meals. I have found with dieting, less restrictions is more realistic -- I tend to emotionally freak out and crave all the foods on my no-no list. My response is to allow myself everything, but surround it with rules, like I can eat bread but only on shabbat.

Since most Americans ARE inflicted with metabolic syndrome, I'm going to make a few comments assuming you do too. Metabolic Syndrome is the long term results of poisoning, and the #1 culprit is Fructose (most often in the form of high fructose corn syrup). Other chemicals screw up your digestive norms as well, especially artificial sweetners. What you need to do is detox, and commit yourself to stop eating these poisons. You are, by necessity, going to start cooking things from scratch so look for cookbooks that fit your bill. When you go shopping, CHECK LABELS -- if there is any ingredient that a second grader can't read, DON'T BUY IT. Anything in the store that your great grandmother wouldn't recognize as food, DON'T EAT. Sucrose (table sugar) is a compound molecule -- it is half glucose (good sugar) and the other half is fructose (poison in large doses). I allow myself things with sugar, but only on shabbat or holidays. Do you see how I work to acknowledge the spoiled little girl with the sweettooth? I simply set different boundaries so that SHE can be satisfied, but not so satisfied that I continue to poison myself.

The last point that I'll make is this: don't diet a low cal diet. Every time we diet, we gain it all back PLUS. Dieting is the most effective way to screw yourself and become overweight permanently and seriously. Instead make healthy changes to your diet. It usually doesn't work to do it all at once. It took me years before I was finally ready to say "no bread unless I bake it myself" -- I really have a thing for bread! So pick one thing to knock off or include at a time, but once you cross that line, don't go back. You are changing your living habits for life.

If you are more damaged than 20 lbs overweight, I have other things to say, but I'll wait for your response.

This is what I'm eating at this exact moment, and its scrumptuous and healthy:

Mexican Squash (maybe a half dozen) chopped
Two Tomatoes chopped
Onion, a half chopped, or if you like a lighter flavor, the white ends of green onions, sliced.
1/3 C sour cream

Saute the onion in a TBSP of Olive Oil until carmelized
Add squash and tomatoes and 1/4 C water -- simmer until the doneness you prefer
Drain
Stir in sour cream
Eat and enjoy!

Last edited:
Perfect diet: toe jam. I never tried it, but I'm sure the OP won't revisit this thread. o_O

I'm not exactly overweight, but I'm not quite where I want to be... I guess you would say I'm 'skinny-fat'.

Anyways I used to try running/more conventional 'working out' and my fat level stayed the same because after my workout, I would end up eating more... so now I've decided to just go on a 4-5 hour hike up the mountain every Sunday, and after 3 weeks of doing this, I've already noticed a difference. It might just be the fact that the first 2 hours are pretty tough and practically straight up on this particular mountain... but yeah, I definitely look thinner and feel better.

I haven't really changed my diet at all-- I still eat ice cream and chocolate and other things (not all the time)-- the only difference is I'm cutting out soda and juice, doing about 100-200 pushups every day or so, and hiking like a maniac every weekend.

I guess not everyone has access to a mountain, but if you have the time it's a great way to spend your Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:
I've never battled with weight so I'm not an expert,but this is what I've learned from other people. 1-you need to have motivation.You need to set up a goal in your mind and find strenght not to give up until you get what you want. 2-you should eat heatlhy.Lots of fruit and vegetables. 3-Running or swimming are very good for your body.Any exercise is good,but those two are the best in my opinion. You should work out at least 5 or 6 days a week.Not too much or you'll get pain in your legs and body,but moderate.Adjust your body to hard exercising. 4-just keep on repeating it all over. Motivation-heahtly diet-exercising (or dancing)

try cutting out bread, pasta, and sugar for two weeks and see what happens.