Zen

Community Member
Oct 7, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
or me:
I just fell in love with this image. This one just stopped me in my tracks. Why do we see the world so differently than others?

How have you not been as others were...and not seen as others saw?

f0b3eeb3fb6754ad060a27bcc4ae2c42.jpg

I know I start a lot of threads and I want everyone at the forum to know I read and appreciate all your answers. I'm getting to know you and I'm learning a great deal about myself as well. Thank you for your answers. I greatly appreciate it.

I thought I would answer this question as well so you can get to know a little about me as well.

I've always wanted to live in a highly evolved society. Where our work, the way we live, our ideas, philosophies and our money is used to benefit all. No competition. Just an intuitive understanding that all we do is for the betterment of all humans and all species on the planet earth. For me, the world as it is, is a great disappointment.Thoughtless consumption backed by mindless materialism. At a young age I couldn't believe how shallow most people were and are. It deeply troubled me that status and power were more important than the well being of others and our planet. The older I got the more troubled I became. It seems that we as the human race are headed toward the 6th extinction and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

I've done what I can. I have changed my ways and I have focused on the good that I can do in the here and now. I have tried to inspire others but it all seems so overwhelming to me.

I can say with humbleness that I have not been as others were and I have not seen as others saw.

A simple example for me is how ridiculous the idea of ownership. If you think in terms of land as an example, that has always seemed a bit ridiculous to me. The idea that some one could go along somewhere and then 'discover' something that is already there,- and then stick a stake in the ground and claim it, so to speak. Now everything that can be owned has somehow been taken over. Whether it's an actual physical thing or access to that thing or idea.

I think as a child my intuition was quite strong. I had a sense of the cyclical nature of things (time) and the dynamics underlying relationships. My connection to nature and some experiences also felt quite heightened and in retrospect, profound. I think I had a rich imaginary world, which was a good thing as I was an only child. I felt alone a lot of the time, but connected to things at the same time. Also I was fascinated about things like out of body experiences and everything esoteric like that from a young age. I asked a lot of questions about everything, but was withdrawn at school.

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track here, in terms of what your interested in...but I'm interested to hear what other people are going to say. Interesting topic!

Last edited:
I love this thread and all the posts in it so far, including the original image. <3 <3 <3
Thank you for sharing. (I always consider it an honor when someone shares their personal thoughts, feelings or story.)

I've always wanted to live in a highly evolved society. Where our work, the way we live, our ideas, philosophies and our money is used to benefit all. No competition. Just an intuitive understanding that all we do is for the betterment of all humans and all species on the planet earth. For me, the world as it is, is a great disappointment.Thoughtless consumption backed by mindless materialism. At a young age I couldn't believe how shallow most people were and are. It deeply troubled me that status and power were more important than the well being of others and our planet.

- Yes. THIS.

A simple example for me is how ridiculous the idea of ownership.

- Yes.

I think as a child my intuition was quite strong....
- Yes. <3

The older I got the more troubled I became. It seems that we as the human race are headed toward the 6th extinction and there is nothing we can do to stop it.
- That is my husband to a T.

I can be reluctant to share my thoughts and feelings. (Then sometimes talk too much about them.) But, I couldn't let this post wander by without commenting on how much it hit me right here. (((-points to heart.)))

Now everything that can be owned has somehow been taken over.

I think about this too.

I think as a child my intuition was quite strong. I had a sense of the cyclical nature of things (time) and the dynamics underlying relationships. My connection to nature and some experiences also felt quite heightened and in retrospect, profound. I think I had a rich imaginary world, which was a good thing as I was an only child. I felt alone a lot of the time, but connected to things at the same time. Also I was fascinated about things like out of body experiences and everything esoteric like that from a young age. I asked a lot of questions about everything, but was withdrawn at school.

This describes my experience too.

Thoughtless consumption backed by mindless materialism

I never thought that Car Culture would keep going to further extremes. It's ridiculous thousands of people sitting in traffic jams by themselves to drive to work or to go buy the jumbo sized mayonnaise at Costco.

How have you not been as others were...and not seen as others saw?

I was codependent. Drinking with others to fit in until I couldn't stand it anymore.

I was rarely interested in the things that were culturally acceptable for males to be interested in.

I was accepted in adult conversations from a very young age.

I always preferred female friends from a very young age.

I have hidden my true self and my mystical interests from others since, Age 13?

A simple example for me is how ridiculous the idea of ownership. If you think in terms of land as an example, that has always seemed a bit ridiculous to me. The idea that some one could go along somewhere and then 'discover' something that is already there,- and then stick a stake in the ground and claim it, so to speak. Now everything that can be owned has somehow been taken over. Whether it's an actual physical thing or access to that thing or idea.

I've liked to think that the only thing that I "own" is my life. There is nothing else I "own". All those things that bring joy to my life are things that might just disappear any given moment and I'd be just fine with it. Those remain as memories. It includes people, experiences, thoughts, feelings and all that there is to life.

At the beginning life is like a canvas. There is nothing in it. You start to paint it. You might start again from the beginning of an empty canvas thinking what it could be like. The point is that you're the artist that makes the masterpiece in the ending. You determine what there is to that life of yours you want to seek and maintain. You will make the art you want to see. Troubles arise when you aren't that sure what want, what is it that makes the canvas worth looking at.

We're all special and different. Not just the INFJ or any personality type. Don't fall into the fallacy that you're more that or this than the other person. You will become blind to humanity as a whole.

Ps. k thx im drunk

I've liked to think that the only thing that I "own" is my life.

IMO, the only thing I own is my mind. Nature owns my body. Even if I take care of my body, it is controlled by nature.

Reactions: Wyote
There is very little in this world that brings me to rage than modern society and how people are these days especially shallow empty relationships and cookie cutter personalities. The concept of money in this era is ridiculous that without it you practically don't exist and have no value as a human being.

Reactions: Asa